Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


Termius Alternatives
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

Termius Alternatives

I really like Termius for one reason.... It backs up all of my logins and keys for different instances and syncs them to other devices.

That's it.... Not worth the $100/yr

What other solutions are on the market that sync logins/keys to windows,mac,ios,and android?

«1

Comments

  • I've done this journey a few months ago but found nothing.

    Another 5 freedom dollars on monthly expenses is okay in my book (it's basically no more than another VPS) so I'm sticking with Termius.

  • kennsannkennsann Member
    edited January 12

    Depending where you live and if you have an iOS device, you can get termius for $30/year.

    Not sure if you can spoof this with a VPN tho.

  • edited January 12

    Tabby maybe?

    EDIT: Tabby did not support sync.

  • Termius come for free with my GitHub Student. :d

  • AstroAstro Member

    JuiceSSH

  • jarjar Member, Patron Provider

    If $100/year is too much to pay someone to store your most sensitive data securely, you could try storing your private keys on pastebin. That way you can get to them from anywhere.

  • AstroAstro Member

    @jar said:
    If $100/year is too much to pay someone to store your most sensitive data securely, you could try storing your private keys on pastebin. That way you can get to them from anywhere.

    Come on Jar. Not everyone needs to pay $100. I'm sure there are plenty other alternatives that could work. They might not be as seamless but they work just fine.

  • jarjar Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 12

    @BarkingIron said:

    @jar said:
    If $100/year is too much to pay someone to store your most sensitive data securely, you could try storing your private keys on pastebin. That way you can get to them from anywhere.

    Come on Jar. Not everyone needs to pay $100. I'm sure there are plenty other alternatives that could work. They might not be as seamless but they work just fine.

    You go right ahead and pay pennies for someone to handle your private keys, no way that could ever end poorly 😂

  • AstroAstro Member

    @jar said:

    @BarkingIron said:

    @jar said:
    If $100/year is too much to pay someone to store your most sensitive data securely, you could try storing your private keys on pastebin. That way you can get to them from anywhere.

    Come on Jar. Not everyone needs to pay $100. I'm sure there are plenty other alternatives that could work. They might not be as seamless but they work just fine.

    You go right ahead and pay pennies for someone to handle your private keys, no way that could ever end poorly 😂

    JuiceSSH also encrypts your data. If you're assuming just because you're paying more corrlates to better security, then I'm not quite sure if anything will convince you. Not everyone has a baller email service to pay for cloudron and terminus yearly :wink:

    Thanked by 1iKeyZ
  • @chocolateshirt said:
    Tabby maybe?

    EDIT: Tabby did not support sync.

    Yes it does. Not sure whether it syncs keys and logins though, but there is an option for "Cloud Sync Setting".
    It gives you the choice of WebDav, FTP, S3, Backblaze and a few others. I have not tested it so I cant say exactly what it does and how it works, but the setting is there.

    Thanked by 1chocolateshirt
  • tjntjn Member

    @rcy026 said:
    Yes it does. Not sure whether it syncs keys and logins though, but there is an option for "Cloud Sync Setting".
    It gives you the choice of WebDav, FTP, S3, Backblaze and a few others. I have not tested it so I cant say exactly what it does and how it works, but the setting is there.

    I've never heard of Tabby. Looks good!
    Is this the plugin you're referring to?
    https://tabby-cloud.tranit.co/

  • @tjn said:

    @rcy026 said:
    Yes it does. Not sure whether it syncs keys and logins though, but there is an option for "Cloud Sync Setting".
    It gives you the choice of WebDav, FTP, S3, Backblaze and a few others. I have not tested it so I cant say exactly what it does and how it works, but the setting is there.

    I've never heard of Tabby. Looks good!
    Is this the plugin you're referring to?
    https://tabby-cloud.tranit.co/

    Yes it is, I didn't even realize that it was a plugin but it is.

    Installed Tabby a while ago and tried it out for a few minutes, I had planned to try it out a bit more but haven't had the time yet. Looks good so far though, I like the clean interface and all the hotkey possibilities. Also, it seems to support basically everything such as ssh, scp, serial and even raw sockets.

    If you trust them enough, you can even sync your settings to their webbased app at https://tabby.sh/app and have all your sessions and settings available wherever you are.

  • @jar said:
    If $100/year is too much to pay someone to store your most sensitive data securely, you could try storing your private keys on pastebin. That way you can get to them from anywhere.

    So LastPass and NordPass are roughly $30/yr and probably have way better security than Termius. I really don't understand what point you are trying to make here.

  • AstroAstro Member

    @caniac22 said:

    @jar said:
    If $100/year is too much to pay someone to store your most sensitive data securely, you could try storing your private keys on pastebin. That way you can get to them from anywhere.

    So LastPass and NordPass are roughly $30/yr and probably have way better security than Termius. I really don't understand what point you are trying to make here.

    Bitwarden too. And that too free.

    Thanked by 1iKeyZ
  • https://remotedesktopmanager.com/home/downloadfree

    Free. Looks like all platforms but I've only used Windows.

  • @BarkingIron said:
    JuiceSSH

    This hasn't been updated for the longest time. Its convenient. But I get the hibby gibbies thinking what security holes are left vulnerable

    +1 for usability

  • @plumberg said:

    @BarkingIron said:
    JuiceSSH

    This hasn't been updated for the longest time. Its convenient. But I get the hibby gibbies thinking what security holes are left vulnerable

    +1 for usability

    Latest release ~1 year ago. For a client, that's not too bad.

  • @rcy026 said:

    @plumberg said:

    @BarkingIron said:
    JuiceSSH

    This hasn't been updated for the longest time. Its convenient. But I get the hibby gibbies thinking what security holes are left vulnerable

    +1 for usability

    Latest release ~1 year ago. For a client, that's not too bad.

    Oh I see. Missed that. Would appreciate some updates after 1 year though

  • @hzhoanglee said:
    Termius come for free with my GitHub Student. :d

    Isnt it just for two years? Or it is permanent deal?

  • @forces said:

    @hzhoanglee said:
    Termius come for free with my GitHub Student. :d

    Isnt it just for two years? Or it is permanent deal?

    I don't know, I have been using it since April of 2019, maybe as long as I'm a student.

  • @hzhoanglee said:

    @forces said:

    @hzhoanglee said:
    Termius come for free with my GitHub Student. :d

    Isnt it just for two years? Or it is permanent deal?

    I don't know, I have been using it since April of 2019, maybe as long as I'm a student.

    How to verify us being a student over the years?

  • @jar said:
    If $100/year is too much to pay someone to store your most sensitive data securely, you could try storing your private keys on pastebin. That way you can get to them from anywhere.

    For some countries, $100usd can already buy a virgin.

  • $100 app for storing the password of an $8 VPS. Shut up and take my money.

  • @forces said:

    @hzhoanglee said:

    @forces said:

    @hzhoanglee said:
    Termius come for free with my GitHub Student. :d

    Isnt it just for two years? Or it is permanent deal?

    I don't know, I have been using it since April of 2019, maybe as long as I'm a student.

    How to verify us being a student over the years?

    You resubmit for GitHub student, most of the time they verify your email is still valid or not. Or you can buy student email cough illegal cough from school admins.

  • dosaidosai Member

    @hzhoanglee said:

    @forces said:

    @hzhoanglee said:

    @forces said:

    @hzhoanglee said:
    Termius come for free with my GitHub Student. :d

    Isnt it just for two years? Or it is permanent deal?

    I don't know, I have been using it since April of 2019, maybe as long as I'm a student.

    How to verify us being a student over the years?

    You resubmit for GitHub student, most of the time they verify your email is still valid or not. Or you can buy student email cough illegal cough from school admins.

    You would need to upload your ID card with validity date.

    https://education.github.com/discount_requests/6897979/additional_information

    Thanked by 2Unixfy forces
  • CiprianoOscarCiprianoOscar Member, Host Rep

    @caniac22 said:
    I really like Termius for one reason.... It backs up all of my logins and keys for different instances and syncs them to other devices.

    That's it.... Not worth the $100/yr

    What other solutions are on the market that sync logins/keys to windows,mac,ios,and android?

    I use mobaxterm

  • @dosai said: You would need to upload your ID card with validity date.

    E-Mail is sufficient, at least for German universities.

  • i should try applying, my student card does not have an expiry anyway

  • If you use OpenSSH everywhere, can you not just sync your ~/.ssh directory everywhere, using your backup tool of choice, to share config and keys?

    Unless you need something a bit finer grained (some config and keys not wanting to be on all your client hosts, etc).

  • WSL

Sign In or Register to comment.