Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who is NameCheap's VPS supplier?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Who is NameCheap's VPS supplier?

ArkasArkas Moderator

I'm sure they don't own their own hardware, their main business is domains. Anyone know who they get their VPSs from?
Thanks.

Comments

• CoastHostingCoastHosting Member, Host Rep

i do believe they run their own infrastructure, colo but its dam slow!

Thanked by 1Arkas
  • ArkasArkas Moderator

@davenz said: i do believe they run their own infrastructure, colo but its dam slow!

Are you sure? I always thought they rented out, but I'm probably wrong.

• CoastHostingCoastHosting Member, Host Rep

@Arkas said:

@davenz said: i do believe they run their own infrastructure, colo but its dam slow!

Are you sure? I always thought they rented out, but I'm probably wrong.

Well that's what i mean rent servers supplier not entirely sure. very oversold though

• CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider

Namecheap ASN > https://db-ip.com/as22612 94k IPv4

I don't really think they are resellers, and they would certainly allow 1-2 servers to put them at a colocation of 100e / month

Thanked by 1Arkas
  • I believe Namecheap uses the PhoenixNAP datacenter for its server infrastructure.

Thanked by 1Arkas
  • serversupportzserversupportz Member, Host Rep

@Arkas said:
    I'm sure they don't own their own hardware, their main business is domains. Anyone know who they get their VPSs from?
    Thanks.

Namecheap have own DC.
    https://www.namecheap.com/blog/dallas-data-center/

Thanked by 1PearlMoon
  • Once I thought that namecheap is a Russian/Ukraine company, because support agents was "Leonid", "Katia" or "Alexey".

Thanked by 1tux
  • PearlMoonPearlMoon Member
    edited December 2021

@LTniger said:
    Once I thought that namecheap is a Russian/Ukraine company, because support agents was "Leonid", "Katia" or "Alexey".

are you worried for slavic-name-support-workers as dark-color-troll-face ? ;)

• @PearlMoon said:

@LTniger said:
    Once I thought that namecheap is a Russian/Ukraine company, because support agents was "Leonid", "Katia" or "Alexey".

are you worried for slavic-name-support-workers as dark-color-troll-face ? ;)

No. Just made a note. Are you legitimately worried? ;)