Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


New Hetzner dedicated server (EX100 with i9-12900K)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

New Hetzner dedicated server (EX100 with i9-12900K)

AXYZEAXYZE Member
edited January 12 in General

Hetzner just released new dedi in their EX line - EX100

Intel Core i9-12900K (16 cores)
128GB DDR4
2x 1.92TB NVMe Gen4
1Gbps unlimited like on all Hetzner dedis
Price: €109 + VAT if applicable 

You can order it here https://www.hetzner.com/dedicated-rootserver/matrix-ex

12900K has the best singlecore performance at this time (Geekbench 5 Single Core ~2000 points!!!)
Very good choice for PHP-based sites, game servers...

But how does it stacks up? Should you chose it over AMD option? For a little bit less you can get AX101:

AMD Ryzen 9 5950X (16 cores)
128GB DDR4 with ECC
2x 3.84TB NVMe Gen3
1Gbps unlimited like on all Hetzner dedis
Price: €94 + VAT if applicable 

https://www.hetzner.com/dedicated-rootserver/ax101

It has 2x more storage, but CPU performance will be a little bit worse (Geekbench 5 Single Core 1600-1700). For most people AMD is better choice, because it has already very fast cores, its cheaper and you get more storage, but if you need the best core performance possible then EX100 is obvious choice.

What do you think about EX100? Is this a good deal?

Thanked by 3Hetzner_OL Erisa lognf

Comments

  • henixhenix Member

    ew, that is too prem for me.

  • deankdeank Member, Troll

    Dude, those cost freaking 100!

    Don't post these sort of high-end deals here. People on LET scrap by barely. By letting them know that there is a layer of world above'em, you are forcing them to realize that they are indeed low-end people.

    Let us live in our own worlds.

  • I can live for 3 months for those 100€.

    Thanked by 3JasonM ariq01 hanoi
  • What a waste. Should've just invested in more IPv4 ranges. Priorities...

    Thanked by 1ankesh
  • AMD is better because of ECC :wink:

  • Considering their IP/BGB prices, I don't have a good use for it.

    Thanked by 1ankesh
  • -1 ddos protection no use for game server

  • nvmenvme Member

    AMD anytime. Single core performance is still pretty decent, but multi core performance is better than 12900k (13k vs 16k) and supports ECC. That is probably due to 7nm architecture, and it needs less power even.
    Intel one is good if you want faster memory and storage, but AMD isn't far behind. Their consumer processors lack ECC, which is big turn off.

  • AXYZEAXYZE Member

    @nvme said:
    AMD anytime. Single core performance is still pretty decent, but multi core performance is better than 12900k (13k vs 16k) and supports ECC. That is probably due to 7nm architecture, and it needs less power even.
    Intel one is good if you want faster memory and storage, but AMD isn't far behind. Their consumer processors lack ECC, which is big turn off.

    I wouldnt rate multicore performance now. It highly depends on cooling. If Hetzner has good solution then it should be at least on level of 5950X.
    They dont put stock coolers and stock fabs in racks

  • I think this is the AX101 shared from LES

    Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Processor  : AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core Processor
    CPU cores  : 32 @ 3400.000 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 125.8 GiB
    Swap       : 0.0 KiB
    Disk       : 7.0 TiB
    
    fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    ---------------------------------
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
    Read       | 939.18 MB/s (234.7k) | 2.30 GB/s    (35.9k)
    Write      | 941.66 MB/s (235.4k) | 2.31 GB/s    (36.1k)
    Total      | 1.88 GB/s   (470.2k) | 4.61 GB/s    (72.0k)
               |                      |                     
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
    Read       | 2.41 GB/s     (4.7k) | 2.50 GB/s     (2.4k)
    Write      | 2.54 GB/s     (4.9k) | 2.67 GB/s     (2.6k)
    Total      | 4.95 GB/s     (9.6k) | 5.18 GB/s     (5.0k)
    
    iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    ---------------------------------
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed     
                    |                           |                 |                
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 939 Mbits/sec   | 936 Mbits/sec  
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 944 Mbits/sec   | 945 Mbits/sec  
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 812 Mbits/sec   | 588 Mbits/sec  
    
    iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv6):
    ---------------------------------
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed     
                    |                           |                 |                
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 926 Mbits/sec   | 930 Mbits/sec  
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 930 Mbits/sec   | 932 Mbits/sec  
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 886 Mbits/sec   | 541 Mbits/sec  
    
    Geekbench 4 Benchmark Test:
    ---------------------------------
    Test            | Value                         
                    |                               
    Single Core     | 7595                          
    Multi Core      | 67289                         
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/16462370
    
    Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    ---------------------------------
    Test            | Value                         
                    |                               
    Single Core     | 1742                          
    Multi Core      | 15468                         
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/12138187
    
    Thanked by 3AXYZE DanSummer lognf
  • @toumi111 said:
    I think this is the AX101 shared from LES

    Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Processor : AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core Processor
    CPU cores : 32 @ 3400.000 MHz
    AES-NI : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM : 125.8 GiB
    Swap : 0.0 KiB
    Disk : 7.0 TiB

    fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    ---------------------------------
    Block Size | 4k (IOPS) | 64k (IOPS)
    ------ | --- ---- | ---- ----
    Read | 939.18 MB/s (234.7k) | 2.30 GB/s (35.9k)
    Write | 941.66 MB/s (235.4k) | 2.31 GB/s (36.1k)
    Total | 1.88 GB/s (470.2k) | 4.61 GB/s (72.0k)
    | |
    Block Size | 512k (IOPS) | 1m (IOPS)
    ------ | --- ---- | ---- ----
    Read | 2.41 GB/s (4.7k) | 2.50 GB/s (2.4k)
    Write | 2.54 GB/s (4.9k) | 2.67 GB/s (2.6k)
    Total | 4.95 GB/s (9.6k) | 5.18 GB/s (5.0k)

    iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    ---------------------------------
    Provider | Location (Link) | Send Speed | Recv Speed
    | | |
    Clouvider | London, UK (10G) | 939 Mbits/sec | 936 Mbits/sec
    Online.net | Paris, FR (10G) | 944 Mbits/sec | 945 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider | NYC, NY, US (10G) | 812 Mbits/sec | 588 Mbits/sec

    iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv6):
    ---------------------------------
    Provider | Location (Link) | Send Speed | Recv Speed
    | | |
    Clouvider | London, UK (10G) | 926 Mbits/sec | 930 Mbits/sec
    Online.net | Paris, FR (10G) | 930 Mbits/sec | 932 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider | NYC, NY, US (10G) | 886 Mbits/sec | 541 Mbits/sec

    Geekbench 4 Benchmark Test:
    ---------------------------------
    Test | Value
    |
    Single Core | 7595
    Multi Core | 67289
    Full Test | https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/16462370

    Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    ---------------------------------
    Test | Value
    |
    Single Core | 1742
    Multi Core | 15468
    Full Test | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/12138187

    That's some insane power. I wish this was in US or Canada.

  • @DanSummer what about this one

    Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Processor  : 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-12900K
    CPU cores  : 24 @ 3200.000 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 125.6 GiB
    Swap       : 0.0 KiB
    Disk       : 3.5 TiB
    
    fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    ---------------------------------
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
    Read       | 2.02 GB/s   (506.8k) | 2.47 GB/s    (38.6k)
    Write      | 2.03 GB/s   (508.2k) | 2.48 GB/s    (38.8k)
    Total      | 4.06 GB/s   (1015.0k) | 4.96 GB/s    (77.5k)
               |                      |                     
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
    Read       | 3.16 GB/s     (6.1k) | 3.39 GB/s     (3.3k)
    Write      | 3.33 GB/s     (6.5k) | 3.62 GB/s     (3.5k)
    Total      | 6.49 GB/s    (12.6k) | 7.02 GB/s     (6.8k)
    
    iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    ---------------------------------
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed     
                    |                           |                 |                
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 932 Mbits/sec   | 933 Mbits/sec  
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 937 Mbits/sec   | 945 Mbits/sec  
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 890 Mbits/sec   | 523 Mbits/sec  
    
    iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv6):
    ---------------------------------
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed     
                    |                           |                 |                
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 921 Mbits/sec   | 929 Mbits/sec  
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 924 Mbits/sec   | 932 Mbits/sec  
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 879 Mbits/sec   | 652 Mbits/sec  
    
    Geekbench 4 Benchmark Test:
    ---------------------------------
    Test            | Value                         
                    |                               
    Single Core     | 9096                          
    Multi Core      | 60654                         
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/16462753
    
    Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    ---------------------------------
    Test            | Value                         
                    |                               
    Single Core     | 2113                          
    Multi Core      | 15150                         
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/12147509
    
     CPU Speed:
        bzip2     : 261 MB/s
       sha256     : 495 MB/s
       md5sum     : 947 MB/s
    
     RAM Speed:
       Avg. write : 7236.3 MB/s
       Avg. read  : 13107.2 MB/s
    
     Disk Speed:
       1st run    : 2.7 GB/s
       2nd run    : 2.8 GB/s
       3rd run    : 2.8 GB/s
       -----------------------
       Average    : 2833.1 MB/s
    
  • AXYZEAXYZE Member

    @nvme as you can see from benchmarks above 5950X and i9 have similar multicore :)

    @toumi111 IO performance on Intel is mindblowing. 2GB/s on two disks in 4K? Amazing.
    Gen4 disks that Hetzner uses are really showing advantage here. I dont know if I ever saw score higher than that.

  • nvmenvme Member

    @AXYZE said:
    @nvme as you can see from benchmarks above 5950X and i9 have similar multicore :)

    @toumi111 IO performance on Intel is mindblowing. 2GB/s on two disks in 4K? Amazing.
    Gen4 disks that Hetzner uses are really showing advantage here. I dont know if I ever saw score higher than that.

    Yeah, they are pretty much the same. Given that 5950x is ~1.5 years old is still pretty decent, took Intel 2 gens to outperform :D
    But yeah, for 15 euros extra, it is pretty good deal, those Gen4 nvme's are flying. :D

  • dT_TbdT_Tb Member

    Wow on that 4k IO.

  • CiprianoOscarCiprianoOscar Member, Provider

    Still ryzen 9 5950x best one

  • @toumi111 said:
    @DanSummer what about this one

    Wow! That's insane! I'll still go with the ryzen server though :smile:

    You can't beat 7TB NVMe :smiley:

  • what nvme is that, sabrent?

  • tsofttsoft Member
    edited January 15

    -

  • tsofttsoft Member

    @toumi111 said:

    Thank you. could you check nvme manufacturer?

Sign In or Register to comment.