Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Digital Ocean = Criminal Ocean ?!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Digital Ocean = Criminal Ocean ?!

Anyone could have thought as I'd do think, that Digital Ocean is Criminal Ocean? They really create oceans for many criminal activities.

Comments

• Thank you for your purchase we have doubled your criminal activities.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

Yes, they are very busy growing, no time to deal with abuse.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

lol

What a tool.

• which criminal activity in specific ?

• bshbsh Member

@wr3ck said:
    which criminal activity in specific ?

cyber criminal, eg. scan port and brute-force attacks

Thanked by 1chihcherng
  • ploxhostploxhost Member, Patron Provider

@bsh said:

@wr3ck said:
    which criminal activity in specific ?

cyber criminal, eg. scan port and brute-force attacks

Every decently sized provider has these issues. And to be fair it probably isn’t digital ocean’s first priority.

Thanked by 1Arkas
  • ArkasArkas Moderator

@bsh said: Anyone could have thought as I'd do think, that Digital Ocean is Criminal Ocean? They really create oceans for many criminal activities.

Proof of this?

• georgedatacentergeorgedatacenter Member, Patron Provider

@Arkas said:

@bsh said: Anyone could have thought as I'd do think, that Digital Ocean is Criminal Ocean? They really create oceans for many criminal activities.

Proof of this?

If you simply review the fraud and attack emails, you will see the origin of the IPS, several of them are from digital ocean.

Thanked by 2Ganonk bsh
  • ArkasArkas Moderator

@georgedatacenter said: If you simply review the fraud and attack emails, you will see the origin of the IPS, several of them are from digital ocean.

On mine, it's usually Russian ISPs that do the port scanning and some attacks.

• Digital Ocean IP ranges from different regions are number one ABUSERS in all my server monitors. Many scrapper bots and cheap synflood activities arising from them.

Thanked by 2bsh JasonM
  • @bsh said:
    Anyone could have thought as I'd do think, that Digital Ocean is Criminal Ocean? They really create oceans for many criminal activities.

Translation: hey skiddies lurking LET for cheap servers, digital ocean is a safe haven for y'all.

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep

@mehargags said:
    Digital Ocean IP ranges from different regions are number one ABUSERS in all my server monitors. Many scrapper bots and cheap synflood activities arising from them.

ye they give away so many credits, that it costs nothing to run a bot attack on their servers

• Pre-ban all DO ip's on a production machine is default action with firewall installation. Also contabo is not the best in terms of abuse control.

Thanked by 2bsh AlwaysSkint
  • @Arkas said:

Proof of this?

A case in point. I detected 2380 IP addresses from Digital Ocean doing port scans on Jan 21.

Thanked by 1bsh
  • This one simple command stops all the criminals from pissing in your ocean, fraud ISP's hate it:
    ip r a bla 0.0.0.0/0

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@CheepCluck said:
    This one simple command stops all the criminals from pissing in your ocean, fraud ISP's hate it:
    ip r a bla 0.0.0.0/0

Are you sure? Some might live in the 21st century.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Nyr said:
    Yes, they are very busy growing, no time to deal with abuse.

I received a personal email from the abuse team asking me for logs to help them identify spammers. There's a good difference between meeting every random stranger's expectations and doing nothing.

Thanked by 1Erisa
  • bshbsh Member

@chihcherng said:

@Arkas said:

Proof of this?

A case in point. I detected 2380 IP addresses from Digital Ocean doing port scans on Jan 21.

Could you share your Daily Zombie Lists on github ?

• @Maounique said: Are you sure? Some might live in the 21st century.

Its never too late to reform!
    no ip bgp

• if you have any evidence of a crime, please call the police immediately rather than discuss in LET.

• @louiejordan said:
    if you have any evidence of a crime, please call the police immediately rather than discuss in LET.

Did you try to call the police in person and report the scanning of your server's ports? What was their answer? Do they send someone from the cyber police?

Thanked by 3bsh lanefu HumanMale
  • @louiejordan said:
    if you have any evidence of a crime, please call the police immediately rather than discuss in LET.

We all know that the first and only step is open a thread on LET.

Thanked by 2Kassem KermEd
  • @bsh said:

@chihcherng said:

@Arkas said:

Proof of this?

Could you share your Daily Zombie Lists on github ?

Why? Can't you download them from the current URLs?

• i would say this is part of the problem: https://spys.one/proxy-asn/

if you allow proxies and tor exit nodes you cant pretend to care about whats happening on your network.

Thanked by 1bsh
  • @CheepCluck said:
    This one simple command stops all the criminals from pissing in your ocean, fraud ISP's hate it:
    ip r a bla 0.0.0.0/0

what makes this command?

• bkjbkj Member

No one is mentioning Vultr.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited January 2022

@bkj said: No one is mentioning Vultr.

OVH, online.net, basically all big and cheap providers, even the more expensive ones can be scammed with carding and whatnot.
    At this time I can register with fake data to almost anyone, when I use the real identity, even company, I get far more rejections.

• @Durs said:

@CheepCluck said:
    ip r a bla 0.0.0.0/0

what makes this command?

Well you see when a bird and a bee get all frisky. Dont frisky if you aint risky.

• @bkj said:
    No one is mentioning Vultr.

Check the above link (https://spys.one/proxy-asn/), you see all the big names

• Issue with DO is that they got too many clueless developers(talking about the client base). The abusers aren't actually DO clients, is just 0wn3d boxes.

Thanked by 3xms pbx Maounique