Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any top LET providers offering pre-configured VPS service?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any top LET providers offering pre-configured VPS service?

I am looking for VPS providers who can provide me a order link with custom add-on so that an end-user can purchase a pre-configured VPS.

To be clear, I am not looking for a reseller VPS. What I want is a special order link which have a fixed OS and pre-installed softwares. However, a customer can select location and other spec. I will provide the initial server setup script as part of the add-on.

Once the server is provisioned and booted then my services should start so that the end-user doesn't have to do anything.

I want to be able to set a price for the add-on and generate revenue.

Comments

• deankdeank Member, Troll

So, you wanna be a reseller?

• Not really a VPS reseller. Customer will purchase directly from the VPS provider. Also, the VPS provider doesn't need to list it in their available services. There will be just a special order link that I can share with interested audience on my own.

• You can do this through Vultr/DigitalOcean/Linode who has easier APIs for you to work with.

Or you can also get people to do this via SolusVM but then you'll need their actual support to help update things.

• I am aware of DigitalOcean marketplace but I want customers to benefit from lower prices. Since my services have higher spec requirements.

Just set up a host if you don't wanna be a reseller.

It takes, what, half an hour to set up a host.

• jmgcaguiclajmgcaguicla Member
    edited December 2021

You're basically trying to sell a cloud-init script.

• mekrmekr Member
    edited December 2021

I want to focus on my PaaS and don't want to deal with IaaS complexities. I would appreciate recommendation for a DigitalOcean marketplace alternative by LET providers.

• @mekr just contact a hosting provider you like to work with and ask if they're willing to work with you on a custom solution where your cloud-init script handles everything.

Thanked by 2mekr yoursunny

Really. Might as well set up your own host at this point. Your needs are too specific for a reseller account.

• @mekr said:
    I am looking for VPS providers who can provide me a order link with custom add-on so that an end-user can purchase a pre-configured VPS.

To be clear, I am not looking for a reseller VPS. What I want is a special order link which have a fixed OS and pre-installed softwares. However, a customer can select location and other spec. I will provide the initial server setup script as part of the add-on.

Once the server is provisioned and booted then my services should start so that the end-user doesn't have to do anything.

I want to be able to set a price for the add-on and generate revenue.

So essentially like an affiliate, with a custom setup?

Nah, a reseller.

Always a reseller. The dude wants to be a reseller.

• mekrmekr Member
    edited December 2021

@seriesn, Exactly. The ability to collect the add-on license revenue in the form of affiliate income will be awesome.

• @mekr said:
    @seriesn, Exactly. The ability to collect the add-on license revenue in the form of affiliate income will be awesome.

Drop me a pm with what you are looking and expected monthly business average :)

Thanked by 1mekr
  • painfreepcpainfreepc Member
    edited December 2021

you get a Good DC or a few vps's from a great company to start and you offer simple hosting, i don't understand what more you are asking for.

this kind of what i do, i don't give then root access, it's simple hosting, but more power that a big reseller package.

• @painfreepc, I guess scaling it would be a challenge.

• ShakibShakib Member, Patron Provider

We can build a template with all your custom configuration and make custom packages, order link etc. Everything will be fully automated.

We have plenty of available resources on our i9 and Ryzen nodes.

We might not be the top LET provider, but we are not a new provider either.

HostCram is 6 years old now. I am packing like 9 ish years of experience myself.

Thanked by 1mekr
  • @Shakib, Thank you for the offer. I will DM you once I am ready with the software.

Thanked by 1Shakib
  • avelineaveline Member, Patron Provider

We can do this too, drop us a PM if you want to discuss more about it :-)

Thanked by 1mekr
  • So a reseller :D

• @KermEd said:
    So a reseller :D

Nope. Custom software.

• @jmgcaguicla said:
    You're basically trying to sell a cloud-init script.

If you want to sell something (anything) and you can find someone to buy it, why not.

• painfreepcpainfreepc Member
    edited December 2021

@vedran said: If you want to sell something (anything) and you can find someone to buy it, why not.

wish i could sell my farts.. LOL
    sorry could not help it.

• OP is a reseller then.