Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Baikal caldev help
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Baikal caldev help

I have Baikal caldev installed on a DA shared hosting... I have setup one user with a calendar.

I use outlook desktop client for emails and calendar events. It's a personal domain, so don't wanna associate with google...

Turns out outlook doesn't support caldev... I want to keep all my calendar meetings synced online so I get notifications on my phone...

Any suggestions on get this setup running?

Thanks

Comments

• BBTNBBTN Member
    edited January 2022

What exactly are you asking for? An app for your phone (which OS?), a web frontend for CalDAV?

I'm using CalDAV with Nextcloud, Thunderbird and DAVx⁵ for several years now. Had
    Baïkal running before, also using Thunderbird and DAVx⁵ on Android.

Maybe this is interesting for you: https://nextcloud.com/blog/nextcloud-offers-caldav-synchronizer-for-outlook-users/

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
  • @BBTN said:
    What exactly are you asking for? An app for your phone (which OS?), a web frontend for CalDAV?

I'm using CalDAV with Nextcloud, Thunderbird and DAVx⁵ for several years now. Had
    Baïkal running before, also using Thunderbird and DAVx⁵ on Android.

Maybe this is interesting for you: https://nextcloud.com/blog/nextcloud-offers-caldav-synchronizer-for-outlook-users/

Caldev on outlook desktop app as that's my current daily driver

• plumbergplumberg Veteran
    edited January 2022

Just tried this, seems to be erroring out with some pre post quotes. Not sure what I may be doing wrong.

• Figured out the issue... calendar is now synchronized with Baikal.

Q is how to get Google also to read from this hosted calendar... seems google doesnt support caldev

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited January 2022

That's kind of why caldav falls under "you think you want it but you don't" in my mind. I use my Gmail account for Google calendar always.

• @jar said:
    That's kind of why caldav falls under "you think you want it but you don't" in my mind. I use my Gmail account for Google calendar always.

yeh, Google has made it convenient for everyone...
    Alas, I have a specific need where I need to use my personal domain... and kinda manage my calendar... If I fwd my emails to google and open the calendar invites from personal domain there, it adds my gmail account to the list...

This personal domain is hosted on a shared hosting on DirectAdmin... I have my phone linked to my GoogleCalendar... and my laptop uses outlook and thats where I am syncing events to this Caldev instance...

Needed my personal domain calendar made available on Google so easy to manage appointments....

Sigh....