Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Credit is only worth £0.30?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ElandMuskElandMusk Member
edited January 2022 in Reviews

€14 a year for VPS
suddenly became £14
After contacting customer service, the reply: €14 changed to £12
The current real-time exchange rate is:€1=£0.84 ,So €14 =£11.70

Comments

• @ElandMusk said:
    €14 a year for VPS
    suddenly became £14

too expensive --- no good.

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2022

"Real time exchange rate" wherever you got it from doesn't matter.

The provider might be using the exchange rates set by their local government (e.g. HMRC's rate), or set by their payment provider. Or they've chosen a nice round number approximately close. At the end of the day by your calculations, it's £0.30 per year. You probably wasted more than £0.30 of your time thinking about it.

If you don't like what they've done, you can always vote with your wallet and go somewhere else.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@ehab said:

@ElandMusk said:
    €14 a year for VPS
    suddenly became £14

too expensive --- no good.

Thanked by 2ehab FrankZ
  • @Neoon said:

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • ElandMuskElandMusk Member
    edited January 2022

@jackb said:
    "Real time exchange rate" wherever you got it from doesn't matter.

The provider might be using the exchange rates set by their local government (e.g. HMRC's rate), or set by their payment provider. Or they've chosen a nice round number approximately close. At the end of the day by your calculations, it's £0.30 per year. You probably wasted more than £0.30 of your time thinking about it.

If you don't like what they've done, you can always vote with your wallet and go somewhere else.

The crux of the matter is not £0.30
    Maybe in the future more merchants will use currency exchange to increase the agreed price
    If customers have questions or objections, they will all be answered: you can always vote with your wallet and go somewhere else.

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep

@ElandMusk said:
    The crux of the matter is not £0.3

It is though.

Maybe in the future more merchants will use currency exchange to increase the agreed price
    If customers have questions or objections, they will all be answered: please refund and get out!

It's not abnormal if you're charged in another currency than the standard offer - for it to be updated in line with the exchange rates applicable to the provider. This isn't the same one you see on Google.

And yes, if you're not happy with your provider and talking to them about your issue doesn't get you happy, the correct way to resolve that is indeed to vote with your wallet and leave.

• PhantomPainPhantomPain Member
    edited January 2022

Why not snip a screenshot of your real time rate to the support ticket if you really care
    They will probably cut the £ 0.30 to make you happy

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

€14 a year for VPS
    suddenly became 0.00044BTC
    After contacting customer service, the reply: €14 changed to 0.00042BTC
    The current real-time exchange rate is:€1=0.000029BTC ,So €14 =0.00041BTC
    Credit is only worth 0.00001BTC?

Thanked by 1dystopia
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

@ElandMusk said:

Sadly for you, it is.

30 cents got you open this thread, but it's okay. I've seen a kid going absolutely PMS for 7 cents before on LET.

• @WebHorizon I konw this.Could you make some explanations for your brand CloudFive?I also noticed that my renewal fee turned to 14GBP from 14EUR.

• @deank said:

@ElandMusk said:

Sadly for you, it is.

30 cents got you open this thread, but it's okay. I've seen a kid going absolutely PMS for 7 cents before on LET.

I'm losing millions for that 30 cents!!!!!

• AbdAbd Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2022

@Franzkafka said:
    @WebHorizon I konw this.Could you make some explanations for your brand CloudFive?I also noticed that my renewal fee turned to 14GBP from 14EUR.

We will send out a detailed email regarding it once all accounts are adjusted properly.
    This takes effect next billing (2023).

• FranzkafkaFranzkafka Member
    edited January 2022

@WebHorizon said:

@Franzkafka said:
    @WebHorizon I konw this.Could you make some explanations for your brand CloudFive?I also noticed that my renewal fee turned to 14GBP from 14EUR.

We will send out a detailed email regarding it once all accounts are adjusted properly.

It's not a big deal for me.I have totally accepted this change.After all your service deserves it.But hope you can make a complete announcement before you changing the renewal fee.Or some customers may have complaints for that.

Thanked by 1Abd
  • AbdAbd Member, Patron Provider

@Franzkafka said:

@WebHorizon said:

@Franzkafka said:

It's no a big deal for me.I have totally accepted this change.After all your service deserves it.But hope you can make a complete announcement before you changing the renewal fee.Or some customers may have complaints for that.

Yes you're correct. should have sent announcement prior to avoid tickets, though the actual change will only take effect next year in 2023. :)

for anyone else reading, Cloud Five is now registered in the UK & billing is being switched to pounds. We are still in middle of process modifying all services.
    You can open a ticket if your service is not adjusted yet.

• if you took this thread seriously, you're an idiot

• f.ck man you could have bought a car with that :/ .. it's time to sue

Thanked by 1dystopia
  • afnafn Member

@ElandMusk said: Maybe in the future more merchants will use currency exchange to increase the agreed price

Dude, it's an obvious 0.30£ coming from currency price fluctuations or whatever,** per year**. People here are complaining about Hetzner increasing the price 10euros per month! This is definitely not the right day to complain about the less than 1 cup of coffee price per year.

• M66BM66B Veteran

@deank said:

@ElandMusk said:

Sadly for you, it is.

There is no end to PMS ;-)