Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

why low end talk doesn't matter (message to providers)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

why low end talk doesn't matter (message to providers)

SirFoxySirFoxy Member
edited December 2021 in Tutorials

Ultimately, you can't make more than $7 a month.

(Let's disregard inflation for a second, like the limit hasn't been set for a minute and everyone here doesn't use Hetzner or OVH.)

Let's divide the server, which is probably not co-located, you can make what a 25% return maybe after labor? (Maybe.)

This is really a poor decision unless it's at scale.

Your best bet would be raising your prices and developing an actual marketing plan and not believing in "free eyes".

My two cents,
Foxy

Comments

• peenus

Thanked by 1masala_dosai
  • @dosai said:
    peenus

peenus 💯

• peenus 👌

• @jmgcaguicla said:
    peenus 👌

100 emoji 👌

• peenuseses

• @LTniger said:
    peenuseses

fat peenus

• Where is my peenus?

• @CheepCluck said:
    Where is my peenus?

Thanked by 2CheepCluck JasonM
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

LET is not to make profit, of course, but it is for fun, or it was, at least :)
    When people started to turn it into profit making it went downhill.
    I know both me and Uncle had fun here for a few years :P If the new leadership will manage to become provider independent and make people a tad more civil and repsectful, we might be back some day, who knows :)

Thanked by 3yoursunny rcy026 ariq01
  • @Maounique said:
    LET is not to make profit, of course, but it is for fun, or it was, at least :)
    When people started to turn it into profit making it went downhill.

it was never about making profits. it was always about making drama.
    When the price is low, and expectations are high, PMS is always around the corner.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Look, LET cant make profit, attempts to do that will kill it and wont be fun either.
    It can be run for free, take a backseat and only take care of abusers and excessive maliciousness, then it will be again a fun place to be. Nobody would mind some ads for the hosting side and the effort put to run it, but pushing for profit will not "profit" anyone.

• CheepCluckCheepCluck Member
    edited December 2021

where oh where can my peenus be
    with its purple head so big
    and it shaft so small

Thanked by 2Nekki dahartigan
  • @CheepCluck said:
    with its purple head so big
    and it shaft so small

Hi butiful u r sexi
    Please send your bobs
    Please send vegana
    Quickly lasagne bitch I not repeat.

• @Maounique said: Look, LET cant make profit, attempts to do that will kill it and wont be fun either.

Seems like many providers come on LET just to fill up spare capacity or to subsidize their new locations/servers by filling up some capacity. That probably works out well if they get clients elsewhere.

If their entire clientele is LET, that's when things go wrong.

This discussion has been closed.