Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Delivery of a dedicated server - OVHCloud
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Delivery of a dedicated server - OVHCloud

Hi, what is the lead time for game series dedicated servers?
I'm waiting for more than a month, the contact with support consists of pouring and writing back "We are verifying the installation time.".

Comments

• bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

Usually it is supposed to be very fast so it’s likely they don’t actually have it right now and are waiting

• mati03250mati03250 Member
    edited January 2022

The puzzling thing is that they have a Rise-GAME-2 offering, which in the specs differs only in link (500Mbps), from my order (1 Gbps), and the delivery time indicates 72 hours.

• never trust OVH.

• I appear to be in the same boat as you; I purchase a SYS server on December 4th and the OVH buy button was "10 Days" and not the 120 seconds. I thought I can wait thats no problem (it was the blsck friday sale). Fast forward and its now January 20th and im still waiting. I've opened 2 support tickets: Number 1: Just keep waiting, Number 2: our order system has you in line, we don't what what position you are in line, but you are in line, GG and keep waiting...

All that being said when dealing with OVH i kinda expect this stuff, for the price point and knowing i probably wont need to contact them after i finally do receive it I know its still worth it to me.

The only downside has been having to renew a month to month server im waiting to transfer away from.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited January 2022

@network33 said:
    never trust OVH the french.

Thanked by 1jordynegen11
  • bacloudbacloud Member, Patron Provider

The market is crazy, everyone buys everything at any cost. The issue is to get hardware and parts, whole servers. For some servers, we are waiting almost 8 months without known delivery date. Also ordering hardware with a known delivery date, but it is late 1 or 2 weeks, sometimes more. So no surprise, that you are waiting for that long.

• jordynegen11jordynegen11 Member
    edited January 2022

@mati03250 said:
    Hi, what is the lead time for game series dedicated servers?
    I'm waiting for more than a month, the contact with support consists of pouring and writing back "We are verifying the installation time.".

Looks like most/all GAME servers are in stock with 120s delivery. TIP: call the support. Standard support at OVH is useless, especially by ticket.

Once you order something that is not on 120s delivery, in some cases it can take some time and nobody at OVH can tell you why or give you an eta.

• I'm in the same boat, from the sounds of it we ordered the same server. I think the way it works is they allocate a certain amount of servers for the deal, lets say 1000, then they don't bother to put any limits in place to stop 2000 orders because there is an assumption not everyone will end up keeping the server. Anyone not in the original 1000 orders then has to wait and hope that a server becomes available, or cancel their order. In the mean time OVH gets to keep ~£70,000 interest free in their bank accounts. I have no idea what the actual numbers are though.

• @analog said: I appear to be in the same boat as you; I purchase a SYS server on December 4th and the OVH buy button was "10 Days" and not the 120 seconds.

Admittedly, I flow in OVHCloud and you flow in SYS, but we have the same thing.

@bacloud said: The market is crazy, everyone buys everything at any cost. The issue is to get hardware and parts, whole servers. For some servers, we are waiting almost 8 months without known delivery date. Also ordering hardware with a known delivery date, but it is late 1 or 2 weeks, sometimes more. So no surprise, that you are waiting for that long.

I am able to understand if they would suspend sales or significantly increase delivery times when ordering on their forms, currently they are just misleading customers.

@jordynegen11 said: Standard support at OVH is useless, especially by ticket.

Perhaps, I haven't had the opportunity to use a level of support other than Standard - I don't have the income to afford it.

• @analog said:
    The only downside has been having to renew a month to month server im waiting to transfer away from.

Did ovh charging you for the server that isnt
    Delevired yet ?

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited January 2022

@permatahost said: Did ovh charging you for the server that isnt
    Delevired yet ?

They don't do that. For all their problems, OVH is still an EU company and has to obey the law.

• I just received the server, amazing thing.
    I really hope that the situation will improve day by day, hour by hour in this regard.

• FlorinMarianFlorinMarian Member, Host Rep

@mati03250 said:
    I just received the server, amazing thing.
    I really hope that the situation will improve day by day, hour by hour in this regard.

Congrats, hope everything is fine with your server.
    Can you post YABS output and server model, please?
    Thank you!

• @Maounique said:

@permatahost said: Did ovh charging you for the server that isnt
    Delevired yet ?

They don't do that. For all their problems, OVH is still an EU company and has to obey the law.

They charged me. £70.80 came out of my PayPal immediately and I’ve been waiting 55 days so far for server delivery

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

What i meant is that you wont pay for the time since then, the month (or whatever period you have paid for) will start the moment the server will be delivered. In short, the waiting time is not counted towards the lease time.

Thanked by 1Kode
  • @Maounique said:
    What i meant is that you wont pay for the time since then, the month (or whatever period you have paid for) will start the moment the server will be delivered. In short, the waiting time is not counted towards the lease time.

Ahh, that makes more sense