Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Random attacks on my IP
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Random attacks on my IP

Hello,

I recently picked up a OVH VPS that I use for some small/irrelevant projects. But the IP keeps receiving DDoS attacks daily, and has been for a week. Had to activate permanent mitigation a few days ago because one of the attacks almost took down the webserver.

Anyone else had this problem? Should I just ask for a new IP maybe?

Comments

• tinywasel?

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @Wicked said:
    Hello,

I recently picked up a OVH VPS that I use for some small/irrelevant projects. But the IP keeps receiving DDoS attacks daily, and has been for a week. Had to activate permanent mitigation a few days ago because one of the attacks almost took down the webserver.

Anyone else had this problem? Should I just ask for a new IP maybe?

Buy a Fail Over IP , have your management access there and enable cloud flare on main IP this way you FTP and SSH on Fail Over IP and have Main IP as web server with cloud flare enable.

Also enable permanent firewall is not enough

you need to enable firewall rules . allow only certain ports and block all traffic .

This way less attacks and mitigation works on its own.

Thanked by 1Wicked