Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reputable hosting in US
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Reputable hosting in US

Hello,

I am not sure if this question should be in Requests or Help section, so moderators please move it if necessary.

I am looking for a reputable hosting provider in US. My client is a customer of Hostgator for over 10 years already, and the service is getting more and more slow constantly.

Me myself am from Europe, and basically I don't know US market, so would like to hear what are the best options. It doesn't have to be low end provider (currently Hostgator Business plan is being used), quality is more of priority.

I know, I COULD use a VPS from e.g. hetzner, but I don't want to be responsible for the security of the service, so would better choose not to do that.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• @MrEd said:
    Hello,
    I am looking for a reputable hosting provider in US.

You're in the right place! Take a look for offers from most reputable providers in THE US

https://lowendtalk.com/categories/shared-hosting-offers

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

@MrEd said:
    Hello,

I am not sure if this question should be in Requests or Help section, so moderators please move it if necessary.

I am looking for a reputable hosting provider in US. My client is a customer of Hostgator for over 10 years already, and the service is getting more and more slow constantly.

Me myself am from Europe, and basically I don't know US market, so would like to hear what are the best options. It doesn't have to be low end provider (currently Hostgator Business plan is being used), quality is more of priority.

I know, I COULD use a VPS from e.g. hetzner, but I don't want to be responsible for the security of the service, so would better choose not to do that.

Thanks in advance.

What kind of specs are you looking for?

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

@MrEd said:

We can surely help you if you could disclose more information on the type of website, the amount of traffic, the location where you would want it to be hosted.

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

I've got an old BuyShared account from years and years ago that I don't really use but it was, and I'm sure still is, pretty solid. I'd imagine NexusBytes will treat you well also, they come pretty highly recommended by most as well.

Shameless plug: We've just launched in the United States with a Dallas, TX location. A pretty solid network mix and good connectivity to the US and Europe. A lot of features including self-managed backups and automated, offsite daily backups as well. All the features here: https://incognet.io/cloudlinux-shared

• @Jord said: What kind of specs are you looking for?

Just went through some statistics. Usage is really low;

Resource        Used                Free    Total
    Disk Space  39.15 GB        32.6%   80.85 GB    120.00 GB
    Disk Inodes 456,055         36.5%   793,945 1,250,000
    Disk I/O    5.8 Kbps        0%  80.0 Mbps   80.0 Mbps

Bandwidth usage is up to 200-400MB per month (last several months).

Hosted one domain with a subdomain.

Its an old system (as mentioned, running 10 years already), so it is on PHP5, probably adding mysql_shim would be sufficient, but I don't remember what else could be used.

By the way, @ShockHosting , this was also meant to be an informative topic for others that are faced with similar problem (knowledge about hosting providers on different continent). Your PM suggesting your own services was... At first glance, if I remember correctly, forum rules don't allow services that say "unlimited", and your site shouts everywhere with "unlimited".

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

@MrEd said:

@Jord said: What kind of specs are you looking for?

Just went through some statistics. Usage is really low;

> Resource      Used                Free    Total
    > Disk Space    39.15 GB        32.6%   80.85 GB    120.00 GB
    > Disk Inodes   456,055         36.5%   793,945 1,250,000
    > Disk I/O  5.8 Kbps        0%  80.0 Mbps   80.0 Mbps
    > 

Bandwidth usage is up to 200-400MB per month (last several months).

Hosted one domain with a subdomain.

Its an old system (as mentioned, running 10 years already), so it is on PHP5, probably adding mysql_shim would be sufficient, but I don't remember what else could be used.

By the way, @ShockHosting , this was also meant to be an informative topic for others that are faced with similar problem (knowledge about hosting providers on different continent). Your PM suggesting your own services was... At first glance, if I remember correctly, forum rules don't allow services that say "unlimited", and your site shouts everywhere with "unlimited".

We could certainly help you with that, https://smallweb.net, you can see the plans with have, and we have a few US locations too.

Thanked by 1yoursunny