Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[ST-Hosting] IPv6 only LXC Servers and Server Management Offers stating at 0,99€ - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[ST-Hosting] IPv6 only LXC Servers and Server Management Offers stating at 0,99€

2»

Comments

• @adanforest said:

@Ympker said:

@adanforest said:

@sthosting said:
    Sorry, we're trying to do (almost) everything for our customers.. but we can't run our business permanently, when our servers are used to break the german law and our TOS and then we've to fully refund those...

you received DMCA mail 2 times?
    and you didn’t received any DMCA mail almost 10-13 days.
    and You're not DMCA hosting provider.
    And i need DMCA ignored VPS, so just refund it.
    and my all site moved to another vps on 15.12.2021

So you thought Germany is a perfect location to host copyrighted content? There is a reason why people have been using @cociu services for such a long time (even if unstable, before they involucrated).

Bro they don’t have any refund terms, so where can i go?
    ask @sthosting to show refund terms for copyright content.

mate

u arent doing illegal correctly

if u want do illegal, should be easily rich from it

why r u here fighting so hard for refund on cheap vps

maybe consider get proper job, i heard it pays well now

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited December 2021

@adanforest said:

@Ympker said:

@adanforest said:

@Ympker said:

@adanforest said:

@sthosting said:
    Sorry, we're trying to do (almost) everything for our customers.. but we can't run our business permanently, when our servers are used to break the german law and our TOS and then we've to fully refund those...

So you thought Germany is a perfect location to host copyrighted content? There is a reason why people have been using @cociu services for such a long time (even if unstable, before they involucrated).

I am pretty sure they don't have to refund you if, indeed, illegal activity was taking place (I am not saying it was like this).

I said him, show me illegal activity TOS. as they said no refund for illegal activity.

Again, you don't need this to be covered by ToS, since it goes without saying that you have to follow the law.

Regardless, this is what you are probably looking for:

"Jegliche illegalen Dienste sind verboten und führen zu einer sofortigen Sperre des Kontos und aller Dienstleistungen. Wir sind berechtigt Systeme temporär oder permanent zu sperren, die unsere Hostsysteme und die Sicherheit anderer Kunden negativ beeinflussen. Jeder Verstoß gegen die genannten Punkte dieses Absatzes kann zu einer permanenten Sperre des Produktes führen. Eine Rückzahlung des Kaufpreises oder des Restwertes ist in jedem Fall ausgeschlossen. "

Taken from their ToS.

Thanked by 1adanforest
  • @cybertech said:

@adanforest said:

@Ympker said:

@adanforest said:

@sthosting said:

mate

u arent doing illegal correctly

if u want do illegal, should be easily rich from it

why r u here fighting so hard for refund on cheap vps

maybe consider get proper job, i heard it pays well now

I'm agree with you,
    now i've bought new dmca ignored dedicated server, so i don’t need this vps, that's way i'm asking for refund.
    i hope @sthosting can understand.

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate
    edited December 2021

@adanforest said:
    now i've bought new dmca ignored dedicated server, so i don’t need this vps, that's way i'm asking for refund.

How much did you pay for your VPS?

• @brueggus said:

@adanforest said:

36 euro 6 mo

• sthostingsthosting Member, Patron Provider

You should say the truth, when you're posting such things..
    I don't give any details about the true amount (because this would be against our gdpr policy) but this is not the amount you've paid for 6 month..

I can give a hint: Black Friday Special.

@adanforest said:

@brueggus said:

@adanforest said:

36 euro 6 mo

Thanked by 1Logano
  • @sthosting said:
    You should say the truth, when you're posting such things..
    I don't give any details about the true amount (because this would be against our gdpr policy) but this is not the amount you've paid for 6 month..

I can give a hint: Black Friday Special.

@adanforest said:

@brueggus said:

@adanforest said:

36 euro 6 mo

GDPR saving his ass.

• debian 11 available?

@cybertech said:
    debian 11 available?

Sure :)

Thanked by 1cybertech
  • @adanforest said:

@brueggus said:

@adanforest said:

36 euro 6 mo

If this were real life, you effectively bought a car, drove it into the back of a bus and then proceeded to ask for a refund for the car because you can no longer drive it because it is totaled. You bought the car and wrecked it, you don't get another car or your money back. In the same way, you can't do illegal things on a VPS, get caught and then expect to have your money back.

If anything you should be happy they are not handing your info over to local police along with evidence of you breaking the law. I think losing whatever you paid is worth it to not have that happen, right? So take the loss and move on.

Also, 'DMCA ignored' isn't really a thing, the idea is you don't do obviously stupid shit like use public trackers and you may be able to get away with it for a while since they may ignore some of it, but just purposely using public trackers and being stupid about it, it doesn't matter which host you choose, they will quickly want to be rid of you as you have no common sense.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

• Not a lot of providers offer backup as a part of the package! @sthosting added to the top 3 of my list!

Thanked by 2sthosting Ympker

@BarkingIron said:
    Not a lot of providers offer backup as a part of the package! @sthosting added to the top 3 of my list!

Thank you :)

• LoganoLogano Member
    edited December 2021

@sthosting said:
    @adanforest As I said in the support-ticket. Our answer is no. Sorry.

I think you should just report @adanforest to the authorities for his illegal activity. Or give the copyright owners his address. I'm pretty sure privacy laws don't cover hiding illegal activity for anyone. Not even lawyers and CPAs have an obligation to hide their clients' illegal activity.

edited December 2021

Thats not so easy in germany. Due the GDPR, we only can give out any adresses to the authorities or owners, if we have a interim disposal from a prosecutor or the court.

@Logano said:

@sthosting said:
    @adanforest As I said in the support-ticket. Our answer is no. Sorry.

I think you should just report @adanforest to the authorities for his illegal activity. Or give the copyright owners his address. I'm pretty sure privacy laws don't cover hiding illegal activity for anyone. Not even lawyers and CPAs have an obligation to hide their clients' illegal activity.

Thanked by 3Ympker Logano Astro
  • @adanforest said:

I'm agree with you,
    i hope @sthosting can understand.

You're a very funny guy. since you said it's not illegal, mind telling me what you're hosting ?

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@adanforest said: and you didn’t received any DMCA mail almost 10-13 days.

wow, quite a law-abiding citizen there.

• @sthosting said:

@cybertech said:
    debian 11 available?

got one and it's faaaast.

Thanked by 2Ympker sthosting

@cybertech said:

@sthosting said:

@cybertech said:
    debian 11 available?

Hehe enjoy your server :)

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @cybertech said:

@sthosting said:

@cybertech said:
    debian 11 available?

It really is. The IOPS arent as fast as some of my other VPSes but overall it feels pretty god damn fast.

Thanked by 1sthosting
  • Can someone share YABS?

Also do you allow high CPU usage for ffmpeg transcoding?

@noaman said:
    Can someone share YABS?

Also do you allow high CPU usage for ffmpeg transcoding?

Hi, periodically High-CPU load is not a problem if its temporarly.

Update to all: We now offer SSD IPv6 KVM Rootservers: https://signaltransmitter.de/en/ssd-ipv6-kvm-rootserver :)

Thanked by 2xms ascicode