Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do I use Cloudflare with cPanel (RackNerd)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How do I use Cloudflare with cPanel (RackNerd)

Hey people! I just bought a shared hosting plan from RackNerd during this BF sale and would like to use Cloudflare CDN along with it. There are a few tutorials online but they require SSH access. Why don't hosts install the Cloudflare plugin for cPanel by default? It would be beneficial for both the host and the customer.

Comments

• Lol... all you need is ip address & domain

• @nowthisisfun said: There are a few tutorials online but they require SSH access

Not sure what you are trying to do. But don't.

Take the ip of the server and write it on the Cloudflare DNS panel.

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

Hi @nowthisisfun -- Thank You for being our valued customer! The good news is, it's fairly straight forward to set up your website with Cloudflare, and although we can provide SSH access on shared hosting upon request, this is not needed. You would want to register for a CloudFlare account (if you do not have one already), add your site, configure the Cloudflare DNS records to point to the shared hosting server IP (specified in your welcome email), and then change your domain's nameservers over to the Cloudflare specified nameservers.

@nowthisisfun said: Why don't hosts install the Cloudflare plugin for cPanel by default?

For several reasons. The first reason being, the CloudFlare plugin uses cPanel API 1. cPanel/WHM version 88 and higher has cPanel API 1 framework removed. Secondly, the Cloudflare plugin is no longer being updated, supported, and thus is not receiving any security fixes.

This was as of early 2020:

"Thanks for contacting Cloudflare support.

Cloudflare will no longer be updating our cPanel/WHM plugin and it is soon going to be marked end of life. We have not announced this yet, and we are waiting on an announcement from our partners team - but you should expect that this will not be updated."

If you happen to need further help just update this thread and I’ll do my best to reply right away. Alternatively you can reach out via email [email protected]

• OP,
    you can:
    1. open a free account at Cloudflare, set it and forget it.
    2. use Cloudflare purge-cache plugin and purge CDN as frequently as you want without logging into your Cloudflare dashboard.

• @JasonM said:
    OP,
    you can:
    1. open a free account at Cloudflare, set it and forget it.
    2. use Cloudflare purge-cache plugin and purge CDN as frequently as you want without logging into your Cloudflare dashboard.

It you setup cache invalidation correctly, then you don't need to purge manually, unless you want to go to an extreme: cache all the dynamic content and purge cache when it got updated.