Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How often do you change your oil and what kind of oil it is? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How often do you change your oil and what kind of oil it is?

2»

Comments

• Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

I was doing it every 10,000 miles, but now it's over the 250,000 milestone I'm considering dropping it to 5,000-7500

Thanked by 1karjaj
  • RIYADRIYAD Member, Patron Provider

I change my car oil every 2000-2500km on average. 20W50 minerals and sometimes Semi-synthetic.

Thanked by 1karjaj
  • @RIYAD said: 2000-2500km on average.

Wow, what's the reason for such a regular change? Do you live in a place where there is lot of sand / dirt?

• RIYADRIYAD Member, Patron Provider

@pbx said:

@RIYAD said: 2000-2500km on average.

Wow, what's the reason for such a regular change? Do you live in a place where there is lot of sand / dirt?

Ya.. I am from Bangladesh. Also quit hot weather. Sometimes the fuel (octane) quality is not that great.

Thanked by 1pbx
  • Every 6 months, no matter how many km done. I drive with 18 years toyota :D

Thanked by 1RedSox
  • For the best taco you'll need to use fresh oil, each and every time.

• Snake oil. Never changed it.

Thanked by 1bulbasaur
  • MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

I drive a 30+ year old turbo-diesel Mercedes with a busted odemeter. I have no idea how many miles it's been since my oil change. Hell, I have no idea how many miles the car has. It stopped counting after 320,000 or so...

I just check the oil from time to time and top it off when it's low. I should probably get it changed though.

It's hard to kill these old cars.

Thanked by 2pbx vedran
  • @yoursunny said:
    I change oil every day.
    That's why my vegetables and proteins taste great.
    My usual oil is extra virgin olive oil, but I also use avocado oil and grapeseed oil sometimes.
    Before you ask: no, I don't use One Gallon Wet Platinum Lube in my dishes.

Imagine not using EVOO exclusively in all dishes. I love it so much I add a few spoons to my protein shakes. And I use it instead of ketchup. EVOO is literally the best thing mankind has ever created.

Thanked by 2yoursunny pbx
  • My car tells me when I need to change the oil. Then I will book a meeting with my nearest dealer and they will swap it for free. I also can get a replacement car during that time.

• Tony40Tony40 Member
    edited December 2021

On new cars, you can put more then 7,000 miles on synthetic oil.

• gowthamgowtham Member, Host Rep

Every 3000km or six months.

• First Car
    7500 miles / 6 months
    Synthetic

Second Car
    No oil change

• 10k kms or 1 year, whichever comes earlier. 5W30 synthetic.

• I have a pretty consistent oil leak, so no need to change it. Top it up weekly and it slowly changes itself. :D

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

10-15k 5W30/5W40, Caddy Maxi 2014, Opel Astra 2015.