Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will you use request cancellation end of billing period?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Will you use request cancellation end of billing period?

suutsuut Member
edited January 2022 in General

I find some Provider will cancel VPS immediately. Not cancelled at the end of billing period.

Mail display:

The service will be cancelled at the end of your current billing period on 2022-02-01.

Comments

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2022

Are you sure the drop down box choice didn't revert to immediate when you submitted it? I had an issue with some people not choosing the right option, maybe due to browser addon or something.

• suutsuut Member
    edited January 2022

@MikeA said:
    Are you sure the drop down box choice didn't revert to immediate when you submitted it? I had an issue with some people not choosing the right option, maybe due to browser addon or something.

Sure.

The service will be cancelled at the end of your current billing period on 2022-02-01. For services or products with minimum contractual periods, with differing billing and contractual periods (e.g. billing each quarter, but contractual period of one year with three months' notice) or other obligations (special discounts, special conditions etc.) a manual review will be performed. In this sense this message just confirms that we have received your cancellation request.

• Yes, I always cancell by the end of billing period, unless there is no option to it, you can always open a ticket..

• lucienfclucienfc Member
    edited January 2022

You should ask the provider why your service is terminated. As you have paid for the service, given you are not asking for a refund, no breach of ToS, no request for immediate cancellation, then I don't see the solid reason for what they have done.

• suutsuut Member
    edited January 2022

@lucienfc said:
    You should ask the provider why your service is terminated. As you have paid for the service, given you are not asking for a refund, no breach of ToS, no request for immediate cancellation, then I don't see the solid reason for they have done.

No, I won't do it. I hope provider to check their whmcs.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@suut said:

@MikeA said:

Sure.

The service will be cancelled at the end of your current billing period on 2022-02-01. For services or products with minimum contractual periods, with differing billing and contractual periods (e.g. billing each quarter, but contractual period of one year with three months' notice) or other obligations (special discounts, special conditions etc.) a manual review will be performed. In this sense this message just confirms that we have received your cancellation request.

Sorry, misunderstood.

• I find that some providers cancel services well before end of billing period if you turn them off (shutdown) for a while. So remember to idle, not shutdown your VPS.