Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please recommend the DDOS protection service of the game server (GTA:SA).
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Please recommend the DDOS protection service of the game server (GTA:SA).

uni14uni14 Member
edited December 2021 in Help

Someone advised me that if the game server hosting bandwidth was 10Gbps, it would be safe against huge DDOS attacks.

So, I tried to use 'OVH SOYOUSTART' or 'AMAZON AWS' for the first time, but I can only see 250Mbps or 1Gbps bandwidth.

In the end, I searched on Google and found that the 5Gbps of "ZET SERVER" was 529 euros. It seems that there is no GTA:SA filter (policy) in the ZET SERVER.

It's a difficult world for beginners.

Comments

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

FYI SA:MP has a specific vulnerability. Normally it's not a leak but a join spam (due to single packet join) It requires a specific mitigation pattern (since AFAIK they have never and will never fix it). If thats what you are seeing https://www.x4b.net/kb/DashboardPages/Layer7Protection

• jmgcaguiclajmgcaguicla Member
    edited December 2021

You seem to have misconstrued the advice from the other thread, the 10Gbps recommendation is to mitigate attacks coming from within OVH since their DDoS protection doesn't protect you from those nor does OVH give a shit about them. Your service will still go down even if you get a 10Gbps server from another provider that has no DDoS protection.

I suggest instead of throwing your money at random providers is you hire someone competent enough to manage it for you, probably save you a few bucks and some headaches.

• @SplitIce said:
    FYI SA:MP has a specific vulnerability. Normally it's not a leak but a join spam (due to single packet join) It requires a specific mitigation pattern (since AFAIK they have never and will never fix it). If thats what you are seeing https://www.x4b.net/kb/DashboardPages/Layer7Protection

I roughly understand what you're saying.
    So what's the solution to my question?
    Anyway, I've seen a lot of safe ovh SA:MP servers in DDOS almost 24 hours a day.

• @jmgcaguicla said:
    You seem to have misconstrued the advice from the other thread, the 10Gbps recommendation is to mitigate attacks coming from within OVH since their DDoS protection doesn't protect you from those nor does OVH give a shit about them. Your service will still go down even if you get a 10Gbps server from another provider that has no DDoS protection.

I suggest instead of throwing your money at random providers is you hire someone competent enough to manage it for you, probably save you a few bucks and some headaches.

Oh, so if I use $100 OVH Game SERVER instead of $600 OVH Game SERVER, is that enough defense against huge ddos attacks?

A competent person?
    Do you mean to hire someone who knows how to handle oh game server ddos setting well?

Thank you. :)

• @uni14 said:
    Oh, so if I use $100 OVH Game SERVER instead of $600 OVH Game SERVER, is that enough defense against huge ddos attacks?

Maybe, maybe not. I believe you haven't specified/figured out what kind of attack you're getting, is it just pure bruteforce pps at a lower level (L3) or at the application level like SplitIce mentioned?

A competent person?
    Do you mean to hire someone who knows how to handle oh game server ddos setting well?

Yes, the way you're wording your replies seems like you just really want the server up instead of learning all the tech behind it and that's totally understandable. Which is why I recommended that you get someone else to do it for you.

• @jmgcaguicla said: Maybe, maybe not. I believe you haven't specified/figured out what kind of attack you're getting, is it just pure bruteforce pps at a lower level (L3) or at the application level like SplitIce mentioned?

I've never attacked, so I don't know.
    The game server is GTA:SA, and it will be almost a UDP bombing.

And I don't know well.
    When I buy an ovh server, install Linux, and enter the iptables Linux firewall, And some hosting settings, and finally automatically protects DDOS.
    I think it.This is my current level. sad.

• FoxelVoxFoxelVox Member
    edited December 2021

Combahton (fastpipe.ip) offers this, give them a line

& https://wiki.combahton.net/antiddos.html

They can build you custom filters also for L7

• Check BuyVM, you can buy smallest plan with additional AntDDoS Path.net IP and set up GRE tunnel or VPN to your dedicated server.

• Look at X4B, Path.net or HyperFilter

• BinaryBinary Member, Host Rep

Depending on your needs, we can offer filtered services in Dallas, TX.
    Send me a DM if interested.