Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Strange messages in Mxroute control panel
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Strange messages in Mxroute control panel

I have a lot of these similar messages in my mxroute control panel. None of these random domains are mine, so not sure why theses are being sent to me. Any ideas?

Sampling of messages:

Error during automated certificate renewal for oaklandtechnologies.com.au
2022-01-16 00:37

mail.oaklandtechnologies.com.au was skipped due to unreachable http://mail.oaklandtechnologies.com.au/.well-known/acme-challenge/ file.
webmail.oaklandtechnologies.com.au was skipped due to unreachable http://webmail.oaklandtechnologies.com.au/.well-known/acme-challenge/ file.
No domains pointing to this server to generate the certificate for.

Error during automated certificate renewal for habnai.com
2022-01-14 00:24

mail.habnai.com was skipped due to unreachable http://mail.habnai.com/.well-known/acme-challenge/ file. webmail.habnai.com was skipped due to unreachable http://webmail.habnai.com/.well-known/acme-challenge/ file.

Error during automated certificate renewal for crayolex.com
2022-01-12 00:21

mail.crayolex.com was skipped due to unreachable http://mail.crayolex.com/.well-known/acme-challenge/ file.webmail.crayolex.com was skipped due to unreachable http://webmail.crayolex.com/.well-known/acme-challenge/ file.

Comments

• @jar captain

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

Those domains don't resolve to any IP for me. Check your domain provider or DNS provider and make sure the records are in place if you need SSL for those domains, otherwise ignore it.

• @MikeA said:
    Those domains don't resolve to any IP for me. Check your domain provider or DNS provider and make sure the records are in place if you need SSL for those domains, otherwise ignore it.

As I commented in my post:
    "None of these random domains are mine"

• I just recently purchased an account on mxroute. To me this is scary, do people receive other peoples information often? I guess it's semi ok since you said it's in panel. I just hope it is not the same for emails.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@Weblogics said:

@MikeA said:

As I commented in my post:
    "None of these random domains are mine"

Oh sorry, I am blind, that is something...

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited January 2022

@iNanja said:
    I just recently purchased an account on mxroute. To me this is scary, do people receive other peoples information often? I guess it's semi ok since you said it's in panel. I just hope it is not the same for emails.

You can use search engines to find out who has the same MX records as you, and go create a dreamhost account and log in via SSH then run "cat /etc/passw d" if you'd like another example of how shared infra can appear concerning. When you're on a shared server it's not that weird to be able to find out who you share a server with. I get that it can seem concerning but it's more of a gut reaction than a serious issue. It's not a non-issue but it's more of an annoyance than anything else.

I don't know why DirectAdmin is sending LE alerts to every user. I opened a ticket but it didn't get anywhere. It's only LetsEncrypt alerts. I'll probably end up killing the message system altogether and generating more complaints for doing it. This whole thing should be a ticket. Hours spent upgrading infra to deal with new demand and a fever so bad I can barely stand up straight. One week in on COVID and I can't catch a break, I greatly appreciate any break <3

Edit: Should be cleared now.

• @jar said:
    fever so bad I can barely stand up straight. One week in on COVID and I can't catch a break

COVID is a bitch it hit me hard for a week last month and has lingered for another 3 weeks, lost taste and smell, then got an abscessed tooth - root canal .. its been 5 weeks of shit for me, just starting to feel better.

It will get better .. get your rest

Thanked by 1jar
  • ArkasArkas Moderator

@jar said: One week in on COVID and I can't catch a break, I greatly appreciate any break

Take as much time as you need, your health is the most important asset.

Thanked by 2jar yoursunny
  • @jar said: I don't know why DirectAdmin is sending LE alerts to every user.

You're using DirectAdmin for your infra? I thought you did that from scratch.

• vedranvedran Veteran
    edited January 2022

@jar said:
    One week in on COVID and I can't catch a break, I greatly appreciate any break <3

Not allowed, you need to fix this immediately, I'm losing millions every minute. If you need to die you can do it later.

• bdlbdl Member
    edited January 2022

@jar said:
    ...One week in on COVID and I can't catch a break, I greatly appreciate any break <3

get well soon

• @acidpuke said: then got an abscessed tooth - root canal

Even that related to covid?

• @Boogeyman said:

@jar said: I don't know why DirectAdmin is sending LE alerts to every user.

You're using DirectAdmin for your infra? I thought you did that from scratch.

That they use DA as their control panel is pretty well-known to anyone with an MXroute account. (Older accounts used to have cPanel as the control panel, but @jar has been migrating older accounts to DA over the past couple of years.)

• AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited January 2022

LMFTFY

@Arkas said: your health vaccination is the most important asset.

• @LTniger said:

@acidpuke said: then got an abscessed tooth - root canal

Even that related to covid?

Hard to say but I don't think so .. probably just a coincidence .. timing of it was suck though

• This bug is bummer then on DA as I was planning on using it for our next email hosting.
    Any feedback from DA regarding this issue? @DA_Mark