Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


YouTube to MP3 help
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

YouTube to MP3 help

acjmacjm Member

Hello,

I have a spare VPS and I'm wanting to use it on my website to allow members to convert YouTube urls to MP3s - does anyone know any free scripts to achieve this?

I've had a quick look at youtube-dl and can do it from command line but I'm wanting to allow my website members the ability to do this from a webpage and I'm no good at scripting so would prefer something already made I can use if possible.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Anthony

Comments

  • DPDP Member, The Domain Guy

    @acjm said: would prefer something already made I can use if possible

    https://ytsave.org/youtube-to-mp3
    https://ytmp3.plus/video-converter/

    Thanked by 2acjm Logano
  • acjmacjm Member

    @DP said:

    @acjm said: would prefer something already made I can use if possible

    https://ytsave.org/youtube-to-mp3
    https://ytmp3.plus/video-converter/

    I'm looking for something like this which I host myself rather than using third party websites.

  • You may want to try this: https://github.com/Rudloff/alltube

  • LisoLiso Member

    youtube-dl combined with php seems like viable option, I don't know tho as I'm not really good at php. Maybe someone has already create this?

  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

    IncogTube by @MannDude can export YouTube videos to various formats including audio-only MP4.
    It's not exactly MP3 but it serves the same purpose.
    https://incogtube.com/watch?v=YylPfw6ZfC8
    Click ℹ️ near the top to see a link to the server-side script.

    Thanked by 2MannDude acjm
  • MannDudeMannDude Member, Provider

    @yoursunny said:
    IncogTube by @MannDude can export YouTube videos to various formats including audio-only MP4.
    It's not exactly MP3 but it serves the same purpose.
    https://incogtube.com/watch?v=YylPfw6ZfC8
    Click ℹ️ near the top to see a link to the server-side script.

    Thanks.

    We run https://incogtube.com and there is an easy in-browser option to download the video (or audio).

    The site is also useful for accessing YouTube where it's blocked, or on alt-nets like Tor, I2P and Yggdrasil. Also, it is or was used by Edward Snowden: https://edwardsnowden.substack.com/p/qa02

    Thanked by 1acjm
  • Yt-dl is dead use better fork called yt-dlp

  • afnafn Member
    edited January 11

    @labrax said: Yt-dl is dead use better fork called yt-dlp

    latest release is "v2021.12.17"
    How exactly can a software that has been updated less than 1 month ago be dead. Curious to understand what you mean exactly by "dead"?

    @acjm , why? there are a lot of great services that do already offer it, for free, without ads, and it works fine. Why do you want to offer a service that you don't understand much? you will run into issues and won't be able to solve it on your own... users will just move to another service, you will get tired of solving issues.

    Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • acjmacjm Member

    @acjm , why? there are a lot of great services that do already offer it, for free, without ads, and it works fine. Why do you want to offer a service that you don't understand much? you will run into issues and won't be able to solve it on your own... users will just move to another service, you will get tired of solving issues.

    >

    @afn it's to help people on my forum without navigating away and the majority of feedback I get from users is that the 3rd party websites are full of ads so I just wanted to offer a free service to help them out and I had a spare VPS to play with :)

  • DecicusDecicus Member
    edited January 11

    @afn said:

    @labrax said: Yt-dl is dead use better fork called yt-dlp

    latest release is "v2021.12.17"
    How exactly can a software that has been updated less than 1 month ago be dead. Curious to understand what you mean exactly by "dead"?

    To be fair, youtube-dl was dead for months. 6 months between the last release and the previous release, which for a lot of software is fine, but for something like youtube-dl that supports various different downloaders for tons of different websites (not just YouTube), that's a long time.
    Even with the new release, a long-standing issue regarding throttling still hasn't been fixed even though there are supposedly working PRs for it.

    The maintainer that published the latest release put themself as an inactive maintainer right after publishing it, which doesn't exactly give me any confidence that there will be another release in the near future.

    Most people, myself included, have moved on to yt-dlp since it's a fork of youtube-dl that's actively maintained.

  • Alltube

Sign In or Register to comment.