Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Self hosted Dashboard
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Self hosted Dashboard

I'm looking for a preferably free Linux dashboard to use as the homepage of a server.

Features I might want on the dashboard are:
Bitcoin price
Status of other servers
Links to useful information
Password protected
Grouping
Import/Export dashboard tiles
Preferably install via git (docker would be ok)

Comments

• skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep

Forget about it, and even if this exists then it's gon be more than 50 bucks p/m

• @skorupion said:
    Forget about it, and even if this exists then it's gon be more than 50 bucks p/m

I'm asking for a good one I think they exist, just wonder if I have to do it myself.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Do it yourself.

Thanked by 1niknar1900
  • tjntjn Member
    edited December 2021

I don't know of anything that does this "out of the box" - but you could definitely roll your own using Grafana.

This blog post has some cool examples of what people have created, and this is a pre-made example/dashboard to track Bitcoin's price.

• Grafana can be used to generate graphs showing various metrics, however you would still be required to figure out how to obtain the data on your own.

Server status and metrics can be obtained using Prometheus. You're on your own for everything else.

Grafana is NOT an administration dash, however if you're only looking to view metrics, it works well.

• @trycatchthis said: Status of other servers

What status information are you looking for? Just up/down (by port) or detailed CPU/RAM/Disk usage?

• @ramesh_vish said:

@trycatchthis said: Status of other servers

What status information are you looking for? Just up/down (by port) or detailed CPU/RAM/Disk usage?

For now basic stuff like up or down

• Collect data you need and json it to the grafana.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Look for seedbox dashboard projects. They tend to be all over the map in functionality.

• @jar said:
    Look for seedbox dashboard projects. They tend to be all over the map in functionality.

Can you link directly so any related google searches offer no confusion?

• @trycatchthis said:

@ramesh_vish said:

@trycatchthis said: Status of other servers

For now basic stuff like up or down

You could probably start with this - https://www.phpservermonitor.org/ and add your additional checks in there?