Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedi (strongly preferred) or KVM in Ireland
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedi (strongly preferred) or KVM in Ireland

Can anyone recommend a dedicated server provider in Ireland? Not looking to colo and don't need a ton of resources - could even live with an Atom or even a RPi. If it was a moderately decent server then budget is ~50EUR per month, but low-end is preferred. Must be in a legit DC with a decent provider who cares about their IP ranges. Failing that, a quality KVM would do.

Comments

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate
    edited January 2022

AWS Lightsail in Ireland region.

If the client is a witch, try not to let her realize A stands for Amazon.

Thanked by 2craigb AlwaysSkint
  • @yoursunny said: AWS Lightsail in Ireland region.

Yeah, AWS Ireland is the backup to the backup. Used them for a long time, just very poor performance for the dosh and more network sharing than I'd prefer.

• @yoursunny said: If the client is a witch

Lol, now that is a funny thread I had not seen - thanks! The geo requirement is around payments integration testing.

• You can try Oneprovider, they have Dublin location on their 3$/m onecloud. Also they have dedicated but they are out of your budget

Thanked by 1craigb
  • I had been searching for a VPS based in Ireland for a while and came across https://www.mvps.net/ who have servers based in the BT Ireland DC. There prices are pretty good the only downside is that you only have 100mb connection but I have been hosting a good few wordpress sites and not run into any issues.

I have been with them now for about 2 months and not had any downtime and I have opened a few tickets and they have all been replied to in less than 30 mins.

Thanked by 2craigb fredo1664
  • @ollietrex said:
    I had been searching for a VPS based in Ireland for a while and came across https://www.mvps.net/ who have servers based in the BT Ireland DC. There prices are pretty good the only downside is that you only have 100mb connection but I have been hosting a good few wordpress sites and not run into any issues.

I have been with them now for about 2 months and not had any downtime and I have opened a few tickets and they have all been replied to in less than 30 mins.

Just tried to ping their test IP from where I live in Ballyshithole, as far as can be from Dublin, and I get a consistent 11ms, which is the best I've seen in Ireland. Interesting, thanks for posting!

• AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited January 2022

@fredo1664 said: ..I live in Ballyshithole..

LOL
    Put a Cork in it. :p