Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

› IncogNET LLC - 🇳🇱 Netherlands KVM - Ryzen, NVMe, Big BW, IPv6, Snapshots, 30% OFF and a GIVEAWAY - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

IncogNET LLC - 🇳🇱 Netherlands KVM - Ryzen, NVMe, Big BW, IPv6, Snapshots, 30% OFF and a GIVEAWAY

Comments

• Pointless Bump

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • Pointless Bump

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • Pointless Bump

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • Pointless Bump

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • Pointless Bump

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • Pointless Bump

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • Pointless Bump

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • Pointless Bump

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • amjamj Member

Pointless Bump

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • Pointless Bump

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • Pointless Bump

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • TeoMTeoM Member
    edited January 2022

It's a pity that you are in the USA, which means for me 14 eyes and no attitude at all when the FBI is at the door.

I would prefer you to be registered somewhere in the Philippines or something.

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • Pointless Bump

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • Pointless Bump

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • Pointless Bump

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • Pointless Bump

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran
    edited January 2022

@TeoM said:
    I would prefer you to be registered somewhere in the Philippines or something.

It matters little in the grand scheme of things. If it was more affordable and didn't complicate or increase taxes, sure, we'd 'set up' in a foreign country but it'd honestly be more for marketing and appearance to appeal to those who think it matters much as opposed to any great privacy related benefit. I'm not entirely certain what we could do if we changed to a Seychelles (for example) based business versus my Wyoming Anonymous LLC that'll soon have a law office as it's registered agent / point of contact. Either way, we'd still require no personal info and be committed to the same principles we are now. Neither of which are influenced by location of business registration.

Our Finland location is on the way out. Hetzner has good infrastructure but isn't a good match for us. It was our first 'foot in the door' location where we got started. We'll be replacing it in the coming months so that we may use our own IP space and have less restriction.

Netherlands is a household name for privacy. Other locations may be better, but people 'know' the Netherlands and it's a good location for serving Europe. Sure, could likely have more freedom in some old leaky roof warehouse in a country that hasn't rebuilt fully from war on a network of questionable quality, but we went another route. Worldstream datacenter is pretty quality.

Our Texas location is only for shared hosting now, VPS coming soon. Texas was chosen for it's central location, great network and a state government that's been vocal against big tech and online censorship. Hivelocity is a solid datacenter as well.

It's a pity that you are in the USA, which means for me 14 eyes and no attitude at all when the FBI is at the door.

We offer privacy by not requiring PII, not selling data, allowing orders through VPN/Tor, mirroring our site to alternative networks, accepting a ton of crypto and more. We promote privacy by sponsoring privacy projects, contributing resources to privacy networks, and encouraging our users to do the same, as well as mirror content on alternative networks.

We already prohibit most stuff in our TOS that would have the FBI knocking at your door. If they're interested in someone enough they'll find them regardless if their hosting provider has them logged as, "John Doe" that placed an ordering from a Tor exit.

• Pointless Bump! :) but nice service!

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • Pointless Bump

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • Pointless Bump

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • Pointless Bump

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • Pointless Bump

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • Pointless Bump

Thanked by 1MannDude