Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Managed or Unmanaged VPS? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Managed or Unmanaged VPS?

2»

Comments

• Unmanaged. I've once used managed service but have to open support ticket everytime i need to install something.. not even get sudo

• ArkasArkas Moderator

If you don't have the time to manage your own VPS, I guess getting a managed one would be ok, but then why not go for a good shared hosting plan, do you need something specific that a managed VPS offers?

• farsighterfarsighter Member
    edited December 2021

Deleted

• @Arkas said:
    why not go for a good shared hosting plan

I'm not going with shared hosting cause my website need full resource of the server. Shared resources is not suitable for my site.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited December 2021

Manage VPS is like Windows, just bloat which costs you money.

You don't need to touch it every 5 minutes, like your cat, I mean you can and with your cat you likely can't resist that soft pussy but I warn you at some point it will bite you, inevitably.
    And given the shitload of guides this internet has, so why waste money?

Invest this money into a few hooker sessions, well spend or better cat food.

• I prefer managed so the provider can run YABS 24/7 for me.

Thanked by 2WSWD Logano
  • serversupportzserversupportz Member, Host Rep

@hosterplan said:
    Hello All,
    We mainly use Unmanaged VPS and Managed VPS.

Will you share with us, when you buy Unmanaged VPS and when you Managed VPS?

You can also share your thoughts about your preferred control panel for Managed VPS.

All feedback welcomed.

If you are running a business website, it's better to choose a managed VPS.

• @serversupportz said: If you are running a business website, it's better to choose a managed VPS.

Why not Unmanaged VPS?
    I think if you have some knowledge about Cyberpanel, AAPanel and like this any panel then don't need to go with managed service.
    But if need to advanced optimize server performance then hire a server admin or managed service. Otherwise don't need.