Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need to find the cheapest possible Storage Solution
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need to find the cheapest possible Storage Solution

hzhoangleehzhoanglee Member
edited January 2022 in Requests

Hi, Hope you all have a wonderful New Year.
I'm currently finding a solution to store 400GB of Videos and Documents online(mainly Math and English tutorial videos recorded by my friends) and I need it to be as cheap as possible (not go beyond 2$/month, can go to 3$). I'm looking for cheap object-storage or cheap NAT VPS.
Do you have any idea or solution for this use case?
Many thanks.

Comments

• skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2022

Youtube

As for S3 type storage go with scaleaway (cheap+realible)

And with your budget, it's going to be hard af (if you just want to archive them, then go with AWS deep glacure @ 1$/TB of storage, but high retrieval costs.)

• If you not need to streaming video, you can use onedrive family. In vietnam, it cost me about 15$/year for 1TB

• @dev077 said:
    If you not need to streaming video, you can use onedrive family. In vietnam, it cost me about 15$/year for 1TB

I have 4 years free of OneDrive. I'm currently living in HaNoi and OneDrive speed is totally a nightmare.
    Moreover, I want to host them on somewhere I can add it to my website (like S3 or HTTP Server).

• bshbsh Member
    edited January 2022

@hzhoanglee said:
    400GB of Videos and Documents online
    2$/month, can go to 3$

• @skorupion said:
    Youtube

As for S3 type storage go with scaleaway (cheap+realible)

And with your budget, it's going to be hard af (if you just want to archive them, then go with AWS deep glacure @ 1$/TB of storage, but high retrieval costs.)

Thanks for your advice. For 75GB free storage, I think Scaleway may suit my need.

• mhnmhn Member

Yandex Disk - 13 eur/y for 1TB
    Keybase.io offers 250GB for free, you can also host static websites on it.

• @bsh said:

@hzhoanglee said:
    2$/month, can go to 3$

Maybe possible. Found one shared hosting provider with unlimited storage and bandwidth. After applying coupon, there will be 10$ for the first year or 63 for 3 years recurring.

• skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep

@hzhoanglee said:

@bsh said:

@hzhoanglee said:
    2$/month, can go to 3$

Maybe possible. Found one shared hosting provider with unlimited storage and bandwidth. After applying coupon, there will be 10$ for the first year or 63 for 3 years recurring.

DO NOT. These have strict storage policies, and they won't hesitate to ban you.

• @skorupion said:

@hzhoanglee said:

@bsh said:

@hzhoanglee said:
    2$/month, can go to 3$

DO NOT. These have strict storage policies, and they won't hesitate to ban you.

Yes, that's the reason why I'm looking for other solutions. But it doesn't mean impossible.

• AlphaVPS Storage offers
    KS-1
    Polar Bear Storage Offer
    CrownCloud
    HostHatch (maybe you are too late.)

Are your cheapest option here on Let. Also check https://lowendstorage.win

Thanked by 1SpeedBus
  • @hzhoanglee said:
    I'm currently finding a solution to store 400GB of Videos and Documents online(mainly Math and English tutorial videos recorded by my friends) and I need it to be as cheap as possible (not go beyond 2$/month, can go to 3$). I'm looking for cheap object-storage or cheap NAT VPS.
    Many thanks.

For that price, you should self host at home. It'll be a lot cheaper than $3 a month.
    Be realistic with your request. :)

• @DanSummer said:

@hzhoanglee said:
    Many thanks.

For that price, you should self host at home. It'll be a lot cheaper than $3 a month.

Currently having some servers at home which can expose to the Internet, but it may affect my Internet connection, so I want to find an online provider.

• upgrade your home internet then.

• Yandex Disk 1TB is 209 ₽/month (USD$2,69) if you pay for whole year.
    Additionally you get unlimited photo&video backup from your phone.

• @DanSummer said:

@hzhoanglee said:
    Many thanks.

Selfhosting is more expensive.
    Just calculate energy alone, then disks, then backups, additional hardware, your time.
    In cloud you pay like $2,69 for 1TB/mo (In offer I posted above) and your data is replicated on several servers, you dont need to carry about failing RAID/disks, you don't need to setup or update anything.

• @AXYZE said:
    Yandex Disk 1TB is 209 ₽/month (USD$2,69) if you pay for whole year.

Where are you seeing such an offer?

• @lala_th said:

@AXYZE said:

Where are you seeing such an offer?

https://disk.yandex.com/tuning?from=disk_buybtn
    You must be logged in to see.

Thanked by 1lala_th
  • emperoremperor Member
    edited January 2022

If you are not from Russia its 8.3$ (yearly) otherwise 10$. Such a huge diff.

You can check https://mail360.yandex.com/?from=yandexid idk why its so cheap this. Maybe its mail only.

• @AXYZE said: You must be logged in to see.

Not having a publicly accessible price list is a no-go for me - do I really want to go through the trouble of registering just to see their price list (of the day)? Prices are then potentially region specific (if not even user specific).

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@hzhoanglee said:

@DanSummer said:

Currently having some servers at home which can expose to the Internet, but it may affect my Internet connection, so I want to find an online provider.

Self-host at home, but deliver the video with a global caching network.
    When multiple viewers are watching the same content, it's uploaded from your home connection only once.

I have the app for that:

https://github.com/yoursunny/NDNts-video
    https://github.com/yoursunny/NDNts-video-server

Thanked by 1Void
  • AXYZEAXYZE Member
    edited January 2022

@emperor said:

If you are not from Russia its 8.3$ (yearly) otherwise 10$. Such a huge diff.

What do you mean "If you are not from Russia its 8.3$ (yearly) otherwise 10$"? 8.3$ for whole year? Or per month?
    Well, I'm not from Russia. I'm on international .com page, thats the pricing I'm getting.

On yandex.ru / mail360 page pricing is even lower

I click it and I can pay.

Edit: This pricing is just crazy on .ru site
    467RUB (USD$6) monthly for 10TB if you go with year plan wtf

• emperoremperor Member
    edited January 2022

@AXYZE said:

@emperor said:

• mhnmhn Member

To get 94rub/month offer create a new account, wait 10 minutes and go here: https://mail360.yandex.ru/?from=yandex360

If your card gets declined open yoomoney account and top up. once you have balance in your yoomoney account, use the balance to purchase the yandex upgrade.

Thanked by 1AXYZE
  • SelykgSelykg Member
    edited January 2022

100gb at rsync.net is $18/yr if you use their Borg plan. It’s what I use for backups. You can crank up what you want from there. 400gb is $72/yr. $6/mo.

• rsync.net is now offering a lifetime promotion:

1TB for $540 (borg plan rates), you pay for 3 years ($0.015 * 10000 * 36) and they offer you 1TB for life.

• 1fichier