Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


Why no one mentioned MaxKVM anymore here? Especially their yearly deals
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

Why no one mentioned MaxKVM anymore here? Especially their yearly deals

LisoLiso Member

I have developed a company project that require specific configuration and distribution, for that I need a vps to house my project.

Originally I plan to initiate a monthly payment, but due to heavy workload on my workplace. I decided to find a yearly (cheap) plan, as I want to idle my project and work on it occasionally from time to time.

It doesn't have to be a high specs one, something like 1gb ram 1 core and 20-25 gb (nvme) SSD would suffice. My budget would be under $30 a year, and it needs to be on Singapore.

I see that MaxKVM has yearly deal ongoing, $29 a year and recurring ! Seems like a great deal, but there's just something holding me back. Although I have a vps provisioned with them, it's on monthly basis.

Their customer service has been great, my tickets is answered within 5-10 min, the server is rock solid too. Probably their only mistake is last year incident, which result in them being less talked about.

If the provider is greencloudvps or Nexusbytes, I can clear my doubts and process the payment, because they're quite active here. MaxKVM in the other hand, has not announcement deals in any let forum, thus raised my doubts.

Has anyone tried their yearly plan?

Thanked by 1MaxKVM

Comments

  • go ahead and sign up, maybe if u get rejected, submit a high IQ test result to get manual approval.

  • dustincdustinc Member, Top Provider

    When you put little into your company, you get very little back. You can't blame the consumers, providers need to take responsibility. Providers have to be persistent, active within communities, and provide service customers deserve.

    From there, naturally, your customer base grows (then, maybe, someone will extend a compliment).

  • seriesnseriesn Member, Top Provider
    edited January 12

    @Liso said:
    I have developed a company project that require specific configuration and distribution, for that I need a vps to house my project.

    Originally I plan to initiate a monthly payment, but due to heavy workload on my workplace. I decided to find a yearly (cheap) plan, as I want to idle my project and work on it occasionally from time to time.

    It doesn't have to be a high specs one, something like 1gb ram 1 core and 20-25 gb (nvme) SSD would suffice. My budget would be under $30 a year, and it needs to be on Singapore.

    I see that MaxKVM has yearly deal ongoing, $29 a year and recurring ! Seems like a great deal, but there's just something holding me back. Although I have a vps provisioned with them, it's on monthly basis.

    Their customer service has been great, my tickets is answered within 5-10 min, the server is rock solid too. Probably their only mistake is last year incident, which result in them being less talked about.

    If the provider is greencloudvps or Nexusbytes, I can clear my doubts and process the payment, because they're quite active here. MaxKVM in the other hand, has not announcement deals in any let forum, thus raised my doubts.

    Has anyone tried their yearly plan?

    I am going to be very shameless right now, but since we were mentioned, if our bandwidth allotment works for ya, I can do 10x our vps-1G in SG for $30/year <3

    Regarding MaxKvm, owner is a decent dude from the limited interaction we had. But not much active on these places.

    Thanked by 1MaxKVM
  • If you don't see someone being talked about here, then either:

    • They're outside this target market
    • Or they don't market enough
    • Or they don't matter
    Thanked by 1MaxKVM
  • @dustinc said:
    When you put little into your company, you get very little back. You can't blame the consumers, providers need to take responsibility. Providers have to be persistent, active within communities, and provide service customers deserve.

    From there, naturally, your customer base grows (then, maybe, someone will extend a compliment).

    He had only good things to say about the company, his only concern was lack of LET offers and NOT the fucked up customer service response he linked to.

    IMO, OP's priorities are backwards.

    Thanked by 2Xor MaxKVM
  • @Liso said: Has anyone tried their yearly plan?

    Yes, I have had a 4GB, 2 core EPYC in Dallas since July of 2020 on a yearly plan. I haven't talked to them for the last year or so since the VPS just works well and I have had nothing to complain about. :)
    Just a note so you know if you go yearly. They will bill you 6 weeks before your renewal date.

    Thanked by 1MaxKVM
  • LisoLiso Member
    edited January 12

    @TimboJones said:
    He had only good things to say about the company, his only concern was lack of LET offers and NOT the fucked up customer service response he linked to.

    IMO, OP's priorities are backwards.

    Maybe I phrased it poorly, but I fully condemn their pathetic response on the incident. But when I came here asking a deals on sg, they had the best price to performance ratio, thus I signed their monthly server and have experience rather good service.

    The reason I'm asking now it's to asking whether people here have tried their yearly plan, you know I'm scared something happen and they terminate my server, ultimately Iost the money that went with it.

  • That's a great question

  • @AtlasCloud said:
    That's a great question

    That's a great answer

    Thanked by 1AXYZE
  • I renewed my subscription last month, the yearly plan of 2c4g epyc in lax US.

    I had a few round of communications/tickets with them, respectively about migration to SG, connections issues (they changed IP some month ago and I wrongly set ethx to ens3) and possible upgrade, all of which are Ok, I mean responsive and professional.

    The server is stable, few http 523 occurrences (and this doesn't mean the server is really down) frm Hetrixtools monitoring records. The overall uptime ratio is satisfactory.

    Comparing with other providers' (as shown below), judging from the Hetrixtools' reports, the CPU's IOWait for the last 30 days is 0.31% (against 1.11% on average), a bit higher.

    below with Apache, MariaDB and PHP-FPM (for ref only, as the software vers and hardware configs are different)
    HostHatch (INTEL+NVMe) 0.69% (0.02%)
    Oracle Free Tier(AMD) 0.45% (0.00%)

    Thanked by 2seriesn MaxKVM
  • LisoLiso Member

    @aRNoLD said:
    I renewed my subscription last month, the yearly plan of 2c4g epyc in lax US.

    I had a few round of communications/tickets with them, respectively about migration to SG, connections issues (they changed IP some month ago and I wrongly set ethx to ens3) and possible upgrade, all of which are Ok, I mean responsive and professional.

    The server is stable, few http 523 occurrences (and this doesn't mean the server is really down) frm Hetrixtools monitoring records. The overall uptime ratio is satisfactory.

    Comparing with other providers' (as shown below), judging from the Hetrixtools' reports, the CPU's IOWait for the last 30 days is 0.31% (against 1.11% on average), a bit higher.

    below with Apache, MariaDB and PHP-FPM (for ref only, as the software vers and hardware configs are different)
    HostHatch (INTEL+NVMe) 0.69% (0.02%)
    Oracle Free Tier(AMD) 0.45% (0.00%)

    @FrankZ said:

    @Liso said: Has anyone tried their yearly plan?

    Yes, I have had a 4GB, 2 core EPYC in Dallas since July of 2020 on a yearly plan. I haven't talked to them for the last year or so since the VPS just works well and I have had nothing to complain about. :)
    Just a note so you know if you go yearly. They will bill you 6 weeks before your renewal date.

    Seeing your comment has urged me to making my first annual purchase from LET provider. Hopefully nothing goes wrong.

    @seriesn said:
    I am going to be very shameless right now, but since we were mentioned, if our bandwidth allotment works for ya, I can do 10x our vps-1G in SG for $30/year <3

    Regarding MaxKvm, owner is a decent dude from the limited interaction we had. But not much active on these places.

    Thank you very much for your offer ! But that bandwith is little bit too small for me, I know I'll be idling this server-- I prefer 500gb minimal bandwith. Still kudos to you for bringing up the offer back :smiley: . Maybe someone here from SG interested ?

    Thanked by 1MaxKVM
  • MaxKVM very fragrant.. ♥️♥️♥️

    Thanked by 2yoursunny MaxKVM
  • _MS__MS_ Member

    MaxKVM is only for people with MaxMind.

    Thanked by 1MaxKVM
  • Plenty of good providers around, no need to seek out a provider who does this on a power trip.

    Thanked by 1MaxKVM
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

    @Liso said:
    it needs to be on Singapore.
    I see that MaxKVM has yearly deal ongoing, $29 a year and recurring !

    $29/year for 1GB isn't a good price.
    The Singapore node of push-ups delivery network is $20/year, GreenCloudVPS provider.

    Thanked by 1MaxKVM
  • MaxKVM is fading as well as ramnode did. They just fade out due to inactivity in pr department. Little outage would bring some light, but they are to good for that.

    Thanked by 2MaxKVM webcraft
  • bdlbdl Member

    @dustinc said:
    When you put little into your company, you get very little back. You can't blame the consumers, providers need to take responsibility. Providers have to be persistent, active within communities, and provide service customers deserve.

    From there, naturally, your customer base grows (then, maybe, someone will extend a compliment).

    Thankyou for your comment. Your bandwidth has been doubled! B)

    Thanked by 1MaxKVM
  • Have a couple of MaxKVM VPS, both on a yearly basis for more than a year now. The 4c/8GB plan in NL & SG. Works great, never needed to ticket in (work order) for a technical issue. Although there were a few unannounced node reboots for hardware maintenance in SG, but that's OK.

    Thanked by 1MaxKVM
  • @Liso said:
    Their customer service has been great, my tickets is answered within 5-10 min, the server is rock solid too. Probably their only mistake is last year incident, which result in them being less talked about.

    It's not so mysterious: they simply withdrew from that forum and this one after that incident.

    If the provider is greencloudvps or Nexusbytes, I can clear my doubts and process the payment, because they're quite active here. MaxKVM in the other hand, has not announcement deals in any let forum, thus raised my doubts.

    There are no signs that they're going to crash or similar.

    Thanked by 1MaxKVM
  • MaxKVMMaxKVM Provider

    image

    Thanked by 2_MS_ idleparty
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire
  • My MaxKVM's VPS from the 4th of July 2020 promo

    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
     OS           : Debian GNU/Linux 11 (64 Bit)
     Virt/Kernel  : KVM / 5.10.0-10-amd64
     CPU Model    : AMD EPYC 7302P 16-Core Processor
     CPU Cores    : 2 @ 3000.000 MHz x86_64 512 KB Cache
     CPU Flags    : AES-NI Enabled & VM-x/AMD-V Enabled
     Load Average : 0.05, 0.01, 0.00
     Total Space  : 73G (5.7G ~9% used)
     Total RAM    : 3931 MB (550 MB + 2043 MB Buff in use)
     Total SWAP   : 2048 MB (0 MB in use)
     Uptime       : 9 days 1:11
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
     ASN & ISP    : AS399686, Semiband LLC
     Organization : Semiband LLC
     Location     : Los Angeles, United States / US
     Region       : California
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    
     ## Geekbench v4 CPU Benchmark:
    
      Single Core : 4427  (VERY GOOD)
       Multi Core : 7752
    
     ## IO Test
    
     CPU Speed:
        bzip2     : 115 MB/s
       sha256     : 207 MB/s
       md5sum     : 514 MB/s
    
     RAM Speed:
       Avg. write : 2798.9 MB/s
       Avg. read  : 8055.5 MB/s
    
     Disk Speed:
       1st run    : 863 MB/s
       2nd run    : 1.2 GB/s
       3rd run    : 909 MB/s
       -----------------------
       Average    : 1000.3 MB/s
    
     ## Global Speedtest.net
    
     Location                       Upload           Download         Ping   
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
     Nearby                         854.22 Mbit/s    447.25 Mbit/s    1.178 ms
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
     USA, New York (Optimum)        192.99 Mbit/s    276.35 Mbit/s    77.477 ms
     USA, Chicago (Windstream)      203.43 Mbit/s    124.80 Mbit/s    46.917 ms
     USA, Dallas (Frontier)         199.81 Mbit/s    311.95 Mbit/s    54.617 ms
     USA, Miami (Sprint)            258.81 Mbit/s    305.49 Mbit/s    58.483 ms
     USA, Los Angeles (Windstream)  855.08 Mbit/s    886.26 Mbit/s     0.513 ms
     UK, London (toob Ltd)          69.79 Mbit/s     234.99 Mbit/s   129.694 ms
     France, Lyon (SFR)             65.96 Mbit/s     147.64 Mbit/s   153.989 ms
     Germany, Berlin (DNS:NET)      112.87 Mbit/s    119.78 Mbit/s   164.420 ms
     Spain, Madrid (MasMovil)       16.98 Mbit/s     144.49 Mbit/s   146.445 ms
     Italy, Rome (Unidata)          68.10 Mbit/s     154.24 Mbit/s   170.545 ms
     Russia, Moscow (Rostelecom)    105.81 Mbit/s    155.84 Mbit/s   180.805 ms
     India, New Delhi (Weebo)       35.35 Mbit/s     35.11 Mbit/s    252.784 ms
     Singapore (FirstMedia)         67.02 Mbit/s     48.92 Mbit/s    176.682 ms
     Japan, Tsukuba (SoftEther)     120.21 Mbit/s    218.97 Mbit/s   110.280 ms
     Australia, Sydney (Optus)      11.52 Mbit/s     77.41 Mbit/s    158.642 ms
     RSA, Randburg (Cool Ideas)     11.33 Mbit/s     51.41 Mbit/s    305.219 ms
     Brazil, Sao Paulo (Criare)     66.05 Mbit/s     93.05 Mbit/s    184.077 ms
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    
     Finished in : 10 min 28 sec
     Timestamp   : 2022-01-12 17:47:25 GMT
     Saved in    : /root/speedtest.log
    
     Share results:
     - https://www.speedtest.net/result/12596149253.png
     - https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/16462130
     - https://clbin.com/CoBoH
    

    Running smoothly and support is also great

  • henixhenix Member

    i guess it's better that he's not active here

    Thanked by 1MaxKVM
  • jon617jon617 Member
    edited January 12

    Had two KVMs in Dallas for a year, renewed for another year. Both solid performers with no downtime. I like that all their locations are in Hivelocity, a great provider and rare to have in the low-end space. Have not seen any recent promos other than their regular yearly deals, so nothing to discuss!

    Thanked by 1MaxKVM
  • MaxKVMMaxKVM Provider

    Love is the answer. 🌹

    Thanked by 1chocolateshirt
  • NeoonNeoon Member
    edited January 12

    Well, someone asked if or why a product is out of stock.
    They did not ask, if he can restock or such, he asked "bullshit".

    He replied with some IQ or even a ban, this made it to LET and since then @MaxKVM was silent.

    But to be fair, here are other providers, for example @Clouvider which likes to sue his own clients, I don't know if it was a lie his client said, but he apparently threated one (or more?) of his clients.

    Its to far away to remember this.
    PMS does not only apply to users but to providers too.

    Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Provider

    Clouvider did not sue any of its Clients.

    Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

    @Neoon said:
    But to be fair, here are other providers, for example @Clouvider which likes to sue his own clients, I don't know if it was a lie his client said, but he apparently threated one (or more?) of his clients.

    It's not Clouvider.
    It's BuyVM: https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/172209/the-lawsuit/p1
    Un-fran your systems and stay away from evil provider.

  • bshbsh Member

    @Neoon said:
    Well, someone asked if or why a product is out of stock.
    They did not ask, if he can restock or such, he asked "bullshit".

    He replied with some IQ or even a ban, this made it to LET and since then @MaxKVM was silent.

    @cybertech said:
    go ahead and sign up, maybe if u get rejected, submit a high IQ test result to get manual approval.

    It's been for a while, concerning a student

Sign In or Register to comment.