Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Support can be so much fun at times -- Helpdesk spammers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Support can be so much fun at times -- Helpdesk spammers

PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider
edited January 2022 in Providers

After requesting to stop gaming helpdesk and making so many tickets, user proceeds to create couple more tickets saying sorry for opening so many tickets while opening a new ticket.

Just a snippet from the tickets created and merged. Afaik WHMCS does not show the original tickets on that list if i recall correctly.

sigh

How often do you get people who try to game helpdesk by opening many tickets with same question and on different categories?

This person also tried to sudo on a shared server, and was demanding service which we do not provide nor advertise for (Plex). I guess people like this think we have no other customers who might need help, and best use of our time during sunday evening is merging tickets.

Or am i just being grumpy BOFH again lol?

-Aleksi

Thanked by 1dystopia
how about it?
  1. Is Aleksi from Pulsed Media just being a grumpy old BOFH?91 votes
    1. Yes
      21.98%
    2. No
      15.38%
    3. What's BOFH?
      37.36%
    4. Space Monkeys with friggin' Lazers man!
      25.27%

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited January 2022

Are you sure it isn't just the ticket system failing to properly group replies?

• PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2022

@jar said:
    Are you sure it isn't just the ticket system failing to properly group replies?

WHMCS and would be the only one with this issue. Might be their client does some funky stuff not sure, but it should catch anything with any standard reply header with ticket # on it.

But it's certain he did create many tickets, but he might've inadvertly created even more than he meant to.

• This happens every now and then. I instantly delete the ticket if it was created apparently just for spamming. If there's a single ticket about someone asking for a product not being offered, I reply with a standard reply but everything else is instantly deleted and blacklisted. If it was created by a customer who has an active service, this ticket might be merged and answered once but I'll take a note he was abusing the support desk.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Higher-end segments attract less kids, resulting less headaches.

But, in general, it's down to people's personalities and age more than anything else.

• I'll open up multiple Tickets but only if it's for a different subject/issue. Just saying.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

The bottom line is -

The end is nigh.

Thanked by 1brejski
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@PulsedMedia said:
    This person also tried to sudo on a shared server

Are you really reading those incident reports?
    I thought they are sent to Santa Claus only.

xkcd: Incident

• just refund and delete account lol

• @budi1413 said:
    just refund and delete account lol

Cut to: customer opens multiple new accounts every new ticket.

• I think you should just start opening tickets to the customer. You need to beat them at their own game.

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2022

Altough very rare here.... i know this kind of customers. If its getting extreme like that I tell them if they don't stop, we will stop doing Business and Services will be cancelled.

Solves the "issue" most of the time

Support abuse is just unacceptable.

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep

@HostSlick said:
    Altough very rare here.... i know this kind of customers. If its getting extreme like that I tell them if they don't stop, we will stop doing Business and Services will be cancelled.

Solves the "issue" most of the time

Support abuse is just unacceptable.

Funny thing is that this is LET, and the majority decided its the providers fault :lol:

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@TimboJones said:

@budi1413 said:
    just refund and delete account lol

Cut to: customer opens multiple new accounts every new ticket.

I often wonder what happens if I create 1000 accounts and open 1000 tickets in each account.
    WHMCS ticket number is always six digits and old ticket numbers can be reused.
    If there are a million open tickets, does it prevent everyone from opening new tickets?

Thanked by 2webcraft skorous
  • You should probably spam them with password reset emails :smiley: tit for tat :D
    Or may be deactivate that user in WHMCS for a week maybe?

• rip my seedbox
    spammers incoming

• @taizi said:

rip my seedbox
    spammers incoming

They have a power outage:
    https://pulsedmedia.com/clients/announcements.php?id=540

• PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

@CheepCluck said:
    I think you should just start opening tickets to the customer. You need to beat them at their own game.

roflmao

@HostSlick said: Support abuse is just unacceptable.

agree 100%

@skorupion said: Funny thing is that this is LET, and the majority decided its the providers fault

LET is kittens compared to reddit. Just that i typed reddit instead of Reddit will start a flame war over there. and i am not even exaggerating ... much.

@yoursunny said: I often wonder what happens if I create 1000 accounts and open 1000 tickets in each account.

People did just that, they just opened accounts for no friggin' reason. never order anything, just opening bunch of accounts.

@nvme said:
    You should probably spam them with password reset emails :smiley: tit for tat :D
    Or may be deactivate that user in WHMCS for a week maybe?

now that would be funny :)

@taizi said: spammers incoming

Funny thing, power outage only caused a few tickets. I guess majority does check announcements before complaining?

Is that hetrix or what? Never used hetrix, do not recognize that monitor :)

• @PulsedMedia said:

@taizi said: spammers incoming

Funny thing, power outage only caused a few tickets. I guess majority does check announcements before complaining?

Is that hetrix or what? Never used hetrix, do not recognize that monitor :)

yes,hetrixtools

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • JabJabJabJab Member
    edited January 2022

Yes, it's HetrixTools however it's not in Dark mode so many people won't recognize it /s
    This is how it is supposed to look:

on that topic I should probably add my seedbox to HT so I can have those outages too!

Thanked by 1skorous