Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Needing a ARM based Web CP for managing Nginx + PHP + MySQL among other stuff.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Needing a ARM based Web CP for managing Nginx + PHP + MySQL among other stuff.

Currently i am not using anything, though I have used AAPanel, which works for what it is, but its not great, I've used tinycp in the past and it's been pretty good, though it only supports MariaDB which is painful as I love using MySQL 8, and I've tried Hestia, but the design behind Hestia could be improved a lot, especially for different software's you can host on the box. So what I'm asking for is if there is a alternative that is free and or open source, but also not feature limited, has clear and concise dialogues in English, and isn't going to become a headache years down the line.

Oh and i should add for reference.

Host: Oracle Cloud

OS Software: Ubuntu 20-04.3

Arch: AARCH64

CPU: 4 OCI Cores.

Ram: 24GB's

Disk Space: 58 GB's

Comments

• davidavi Member
    edited December 2021

https://hestiacp.com/ now support ARM. Sorry just read your post fully and found that you already tried Hestiacp and do not like that.

• Virtual min is what I use in production

• AlauraAlaura Member
    edited December 2021

@jugganuts said:
    Virtual min is what I use in production

I've used virtualmin after I decided to ditch AAPanel, and the big reason for ditching it was it was more I guess complicated? The way the vhost system and all that wasn't all that great, as well as the management for the RP proxy systems weren't as easy to use, I mean, I get it, the way your supposed to do stuff is code your RP's manually, and then let Virtualmin / Webmin take care of just hosting the domain, but it was a headache to honestly try to figure out what went where, how this worked here, etc, Though I'm not shaming Virtualmin / Webmin, it's a great piece of software, but it was just too much of a headache to deal with as coding stuff into a .conf with a lot more configuration already done on the file is messy and hard to deal with, and if something breaks, you have no idea where or what broke in the config.

• 99% of hosting panels should run on arm....

• @duckeeyuck said:
    99% of hosting panels should run on arm....

It depends. For example HestiaCP need extra packages for the backend that was running on.

Getting it working was quite easy I think it took me about 5 to 6 hours.

Second step was to automate it. Unless you want to work 6 hours doing it manually it doesn't make sense to support it..

That took about 8 hours more thanks due the free ARM server from the provider named above and a Drone.io setup....

• @eris said: It depends. For example HestiaCP need extra packages for the backend that was running on.

Debian might already have all of the packages required for hestiacp in their arm repos.
    Maybe I'm wrong.

• BoogeymanBoogeyman Member
    edited December 2021

@Alaura said: that is free and or open source, but also not feature limited, has clear and concise dialogues in English, and isn't going to become a headache years down the line.

Good luck with your expectations. Stand in queue and wait few years.

@duckeeyuck said: Debian might already have all of the packages required for hestiacp in their arm repos.
    Maybe I'm wrong.

I am not sure about the other packages but HestiaCP is also distributed as deb package. Also control panel vendors(not everyone) compile their own package from source backporting bug fixes from newer versions.

• Hestia does only compile the packages for the backend. Everything else is mainly form Debian packages or by the maintainers them self.

Otherwise I would have a 3 extra day job ... :(

• I tried many free control panels and still chose aapanel.

• v3ngv3ng Member, Patron Provider

Keyhelp is also arm compatible

• Can't stand panels. Pure CLI here. Can't even stand WP/Joomla etc. Love Hugo on CLI/emacs. <3

Thanked by 1tux