Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How about a summer host provider tag
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How about a summer host provider tag

Embrace the summer host.

One should be able to request a summerhost tag for themselves......

And also be nominated as such by mods or community

Thanked by 2HBHosting idleparty
Summerhost Tag
  1. Is it a71 votes
    1. Great Idea!
      67.61%
    2. Terrible Idea
      32.39%

Comments

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

I operate yoursunny summer host.
    We are the only provider in Antarctica and other exotic locations.

I want to request a summer host tag.
    Moreover, I suggest creating a summer host offers category where I can post unsustainable offers.

Thanked by 3lanefu bulbasaur vyas11
  • It's actually a great idea, new hosts on LET (me included) should be classified as a 'summer host' for the first year, after one year you become a Verified Host. Would help people understand who has been on LET longer and give them more credibility for their businesses and give higher trust rates for long term users here

• S(c)ummer host

• More tags. Yeah.

I should have an "imok" tag.

Thanked by 1idleparty
  • pbxpbx Member

@HBHosting said: new hosts on LET (me included) should be classified as a 'summer host' for the first year, after one year you become a Verified Host.

That would be interesting, but some folks with a not-so-sustainable business could still become "Verified Host" and this could bring a false sense of security from buyers who don't know the providers well (i.e. @cociu would have become a "Verified Host" and we all knew that what finally happened could have happened anytime).

"Provider" is probably a better tag as it's more neutral. The fact that the person has been in business for a while doesn't imply that you can trust him/her with your data, or that the business won't collapse anytime soon.

• @pbx said:

Don't buy what you don't need.

Otherwise you become AlwaysSkint ;)

Thanked by 2yoursunny pbx
  • rustelekomrustelekom Member, Patron Provider

What about the summer shopper?

Buy anything by following simple general rules:

(a) Check what you are buying (technical specifications, test results, etc.)
    b) check who the seller is (check company registration date, SSL certificate, presence in known business directories, customer references)
    c) check your payment and refund conditions (this is important!)
    d) place your order and pay the invoice.

• mrclownmrclown Member
    edited January 2022

@HBHosting said:
    It's actually a great idea, new hosts on LET (me included) should be classified as a 'summer host' for the first year, after one year you become a Verified Host. Would help people understand who has been on LET longer and give them more credibility for their businesses and give higher trust rates for long term users here

Quite logical. But if you rate Providers or Members by years, LET will become like WHT. I don't think we need another WHT.

LET is unique with a lot of dramas, stupid deals, runaway hosts, lottery/hypes (Limited edition), transfers after transfers while most (80%) here bought the servers to idle for months or forever. In short no summer host, no fun in LET. Most popular long threads or posts are meant for that.

Thanked by 1HBHosting
  • @HBHosting said:
    It's actually a great idea, new hosts on LET (me included) should be classified as a 'summer host' for the first year, after one year you become a Verified Host. Would help people understand who has been on LET longer and give them more credibility for their businesses and give higher trust rates for long term users here

Technically every provider here, is a verified host.

Current Tag ( "Provider" and "Top Provider" ) is good enough.

Perhaps summer host is given to people who ask for provider tag without reading the rule. or Shilling, or Other Shady things. Some kind of "Watch Out for This Shady Provider because he doesn't bother to Read the Rules" Tag

Thanked by 2pbx lanefu