Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Giveaway] Trying to spread some Xmas cheer!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Giveaway] Trying to spread some Xmas cheer!

So I have been on/off LET since I joined. I have really enjoyed being part of this community so I decided to give something back. And since I am away from family this xmas, it seems to be the perfect way to spread some xmas cheer and give back to the community here.

So I have three machines that I'd like to give away:

1. Racknerd

1 GB KVM VPS (NY/DAL) - (11/26/2021 - 11/25/2022) Extra IPv4: None CPU Cores: 1 CPU Core (Included) Operating System: AlmaLinux OS 8 Location: New York (Test IP: 192.3.81.8)

2. Racknerd

[INTEL-SSD] 2.5 GB KVM VPS Special (03/23/2021 - 03/23/2022) (From the march madness sale.

I hope @dustinc can help with the transfers!

1. AlphaVPS

2GB RAM - 2x Ryzen 3.8GHz+ vCores - 30GB NVMe - 2TB Bandwidth (THIS one is subject to @AlexBarakov approving a transfer to someone. Since I am selling it, I hope he will allow the transfer.)

In order to receive one of the machines, I only ask that you post a picture of christmas decorations in your house or around the neighborhood(none where I am so it'll help my homesickness) and briefly tell me what you'll use the machine for!

I'll choose the three best answers and announce the winners on 26th!

Merry xmas, ya'll!

Comments

• oriendoriend Member
    edited December 2021

Don't plan to participate, just want to say thanks for the giveaway!

Thanked by 1Astro
  • @oriend said:
    Don't plan to participate, just want to say thanks for the giveaway!

Most welcome!

• Same here. I don't have chistmas in my house this year. Due to some personal problems. Anyway.. Thanks for the giveaway

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate
  • GrufunkelGrufunkel Member
    edited December 2021

Thanks for your giveaway! However, I don't have a picture. But really appreciate the GA.

I want to use the VPS as a VPN server and for some DIY projects.

• People who don't have a picture can just mention what exactly they need a VPS for!

• suutsuut Member
    edited December 2021

Good idea! If I can win one, I can add one that I do not need.

Giveaway webhosting24 GOLDENOX20 (10 EUR/year)
    1 vCore (fair share CPU usage) Intel Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz
    1GB RAM memory
    20 GB SSD RAID5 Storage
    2TB monthly BW @ 1Gbit/s
    1 IPv4 Address
    1 IPv6 /48 subnet
    Next Due Date2022-02-01
    10 EURO per year

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

McDonald's next door from my apartment.

• @BarkingIron said:
    People who don't have a picture can just mention what exactly they need a VPS for!

If i have a vps with good specs. I'll use it for my dev and educational stuffs. And for deep learning about linux

• Don't have a picture, but would need a VPS for developing my C/C++ programs, compile and then test run the programs on an Ubuntu server. :)

• KENTKINGKENTKING Member
    edited December 2021

Merry Christmas!

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @KENTKING said:
    Merry Christmas!

Is this your photo or a random one? Its so well taken!

• @BarkingIron said:

@KENTKING said:
    Merry Christmas!

Is this your photo or a random one? Its so well taken!

Hey, buddy, This is not my photo,But I really like it!It makes me feel very warm.

• logixmedialogixmedia Member
    edited December 2021

Sorry no pics here as its pretty lowkey celebrations because of covid. If i get onw will use the vps for monitoring .

May this season be full of light and laughter for you and your family and everyone.

• Merry Christmas to you and your beloved ones. Appreciate your kindness and hope it makes a positive difference to "someone" here.

And if that "someone" could be me, I'll be so glad and feel lucky, and here are some of the positive differences that would happen to me.
    1. An API gateway for my product.
    2. Backup server to host my backend.
    3. I'll add your LET username to my internal API structure. If I (a solopreneur) make it big, this giveaway will make its mark and encourage more of such giveaways. :)
    4. I'll feel happy to have my name on the winner's list on my birthday (26th Dec) :#

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

Sure thing, if the receiver of the VPS from us can pass regular fraud checks, it's all good.

Thanked by 1Astro
  • Thanks for the giveaway. I'm learning Linux so it'll help me if I can get my hands on an actual server.
    Merry Christmas 🌲

• Merry Christmas <3

• aj6828aj6828 Member
    edited December 2021

I'm away from my family and I live abroad this Christmas for the first time on my life is the hardest one as I seperated from my partner and I live by my self, the machine will be used for a game server..
    This is a picture of our office Christmas tree..

• kheng86kheng86 Member
    edited December 2021

A store here selling decorations and miniatures related to Christmas!! I'll be using the VPS to run and test some docker apps :) Thanks for your giveaways <3

• webminfowebminfo Member
    edited December 2021

I don't have any photos at my home, sorry but this one from my group
    (Ho Chi Minh City)

I hope will win the AlphaVPS to replace the one from RackNerd is going to expire (I guess I am unable to renew it).

Merry Christmas!

Thanked by 1steny
  • Last day folks! Get your entries in. :)

• Thanks for the giveaway. I would be using the machine to learn Web Development, Learning Linux

• Here is a pic of my local towns tree

• Thanked by 1Grufunkel
  • @Andrews said:

Lol. That's just bonkers!

• djndjn Member

Was there a winner for this ?

• Ah sorry forgot about this.

Three winners!

@kheng86
    @aj6828
    @abtdw

Will get in touch via PM!

Thanked by 1tototo
  • Thank you @BarkingIron What a great way to start this year. Feeling so happy. It means a lot to me and I'll make sure that the provided resource is put to good use. Happy new year everyone! o:)

• @abtdw said:
    Thank you @BarkingIron What a great way to start this year. Feeling so happy. It means a lot to me and I'll make sure that the provided resource is put to good use. Happy new year everyone! o:)

DMed you!