Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


Looking for 1-3TB storage VPS in Europe
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

Looking for 1-3TB storage VPS in Europe

Hello
I'm trying to find VPS with these specs:
2vCPU Xeon v2 or 1vCPU EPYC/Ryzen/newer Xeons (I want at least 700 GB5 multiscore)
1.5GB/2GB RAM.
1TB-3TB disk, preferably SSD/RAM cached
100Mbps bandwidth
3TB transfer
Europe location
I dont need IPv4
I dont need DDoS protection
LXC/KVM. No OpenVZ.

Budget: $20-$60 annual & PayPal payment option

servarica $48 plan with 2TB looks perfect and exceeds what I need, but sadly its available in Canada so I need something different.
It will be used for backups, monitoring other servers and Node.js dev tests, so overall CPU usage will be very low except some 2-5 minute usage bursts caused by Node.js.

I'm also open to service transfers. Maybe someone has idling storage VPS from HostHatch or someone else? ;)

Comments

  • Mount the storage VPS using NFS on your main VPS where you'll run tests and other stuff?

  • xetsysxetsys Member
    edited December 2021

    Hosthatch might repeat their 2TB-40$-Stockholm BF deal this Christmas. So it would be prudent to wait a little

    Thanked by 1AXYZE
  • @stevewatson301 said:
    Mount the storage VPS using NFS on your main VPS where you'll run tests and other stuff?

    I prefer to have seperate VPS for dev so I can tinker and play around without affecting prod VPS. Oracle x86 is too slow (300 GB5 score) and I need to wait 10 minutes for some builds so I want something that will replace it and give me space to put old backups "just in case".

  • @xetsys said:
    Hosthatch might repeat their 2TB-40$-Stockholm BF deal this Christmas. So it would be prudent to wait a little

    Where was this deal? In their latest BF offer I see that they had 2TB, but for $55, not $40. Still good offer, but you mentioned $40 so maybe I missed something

  • @AXYZE said:

    @xetsys said:
    Hosthatch might repeat their 2TB-40$-Stockholm BF deal this Christmas. So it would be prudent to wait a little

    Where was this deal? In their latest BF offer I see that they had 2TB, but for $55, not $40. Still good offer, but you mentioned $40 so maybe I missed something

    Their flash deal offered 2 TB for around $80/2 years. They had lots of stock and you had an entire hour to buy. But it was only offered for two hours on cyber monday I think.

  • Oh, because of you @stevewatson301 I now remember that I have one idling box from RackNerd in AMS which I can use with some sort of remote storage.

    So I'm also open to purely storage offers which I can connect to this VPS. Something in AMS would be amazing.

  • RedSoxRedSox Member
    edited December 2021

    @AXYZE said: servarica $48 plan with 2TB looks perfect and exceeds what I need, but sadly its available in Canada so I need something different.

    Agree with you. That would be really nice.

    Once I had a storage VPS located in Canada and I could barely watch video files. Since that time I prefer to have a storage VPS which is located as close as possible to my physical location. Is your choice based on the same?

    Btw this case posed a question for me, the answer to which I still don't know. The problem was with 500-700KB/sec of 4K random I/O or the problem was due to the high latency (around 120-140 ms). Did someone experience the same having a VPS on a different continent from their physical location?

  • @AXYZE said:

    @xetsys said:
    Hosthatch might repeat their 2TB-40$-Stockholm BF deal this Christmas. So it would be prudent to wait a little

    Where was this deal? In their latest BF offer I see that they had 2TB, but for $55, not $40. Still good offer, but you mentioned $40 so maybe I missed something

    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3327411/#Comment_3327411

  • RickBakkrRickBakkr Member, LIR

    @LiteServer is your go-to for NL :)

  • @RedSox said:

    @AXYZE said: servarica $48 plan with 2TB looks perfect and exceeds what I need, but sadly its available in Canada so I need something different.

    Agree with you. That would be really nice.

    Once I had a storage VPS located in Canada and I could barely watch video files. Since that time I prefer to have a storage VPS which is located as close as possible to my physical location. Is your choice based on the same?

    Btw this case posed a question for me, the answer to which I still don't know. The problem was with 500-700KB/sec of 4K random I/O or the problem was due to the high latency (around 120-140 ms). Did someone experience the same having a VPS on a different continent from their physical location?

    Could be due to I/O.
    I currently have my VPS which has ~210ms latency from my home. Able to stream 720p videos without any issues.

    Thanked by 1RedSox
  • check time4vps

  • @mgilang said:
    check time4vps

    He explicitely asked for "No OpenVZ."
    Time4vps uses OpenVZ.

    Thanked by 2AXYZE tux
  • @Shot2 said:

    @mgilang said:
    check time4vps

    He explicitely asked for "No OpenVZ."
    Time4vps uses OpenVZ.

    Not only they use OpenVZ, but also its old version with 2.6 kernel on these Storage VPSes... Completly outdated.

  • @AXYZE said:

    @Shot2 said:

    @mgilang said:
    check time4vps

    He explicitely asked for "No OpenVZ."
    Time4vps uses OpenVZ.

    Not only they use OpenVZ, but also its old version with 2.6 kernel on these Storage VPSes... Completly outdated.

    Ancient artifact, lol..

  • @Shot2 said:

    @mgilang said:
    check time4vps

    He explicitely asked for "No OpenVZ."
    Time4vps uses OpenVZ.

    woops sorry
    didnt see that line. just skim to this part "It will be used for backups"

  • AXYZEAXYZE Member

    Still looking... but now I'm also interested at higher capacities (3TB+)
    Budget increased to $120 yearly. It can be 1vCPU/1GB ram, I need best TB/$ ratio...

  • I have a hosthatch 2tb 80$/2year in Los Angeles. Would you be interested? Set to Expire on April 28 2023.

  • AXYZEAXYZE Member

    @contactwajeeh said:
    I have a hosthatch 2tb 80$/2year in Los Angeles. Would you be interested? Set to Expire on April 28 2023.

    It needs to be EU location :( LA is completly other side of globe from me.

  • @AXYZE said:

    @contactwajeeh said:
    I have a hosthatch 2tb 80$/2year in Los Angeles. Would you be interested? Set to Expire on April 28 2023.

    It needs to be EU location :( LA is completly other side of globe from me.

    Ah sorry missed that requirement..

  • AstroAstro Member

    @AXYZE said:
    Still looking... but now I'm also interested at higher capacities (3TB+)
    Budget increased to $120 yearly. It can be 1vCPU/1GB ram, I need best TB/$ ratio...

    Looking for the same :/

  • nvmenvme Member

    If Helsinki works, then VMspecialist 2tb @Mr_Tom - https://console.vmspecialist.com/order/main/packages/order/?group_id=2

    ~$100 for 2TB.

    And there was even 50% promo during BF, for 4TB. This - https://console.vmspecialist.com/order/config/index/order/?group_id=5&pricing_id=72
    Not sure if it is available, can give it a try. 😁

    Thanked by 1Mr_Tom
  • Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Provider

    Thanks @nvme

    The 2tb on that page is in the UK. There is 3tb in Helsinki but it'd be over budget but it does have 4 core/4gb RAM.

    The 50% coupon from BF has expired now I'm afraid.

Sign In or Register to comment.