Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

any DMCA ignored VPS? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

any DMCA ignored VPS?

2»

Comments

• We didn't heared anymore about OP, i think he found a server with 8GB RAM and 100GB SSD per 50€ yearly in Atlantic Sea..

Thanked by 2yoursunny JasonM
  • @RedSox said:
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    # Yet-Another-Bench-Script #
    # v2021-12-03 #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #

Fri 17 Dec 2021 07:05:05 AM UTC

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Processor : AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor
    CPU cores : 8 @ 3593.250 MHz
    AES-NI : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM : 15.7 GiB
    Swap : 0.0 KiB
    Disk : 931 GiB

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4kb (IOPS) | 64kb (IOPS)
    ------ | --- ---- | ---- ----
    Read | 297.16 MB/s (74.2k) | 1.40 GB/s (21.8k)
    Write | 297.94 MB/s (74.4k) | 1.40 GB/s (21.9k)
    Total | 595.10 MB/s (148.7k) | 2.80 GB/s (43.8k)
    | |
    Block Size | 512kb (IOPS) | 1mb (IOPS)
    ------ | ----- ---- | --- ----
    Read | 1.70 GB/s (3.3k) | 1.68 GB/s (1.6k)
    Write | 1.79 GB/s (3.4k) | 1.79 GB/s (1.7k)
    Total | 3.49 GB/s (6.8k) | 3.48 GB/s (3.3k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider | Location (Link) | Send Speed | Recv Speed
    | | |
    Clouvider | London, UK (10G) | 988 Mbits/sec | 955 Mbits/sec
    Online.net | Paris, FR (10G) | 944 Mbits/sec | 948 Mbits/sec
    WorldStream | The Netherlands (10G) | 978 Mbits/sec | 959 Mbits/sec
    WebHorizon | Singapore (1G) | busy | busy
    Clouvider | NYC, NY, US (10G) | 957 Mbits/sec | 979 Mbits/sec
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 910 Mbits/sec | 921 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 906 Mbits/sec | 901 Mbits/sec
    Iveloz Telecom | Sao Paulo, BR (2G) | 540 Mbits/sec | 555 Mbits/sec

I suppose, Geekbench failed due to lack of SWAP
    @yoursunny @adanforest @henix @dahartigan

Order link?

• @RedSox sick machine. What provider is that?

• @sandoz said:
    50€ yearly with 4GB RAM? Good luck...

https://alexhost.com/vps/ (DMCA ignored yearly VPS with 1.5GB RAM 11.88€ Yearly)

https://Incognet.io

https://flokinet.is

https://2x4.ru

Is not easy to find 4GB RAM yearly and offshore!

Using Alexhost no problems so far, so good. Probably Colocation with them very soon.
    What about Incognet USA For freedom of speech? @MannDude I have heared they have new locations, you should use alexhost to your VPN servers or Colocation with them.

Also using Flokinet as reverse proxy, their support are not fast.

• @HostMT3 said:
    What about Incognet USA For freedom of speech? @MannDude I have heared they have new locations, you should use alexhost to your VPN servers or Colocation with them.

Incognet is "free speech" hosting but will not host illegal content, they don't own IP space/hardware or run their own network so they're at the mercy of their upstreams (Hetzner and WorldStream, plus whoever they're using in the US). Freedom of speech = being able to say whatever you want as long as the content is legal, it doesn't mean piracy/abuse friendly. @MannDude feel free to chime in if I got anything wrong

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

@LiliLabs said:

@HostMT3 said:

Incognet is "free speech" hosting but will not host illegal content, they don't own IP space/hardware or run their own network so they're at the mercy of their upstreams (Hetzner and WorldStream, plus whoever they're using in the US). Freedom of speech = being able to say whatever you want as long as the content is legal, it doesn't mean piracy/abuse friendly. @MannDude feel free to chime in if I got anything wrong

We own our IPs in Netherlands and have our own ASN, just haven't announced anything under it as to not interrupt service since the ASN came after the IPs were announced elsewhere. Future expansion in NL will be under our own ASN.

Other than Hetzner in Finland, we've gone out of our way to do business with people who support what we're doing and Hetzner will be replaced once we find a decent home.

Hardware is mostly leased/rented, as a boot strapped business that got started by me working in a machine shop (still do) I can't afford to drop tens of thousands of dollars on new hardware. I don't take a pay, I live cheaply, and everything we earn is saved and re-invested back into the business. Owned hardware will come next year.

• I don't take a pay, I live cheaply, and everything we earn is saved and re-invested back into the business. Owned hardware will come next year.

Liked it, almost like me except i dont do business. I wish to use your server to host a dmca ignored movie site with 10gb disk only

• You should look for something outside Europe and the US for that, ignoring abuses or DMCA isn't legal at all in most European countries, Most likely ignored cases will be escalated to the upstream provider and actions will be taken against the downtream.

• @MannDude said:
    We own our IPs in Netherlands and have our own ASN, just haven't announced anything under it as to not interrupt service since the ASN came after the IPs were announced elsewhere. Future expansion in NL will be under our own ASN.

Other than Hetzner in Finland, we've gone out of our way to do business with people who support what we're doing and Hetzner will be replaced once we find a decent home.

Hardware is mostly leased/rented, as a boot strapped business that got started by me working in a machine shop (still do) I can't afford to drop tens of thousands of dollars on new hardware. I don't take a pay, I live cheaply, and everything we earn is saved and re-invested back into the business. Owned hardware will come next year.

Thank you for the insight, it's awesome to see you growing and expanding! Just to confirm (as the original point of the thread), are your services DMCA ignored? Otherwise you might find yourself with a few unsavory customers from this thread.

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

@LiliLabs said:
    Thank you for the insight, it's awesome to see you growing and expanding! Just to confirm (as the original point of the thread), are your services DMCA ignored? Otherwise you might find yourself with a few unsavory customers from this thread.

Only in the NL for the time being.

• @Warcom said:
    You should look for something outside Europe and the US for that, ignoring abuses or DMCA isn't legal at all in most European countries, Most likely ignored cases will be escalated to the upstream provider and actions will be taken against the downtream.

Europe is fine to ignore DMCA. Those case that escalate to upstream only happen in severe cases. Also they change it.

• @sandoz said:

https://alexhost.com/vps/ (DMCA ignored yearly VPS with 1.5GB RAM 11.88€ Yearly)

any review about alexhost? need 10gb dmca ignored hosting

• @bdspice said:

@sandoz said:

@HostMT3 said he as using them also @Wicked can give his opinion about alexhost.

Alexhost ignores DMCA, the other way than waiting answer from Wicked or other is searching "alexhost review"

Thanked by 1bdspice
  • @sandoz said:

@bdspice said:

@sandoz said:

@HostMT3 said he as using them also @Wicked can give his opinion about alexhost.

Alexhost ignores DMCA, the other way than waiting answer from Wicked or other is searching "alexhost review"

I don't use it to host any shady stuff so I can't comment on the DMCA part. But for me everything has been running well for a few months now. No interaction with support so far.

Thanked by 1bdspice
  • @Wicked said:

@sandoz said:

@bdspice said:

@sandoz said:

I don't use it to host any shady stuff so I can't comment on the DMCA part. But for me everything has been running well for a few months now. No interaction with support so far.

My bad, as you should calculate I can't know what users of this forum does or not in their VPS.

But I can confirm that Alexhost is DMCA Ignored that is what I only know. I had VPS with them, always good.

But how long you are with them?

Thanked by 1bdspice
  • HostMT3HostMT3 Member
    edited December 2021

@bdspice said:

@sandoz said:

Yes, Currently have dedicated server with Alexhost, they really ignore dmca, if you check their footer page. Alexhost is quite good for the price, is not the best, but isn't bad.

Overall, good uptime, decent prices.. No troubles until now.

Thanked by 1bdspice
  • @sandoz @HostMT3 DMCA ignoring is actually nothing special. It is much more important that the hoster does not pass the private user data. Example : With kinox.to, it's not about ignoring DMCA requests, it's about fending off the authorities and saying we don't care, they don't do anything illegal on our server they don't host the stuff, we don't give out customer data. This is the important thing.

Thanked by 1bdspice
  • @TeoM said:
    @sandoz @HostMT3 DMCA ignoring is actually nothing special. It is much more important that the hoster does not pass the private user data. Example : With kinox.to, it's not about ignoring DMCA requests, it's about fending off the authorities and saying we don't care, they don't do anything illegal on our server they don't host the stuff, we don't give out customer data. This is the important thing.

Yes, that is what I was trying to tell.. If you are only linking Alexhost doesn't take any action against you, unless court order from Moldova, I asked in an immenso time, but it's worth confirming before buying something!

This is their response:
    https://alexhost.com/dmca/

• @TeoM said:
    @sandoz @HostMT3 DMCA ignoring is actually nothing special. It is much more important that the hoster does not pass the private user data. Example : With kinox.to, it's not about ignoring DMCA requests, it's about fending off the authorities and saying we don't care, they don't do anything illegal on our server they don't host the stuff, we don't give out customer data. This is the important thing.

Yes I know, but at this moment alexhost is pretty fine with that, no issues with DMCA. Thinking in Colocation with them... Very decent prices that Alexhost have, to be honest doesn't expected that, they aren't bad.

Already 1 Month and some days, no takedowns with Alexhost

• AbajoAbajo Member
    edited January 2022

What do you guys think about ihor hosting for DMCA ignoring?