Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Virmach LA outage?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Virmach LA outage?

Hey guys,

Anyone on @VirMach LA (some BF 2020 special) experiencing downtime? The service page in their WHMCS is not even loading which makes me think the whole node is down.

This would be the second outage with the same service in December, with zero other outages since purchase...

Also, I don't know if their support has degraded or something, but they rarely reply to support queries lately. My last outage ticket was just closed a day or two after the server was back up without any explanation 🤷‍♂️

During the previous outage they had an incident logged into their network status page, but right now it says everything is a-okay.

I'm just looking for some acknowledgement that they're aware of the issue and looking into it, cause right now it looks like nobody is watching the infrastructure and they're out on holidays.

(Yes, I opened a ' ' ' priority department ' ' ' ticket almost 24 hours ago)

Comments

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited December 2021

I'm on Node: LA10GKVM4 & LA10GKVM23 and everything is fine here.
    Sometimes a node has hardware issues and it takes more then one stab for the DC to fix it.

VirMach does monitor the nodes to the point I don't even ticket anymore when I have the rare outage. They know there is a problem and will fix it asap. Depending on the reason for the problem that may be an hour, or a day, or longer, but rest assured it will get fixed.

EDIT: Did you notice that ' priority department ' states:
    "Emergency situations and management ($15/15 minutes)"

I would suggest to avoid fees in the future that you use:
    "Service offline - Report an outage or see why your service is offline."

Thanked by 1Lex
  • VirMach tickets are always slow this time of year, but I really doubt they're out for the holidays, there's always a FLOOD of tickets about BF sales and they get backed up every year. Looks like it might be just your node, I've got services on LA10GKVM21, LAKVM14, LAKVM12, LA10GKVM9, and LAKVM8 plus a dedi, and all are up and running as normal, WHMCS loading them fine as well.

Thanked by 2FrankZ Lex
  • @FrankZ said: it takes more then than one stab

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @AlwaysSkint said:

@FrankZ said: it takes more then than one stab

I fell back on my old ways. Thanks for pointing that "then" out. :)

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • @Lex if you are on node LAKVM23 it now shows in the billing panel:
    "LAKVM23 is undergoing emergency hardware replacement. "

Thanked by 1Lex
  • @FrankZ said:
    @Lex if you are on node LAKVM23 it now shows in the billing panel:

That's spot on, glad they announced it 24 hours later :)

It can be closed, thanks!

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@bakageta said:
    I've got services on LA10GKVM21, LAKVM14, LAKVM12, LA10GKVM9, and LAKVM8 plus a dedi, and all are up and running as normal

Five VPS and one dedi, but you missed the most important product: One Gallon Wet Platinum Lube.
    Everyone is jealous on that one.

• bakagetabakageta Member
    edited December 2021

@yoursunny said:

@bakageta said:
    I've got services on LA10GKVM21, LAKVM14, LAKVM12, LA10GKVM9, and LAKVM8 plus a dedi, and all are up and running as normal

Five VPS and one dedi, but you missed the most important product: One Gallon Wet Platinum Lube.
    Everyone is jealous on that one.

Haha, I've actually got a few more than that, those are just the ones in LA. I just picked up the dedi for black friday, I'll be moving several things to it and killing some of the VPS's, I just haven't got to it yet.

Still happy to donate the lube lol

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @bakageta said:

Used or unused?

Thanked by 2plumberg rooted
  • @Lex said:

@FrankZ said:
    @Lex if you are on node LAKVM23 it now shows in the billing panel:

That's spot on, glad they announced it 24 hours later :)

It can be closed, thanks!

You will be given a week for free for the inconvenience caused by the restoration work will be completed

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@cablepick said:

@bakageta said:

Used or unused?

Either way, you can sell it on eBay.

Otherwise, my current signature says:

All I want for Christmas is One Gallon Wet Platinum Lube.

Send it to me.
    It's useful for lubricating DC motors.
    It's also an alternative of body lotion, which is a necessity in dry climate.