Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Oracle Free Tier - recreate ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Oracle Free Tier - recreate ?

Hi all,

I had two Always free Tier VM's in my Oracle account.
I terminated one of them: it remains in my list as with status "Terminated".

However: when I try to create a new one, this new one is not in my free tier ?

What am I missing ?

Thanks

Comments

• Oracle has non-free tier too, it'll not show the Always Free-Eligible icon when you are creating a VM.

• AXYZEAXYZE Member
    edited December 2021

@wlambrechts said:
    Hi all,

I had two Always free Tier VM's in my Oracle account.
    I terminated one of them: it remains in my list as with status "Terminated".

However: when I try to create a new one, this new one is not in my free tier ?

What am I missing ?

Thanks

Its in Free Tier. Youre missing nothing.

• Don't waste your time with Oracle's free tier. They will suspend your VPS and account anytime they want.

• @vinvideo said:
    Don't waste your time with Oracle's free tier. They will suspend your VPS and account anytime they want.

It's totally free. What do you expect?

• @giang said:

@vinvideo said:
    Don't waste your time with Oracle's free tier. They will suspend your VPS and account anytime they want.

It's totally free. What do you expect?

100% uptime and < 1 minute support response time

• it's good for testing even if it get suspended then again we here always has vm's which does nothing....

Thanked by 1tux
  • farsighterfarsighter Member
    edited December 2021

It's there just as a log item and will disappear sometime.
    After first 30 days system won't let you create a paid VM before actively changing tier.

• gianggiang Veteran
    edited December 2021

@farsighter said:
    It's there just as a log item and will disappear sometime.
    After first 30 days system won't let you create a paid VM before actively changing tier.

I still got 2 AMD and 1 ARM free tier on my account for more than 2 months.

It's free and it's good for testing stuff. Like compile apps for ARM (nginx, php...).

Thanked by 1tux
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited December 2021

@wlambrechts said: However: when I try to create a new one, this new one is not in my free tier ?

Which one you terminated and which are you creating?

x86 VMs do show up as "Free Tier" in the list of VMs, but ARM VMs do not show that. Even though both are free, unless you go over the amount of provided specs for ARM. But even doing that should not be possible unless you are still on the trial period, or upgrade your account to paid.