Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Request for a game-capable server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Request for a game-capable server

Ed_ChdEd_Chd Member
edited January 2022 in Requests

Hello! For some private reasons, I need a server capable of running modded Minecraft 1.18.1 (FabricMC). I cannot use off-the-shelf gaming server products since the Minecraft server should never have its ports exposed to clearnet, but thanks to advancements in dark web and virtual mesh networking, hosting and playing one inside with relatively low (sometimes extremely low) latency is now possible. The server is dedicated to anonymize origins of each player as hard as possible, while providing as much comfort as possible.

VZ Type: KVM (or any other full virtualization) (no partial virtualization, e.g. OpenVZ)
Core count: At least 2. Dedicated cores are much preferred.
RAM: At least 3072MB
Disk Space: At least 15 GB
Disk Type: SSD / NVMe
Bandwidth: At least 1TB per month
Port Speed: At least 100Mbps
DDoS Protection: It doesn't matter
Number of IPs: 1 IPv4. IPv4 & IPv6 is better.
Location: West Europe, Northern Europe, Central Europe, Japan, Canada or in United States.
Budget: 9 USD/monthly (can also pay in EUR and RUB)
Billing period: Monthly, quarterly, semi-annually
Extra requirements:
· Full VPS access (SSH, root, etc).
· Allow participation in P2P traffic (essential for mesh networking, and not used in either BitTorrent or Tor).
· (optional) Allow manual system installation via VNC.

Comments

• @MikeA has gaming vps if my memory is correct.

Let's see if other providers have something to offer :)

• Ed_ChdEd_Chd Member
    edited January 2022

@swat4 said:
    @MikeA has gaming vps if my memory is correct.

Let's see if other providers have something to offer :)

They do have either standalone VPS plans and stock Minecraft server plans, but they're either relatively expensive or unable to configure mesh networking (SSH and root are both required). Thanks for the recommendation though. I'll give further look.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

My VPS plans in North America and Europe locations all run 8c/16t or 12c/24t Ryzen CPUs, no restriction past the allocated resources. All run NVMe SSDs. Manual install with your own ISO, just open ticket, or use Netboot ISO available on every system to do a net install easily without providing your own full ISO.

• GhtGht Member

I would recommend deinserverhost.de

€4.50 EUR
    3GB RAM
    Unlimited Slots
    https://deinserverhost.de/en/minecraft-server-hosting
    Fully DDoS Protected.

• @Ght said:
    I would recommend deinserverhost.de

€4.50 EUR
    3GB RAM
    Unlimited Slots
    https://deinserverhost.de/en/minecraft-server-hosting
    Fully DDoS Protected.

Their hardware is promising, but I cannot configure mesh on them for only having FTP and server console.

• FlorinMarianFlorinMarian Member, Host Rep

We have OVH game servers in Germany and France.
    You can check both Budget and standard VPS packages on https://www.hazi.ro
    Best regards, Florin.

Thanked by 1Ed_Chd
  • RapToNRapToN Member, Host Rep

The Dedi VPS from us are working great for Gameserver. My Minecraft Hexxit 2 Server is also hosted and running fine on one of them.

https://kts24.com/vps

Ryzen VPS got a better cpu, but the Cores are not dedicated, so I would only use them if you need a lot of single core Performance (I currently use one of them for my Satisfactory server)

Thanked by 1Ed_Chd
  • pikepike Veteran
    edited January 2022

If you can wait a bit get the next php-friends special. They usually do something like 2 dedicated cores with ~10gb ram for 4-5€/m (with 3-12 months commitment recently).

Edit: might have to contact them about the p2p/tor traffic, since that might trigger their firewall

• mhnmhn Member

https://www.webtropia.com/vserver/vserver-linux-mieten.html

Personally used and they don't have a problem in blasting CPU 24/7 on vServers. Mine had around 750-800 GB5 per core. Not sure if they allow participation in P2P traffic or VNC.

• Hmm any more details on how to run Minecraft over tor it's a interesting concept

• @jugganuts said:
    Hmm any more details on how to run Minecraft over tor it's a interesting concept

No, it's not Tor, but other dark web and meshnet.

• @RapToN said:
    The Dedi VPS from us are working great for Gameserver. My Minecraft Hexxit 2 Server is also hosted and running fine on one of them.

Ryzen VPS got a better cpu, but the Cores are not dedicated, so I would only use them if you need a lot of single core Performance (I currently use one of them for my Satisfactory server)

My friend's using Dedi VPS from them currently, but with modded Fabric (even with optimization mods), the server runs poorly, so I took up the job looking for and setting up an alternative. I configured the networking though.

• @Ed_Chd said:

@jugganuts said:
    Hmm any more details on how to run Minecraft over tor it's a interesting concept

I2p?

• @jugganuts said:

@Ed_Chd said:

@jugganuts said:

I2p?

Both Tor and I2P have latencies over 600 milliseconds, the latter well over 1200ms, rendering Minecraft pretty unplayable. So no, none of the two suffices.

• NFOServers sounds like a good fit for this
    $9.99/m though, so 99 cents over budget

• I run minecraft on one of those always free oracle servers for almost a month now, no problems. The always free servers meet your requirements.

I used this guide to set it up

https://blogs.oracle.com/developers/post/how-to-set-up-and-run-a-really-powerful-free-minecraft-server-in-the-cloud

Thanked by 3bruh21 snz Ed_Chd
  • Why do I feel like you are fishing for children or something with this hmm

• @KermEd said:
    Why do I feel like you are fishing for children or something with this hmm

If that was directed at me?

I don't understand, my intention for sharing that was not to go after children... That is not my taste....

I was just trying to share a free way to run a Minecraft server, no scams, gimmicks, or bad intentions.

• KermEdKermEd Member
    edited January 2022

@iNanja said:

@KermEd said:

I don't understand, my intention for sharing that was not to go after children... That is not my taste....

I was just trying to share a free way to run a Minecraft server, no scams, gimmicks, or bad intentions.

Not at all, I'm questioning the intent of the OP :)

Like - practically speaking - what is the most common reason someone would want to run a popular children's game in an difficult to track underground environment?

Thanked by 1bulbasaur
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@Ed_Chd said:

@jugganuts said:
    I2p?

Both Tor and I2P have latencies over 600 milliseconds, the latter well over 1200ms, rendering Minecraft pretty unplayable. So no, none of the two suffices.

My collaborator got Minecraft working over Named Data Networking.
    Distributing the Game State of Online Games: Towards an NDN Version of Minecraft

• AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider

We do have some Ryzen VDS specials, but the minimum plan is 2 x 5950X dedicated vCores / 8GB DDR4 Memory / 120GB NVMe SSD for $12/month.

Thanked by 1Ed_Chd
  • on oracle blogs itself so is it like they endorse it and wont result in breaking any rules?

• Ed_ChdEd_Chd Member
    edited January 2022

@KermEd said:

@iNanja said:

@KermEd said:

Not at all, I'm questioning the intent of the OP :)

Like - practically speaking - what is the most common reason someone would want to run a popular children's game in an difficult to track underground environment?

Yeah, privacy's for pedos. It's not for, like, protestors or activists, or a few players expressing opposing opinions in a suppressive regime. Also, it's like children can configure meshnet and low-latency dark web connection themselves on their side to just connect to the server.

Thanked by 2sgno1 o_be_one
  • @iNanja said:
    I run minecraft on one of those always free oracle servers for almost a month now, no problems. The always free servers meet your requirements.

I used this guide to set it up

https://blogs.oracle.com/developers/post/how-to-set-up-and-run-a-really-powerful-free-minecraft-server-in-the-cloud

Wow thanks! Looks somewhat promising.

• Hi,

We can supply this for £5 per a month, we use OVH Erith in London and only use their game series servers. So all our VPS come with DDoS protection game protecting UDP protocols also.

You can view our SSD VPS Hosting here.

• VitalyVitaly Member, Host Rep

Good day.

Virtualization KVM
    Channel (fair-share) 200 Mbit
    Number of Cores 2
    RAM 3072 Mb
    SSD storage capacity 15 GB
    ipv4+ipv6

Cost: 6 month 43.94 USD, 7.33 per month

5 locations, 7 datacenters
    https://lg.justhost.ru/

Thanked by 1bruh21
  • Ed_ChdEd_Chd Member
    edited January 2022

@starservices said:
    Hi,

We can supply this for £5 per a month, we use OVH Erith in London and only use their game series servers. So all our VPS come with DDoS protection game protecting UDP protocols also.

Are you okay with P2P participation and (sometimes) long-time full-load on all four CPU cores? If yes, I'll give it a try.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@Ed_Chd said:

@starservices said:
    Hi,

Are you okay with P2P participation and (sometimes) long-time full-load on all four CPU cores? If yes, I'll give it a try.

Are you okay with getting scammed by a long-time full-scammer on all counts?
    If yes, you can give it a try.
    https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3299134/#Comment_3299134

• @yoursunny said:

@Ed_Chd said:

@starservices said:
    Hi,

Are you okay with getting scammed by a long-time full-scammer on all counts?
    If yes, you can give it a try.
    https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3299134/#Comment_3299134

Well I didn't know that...

• @RapToN said:

I told them to try chugging CPU core count up for now. I'm still investigating, but still, please accept my thanks.