Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which CDN service good for APAC and China?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Which CDN service good for APAC and China?

comXyzcomXyz Member
edited January 2022 in General

Hello,

Recently Cloudflare has been very slow for users from APAC and China, so I'm looking for a new CDN service that is good for APAC and China.

Please recommend.

Thanks.

Comments

• Cloudflare has been slow down and randomly block by China national firewall (GFW), not the route issue.

• Choose alibaba or any CCP-based companys at your own risk.
    U.S. examining Alibaba's cloud unit for national security risks

• @comXyz said:
    Hello,

Recently Cloudflare has been very slow for users from APAC and China, so I'm looking for a new CDN service that is good for APAC and China.

Please recommend.

Thanks.

Good quality comes at a price. Are you looking for free/paid CDNs?

AFAIK Cloudflare have CDN services in China with JD/Baidu, so that should help.

• @nanankcornering said: Cloudflare has CDN services in China with JD/Baidu

Affirmative, but any websites utilising that have to register themselves at CCP's departments first, promising no "illegal" contents contained, and giving out private key(to decrypt HTTPS), deposit (to punish the site owner for "harmful" contents), etc.

Interestingly, some MJJs in China prefer overseas services, while some LET-ers are recommending CCP-based services.

Thanked by 2Logano lentro
  • We had a trial with ChinaCache, it was fine overall, but their connectivity towards Europe was far from perfect. If the source is hosted somewhere in Asia, should be fine.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @nanankcornering said: Good quality comes at a price. Are you looking for free/paid CDNs?

I'm looking for a paid CDN that is good for APAC and China, but not too expensive. I'm paying Cloudflare $200/month.

• jasonmightyjasonmighty Member
    edited January 2022

You can try some small CDN provider which has their own route nearby CN, such as Japan/Singapore, Hongkong. GIGSGIGSCLOUD.COM im not sure if they still provide CDN or not or the performance is good or bad.

Or you can build your own CDN using nginx reverse proxy, hosted in multiple SGP JP TW HK nodes. If you need advice in route within asia i can give a little help.

In general, you have to look for HGC/PCCW in HK, SINGTEL/PCCW in SGP. SOFTBANK in japan, CN1 in South Korea. and all locations with CN2 has the best performance.

Thanked by 3comXyz abtdw lentro
  • @nanankcornering said:

@comXyz said:
    Hello,

Please recommend.

Thanks.

Good quality comes at a price. Are you looking for free/paid CDNs?

AFAIK Cloudflare have CDN services in China with JD/Baidu, so that should help.

Cloudflare China Network costs thousands$/mo of dollars in Enterprise plan. Exact pricing depends on your site and negotiation because they customize pricing, but were speaking like $3000-$5000 starting point. And you need to have ICP license on top of that.

Thanked by 1lentro
  • quantil have plenty pop in china
    but i don't know about quality, price, etc

• Buy Alibaba Cloud lightweight server. Deploy can by yourself. Select HK location. IP from Chinese users will take this route.

• lentrolentro Member, Host Rep

@AXYZE said: thousands$/mo

Can confirm, here was the last quote I was copied in:

Please note, our China Network is an Enterprise-only feature. In terms of price - our Enterprise plan typically starts between $4000 to $5000 per month on an annual contract, depending on additional products and usage. As a prerequisite, you'll need to obtain an ICP license prior to utilizing China CDN.

So basically you'll need to spend $50k/yr on CDN alone, then additional based on actual usage and features selected. Not very suitable for the LET audicence but very much suitable for a larger company who needs a fast website in China and whose sales are 50k/day alone :joy:

Thanked by 1AXYZE