Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is there anyone waiting for the HostHatch team to reply to the ticket for more than 1 month???
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is there anyone waiting for the HostHatch team to reply to the ticket for more than 1 month???

I encountered it. A month ago, on October 29th, HostHatch had a network outage with their Hong Kong network, I opened a ticket that day and received a reply 1 hour later while the network was re-connected. It may be a happy ending, but not long after that I found out that my HK VPS had a problem: ssh couldn't login (Pubkey Authentication and disabled password Authentication, it became "Permission denied" after network re-connected, while the same private key login to my other VPSs are all OK), and I found that the "serial console" in the account management system is also not working, it always shows "connecting..." and then always "connecting closed". It's also very strange that my other services running on the VPS are not affected and can still connect and use. After trying for more than one day I determined that I could only ask the HostHatch team for help other than reinstalling the VPS, so I opened a new ticket (Oct 31), but until today (Dec 6) I never got a response from them, including a ticket sent to the feedback department on Nov 4 with a complaint, no response at all!

I've been a customer of HostHatch since December 2015 and have also been using that vps until now, We have been happily getting along during these 6 years until this recent incident. I remember all tickets used to be answered within 24 hours, and now you guys are purposely not answering my tickets? (#720898 and #419374)

Very Very Disappointed!

@hosthatch

Comments

• any recommendations for happy ending?

Thanked by 2bxk6rbd Nekki
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@bxk6rbd said:
    ssh couldn't login (Pubkey Authentication and disabled password Authentication, it became "Permission denied" after network re-connected, while the same private key login to my other VPSs are all OK) It's also very strange that my other services running on the VPS are not affected and can still connect and use.

This sounds like an IP address conflict.
    Your SSH connection is going to a different machine, so that you get access denied.

I found that the "serial console" in the account management system is also not working, it always shows "connecting..." and then always "connecting closed".

Do you mean noVNC console?
    KVM server doesn't have serial console.

If VNC won't connect, it generally means the KVM is powered off.
    Reboot the server in the control panel to resolve.

Thanked by 1bxk6rbd
  • @kheng86 said:
    any recommendations for happy ending?

I think they should reply to my tickets seriously and heartfelt, and help me to solve the issue.

• @yoursunny said:

This sounds like an IP address conflict.
    Your SSH connection is going to a different machine, so that you get access denied.

Do you mean noVNC console?
    KVM server doesn't have serial console.

If VNC won't connect, it generally means the KVM is powered off.
    Reboot the server in the control panel to resolve.

Hi yoursunny

Thanks for your advice. But the question is really not easy as you think, I already reboot the VPS several times, and the IP address is correct, my other services running on that VPS is still usable. And about console, another VPS which I bought in September is OK

• hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Looks like you are on one of the older OpenVZ plans that we no longer sell. We’ll move you to KVM free of charge, upgrade your resources and add one year of free service as compensation.

Truly sorry for the experience you’ve had here.

• this is the failed console:

• wow thats a truly happy ending

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@hosthatch said:
    Looks like you are on one of the older OpenVZ plans that we no longer sell.

My first (and so far only) HostHatch order was 2021-July, so I never knew there were OpenVZ plans…

Thanked by 1bxk6rbd
  • @hosthatch said:
    Looks like you are on one of the older OpenVZ plans that we no longer sell. We’ll move you to KVM free of charge, upgrade your resources and add one year of free service as compensation.

Dear hosthatch team

If that VPS is really very old and the service for that VPS is troublesome, you may communicate with me at that time... Please do not ignore any customers' ticket

After the new VPS is given to me, could you please give me a few more days? I will try my best to back up the data on that VPS as much as possible.

Thanked by 2JasonM hosthatch
  • @yoursunny said:
    My first (and so far only) HostHatch order was 2021-July, so I never knew there were OpenVZ plans…

They also offer shared hosting services at the past. Good to know that they have steady growth and improvements.

• @hosthatch said:

Respect ✊
    Truly a professional way to handle the issue.

Thanked by 2the_doctor TODO
  • Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited December 2021

@yoursunny said:

@hosthatch said:
    Looks like you are on one of the older OpenVZ plans that we no longer sell.

IIRC you could still order them (at full price) earlier this year. Not sure when they stopped sales.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Welcome to the Bus Ticket seller, sir you are not alone on this Bus.
    Wait, wait longer? I guess.

Human is always the limit, cheap deals are not, they can get quite dense right.
    Human can't.

• Plz open vegana and send to me

and both bobs