Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I've setup a reverse proxy, but why it act like this?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I've setup a reverse proxy, but why it act like this?

First of all I'm sorry for my uneducation, it's the first time I setup a reverse proxy (with nginx + ubuntu).

By the way, the reverse proxy does its job but the problem is, if I request a file instead of a web page (for example a .mp4 file) then the VPS witht the reverse proxy first download all the whole file, then it stream the file to me. This is bad since my VPS is very very cheap with a very small HDD so the VPS gets full easily and after that it start lagging of course.

It would be possible to have the file downloaded simultaneously from the original server, without keeping it stored in the proxy server? Or, if that were not possible, would it be possible at least to limit the size of the file stored on the proxy server, I don't know maybe by using chunks of the file? Or is there another way to lighten the hard drive at least?

Thanks

Comments