Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to secure a Kimsufi server transfer ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How to secure a Kimsufi server transfer ?

Hi everyone,

I’m aware it’s possible to transfer Kimsufi servers but if I want to buy one from someone, what do I need to look first to make sure the transaction is not a scam?

Any tips highly appreciated!
Thank you

Comments

• You can't, really. Nobody will initiate the transfer until you pay the money, and by that point its too late unless you chargeback. So if you're skeptical, use a payment method that allows you to complain if something goes wrong (PayPal with the transaction/purchase option for example), make sure they're okay with that (Small red flag if they're not), and opt to swallow the fee for it yourself.

If you can't do something like that, there is no real way to tell for sure whether it's a scam before doing it. Check basic things like their post history and general sanity to try to get an idea of their reliability.

Thanked by 1dominos
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Deal with the seller out here in the open and let the LowEndScam Detector do it's thing.

• Thank you for the answer!

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

I guess I earned enough trust that I sold 3 servers using non-reversible payment methods.

One of these transfers failed to complete, and I refunded when the buyer requested.
    You can guess which one was refunded.

Now, if the payment method is a donation, the refund would be an equal-value tax-deductible donation to a charity of buyer's choice.
    If the payment method is push-ups, the refund would be same number of push-ups.

I'll continue to offer PayPal option when I post a service transfer again.
    However, the @stoned guy is ineligible to use PayPal due to his behaviors, as announced.

• Check their reputation first. No matter what kind of protection you have, don't go for any transfer without mutual trust.

KS/SYS transfers took time, so a lot of patience is needed. If you can't wait or the seller isn't helpful in case of any issue, best not to even start that. This is very common to wait and encounter some issues sometimes.

Thanked by 2dominos chedenaz
  • Thanks everyone for your insights!Very much appreciated!