Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CentOS 6.5 Released
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Comments

• LeeLee Veteran

Already done :)

• I wanted to post this as well, but figured it wasn't that big of a deal.

On a side note: I found myself looking through the I/O code in the kernel source after I discovered that FlashCache won't compile anymore against the new kernel 2.6.32-431. They added support for throttling the I/O in this new kernel, but it breaks FlashCache. I don't have time to fix the FlashCache code and contribute it back, neither would I want to attempt it, so I just reverted back to kernel-2.6.32-358.23.2. I hope that this info will be useful to someone.

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep
    Thanked by 1petris
  • petrispetris Member
    edited December 2013

@qps said:
    OVZ networking container bug:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1327600

I have a hunch that this only applies to CentOS 5 hosts with CentOS 6 guests. All of the VPSs I have were upgraded this morning and rebooted without issue, though they're all running on CentOS 6 hosts. These are spread across RamNode, DotVPS, and BuyVM. A dedicated server I have was also upgraded along with the guests without issue, even after a reboot.

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Thanks for the heads up. Update night!

• @rds100

Are your host nodes running CentOS 5? I've upgraded all my vps's to 6.5 across 5 different providers now without issue (~30 VPSs total), and on another dedicated server where the host and guests were upgraded to 6.5. Additionally, all were rebooted after the upgrade.

So, I'm trying to figure out how this is an issue as either it doesn't affect guests on a CentOS 6 host node or I'm just extremely lucky.

Thanks.

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited December 2013

@petris yes the host nodes are running CentOS 5. This problem is only seen when the hostnodes are CentOS 5 based.

Here is a quick test to see if you are affected, type

ip link set dev venet0 up

If it gives you an error - you are affected. If there is no error - you are OK.

Thanked by 1petris
  • @rds100 Awesome, Thanks for the confirmation. No one has actually posted that little tidbit but that's what I expected. Thanks again!

• ryanarpryanarp Member, Patron Provider

Throwing the ISO in our list for KVM. Doing a install now for kicks and giggles.

• All of my VPSes has been updated.
    It's look more nice.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

i think 7 is overdue.

• @rds100 said:

is it fixed??? by the way, Im using your tutorial to upgrade my vps and no problem at all :)

• The fix should only be necessary if you are have a CentOS 6 OpenVZ VPS on a CentOS 5 based VPS node.
    In this case the command "ip link set dev venet0 up" fails. My fix is to edit the ifup-eth script and use "ifconfig eth0 up" instead of the failing "ip link set..." command.