Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Recommendations for 4+ GB RAM, 60+ GB NVMe in US West Coast
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Recommendations for 4+ GB RAM, 60+ GB NVMe in US West Coast

Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
edited December 2021 in Requests

(yes, yes, I know that Black Friday is over)

I'm looking for a VPS with:

• Modern processor (eg. Ryzen 5xxx, EPYC, i9-11900K or similar, or 2017+ Xeon Gold)
  • 4+ GB RAM, ideally 8+ GB
  • 60+ GB NVMe space, ideally 80+ GB. SSD is probably fine too. No HDD please.
  • 1+ TB monthly transfer
  • 1 Gbps connection (shared is OK)
  • Ideally /64 IPv6, but no IPv6 is fine too
  • US West Coast (eg. Los Angeles, Fremont, San Jose, Seattle, etc)

for <$110/year

• HostHatch's EPYC 7443 + 8 GB RAM + 60 GB NVMe in Los Angeles for $70/year would have been a really good fit, but I hesitated during the sale and now regret not getting it. I guess this is the opposite of buyer's remorse :tongue:

• BuyVM Slice 4096 for $180/year is outside the price range.

• Racknerd's Black Friday 4GB + 75GB SSD for $43.39/year uses pretty old Xeon processors.

Comments

• @Daniel15 said:
    (yes, yes, I know that Black Friday is over)

I'm looking for a VPS with:

• Modern processor (eg. Ryzen 5xxx, EPYC, i9-11900K or similar, or 2017+ Xeon Gold)
    • 4+ GB RAM, ideally 8+ GB
    • 60+ GB NVMe space, ideally 80+ GB. SSD is probably fine too. No HDD please.
    • 1+ TB monthly transfer
    • 1 Gbps connection (shared is OK)
    • Ideally /64 IPv6, but no IPv6 is fine too
    • US West Coast (eg. Los Angeles, Fremont, San Jose, Seattle, etc)

for <$110/year

• HostHatch's EPYC 7443 + 8 GB RAM + 60 GB NVMe in Los Angeles for $70/year would have been a really good fit, but I hesitated during the sale and now regret not getting it. I guess this is the opposite of buyer's remorse :tongue:

• BuyVM Slice 4096 for $180/year is outside the price range.

• Racknerd's Black Friday 4GB + 75GB SSD for $43.39/year uses pretty old Xeon processors.

Can you hold out for boxing day? I think more deals for end of year pushes...

Thanked by 1Daniel15
  • @TimboJones said:
    Can you hold out for boxing day? I think more deals for end of year pushes...

Good point. Yeah I can wait. Just want to migrate away from an expensive VPS that isn't performing as well as it used to. I'm going to be overseas visiting family but I can get something and just not set it up until I'm back.

• I have one of Hosthatch older packages, 3 core 16gb ram 80gb and I’m paying $120 per 2 years. That fit the bill? Bought in august and has been idling :D

Thanked by 1Daniel15
  • @Salomon123 said:
    I have one of Hosthatch older packages, 3 core 16gb ram 80gb and I’m paying $120 per 2 years. That fit the bill? Bought in august and has been idling :D

Is it in Los Angeles?

I've got one of these but I'd love another! Are you willing to transfer it to me if I pay for the remaining time plus the transfer fee? If so, could you please create a ticket with them and see if they allow transfers? They allow it on a case-by-case basis but I'm hoping they allow it for us since I've got 15 other VPSes with them.

This is on their older hardware with 8-year-old Intel Xeon processors which I was trying to avoid, but it gets a pass since it meets all the other requirements, the NVMe disks are very fast, it has 1 dedicated core, and it's very good value for money when you consider the amount of RAM.

They had these in a flash sale during Black Friday but I think they were out of stock by the time I checked.

• @Daniel15 said:

@Salomon123 said:
    I have one of Hosthatch older packages, 3 core 16gb ram 80gb and I’m paying $120 per 2 years. That fit the bill? Bought in august and has been idling :D

Is it in Los Angeles?

I've got one of these but I'd love another! Are you willing to transfer it to me if I pay for the remaining time plus the transfer fee? If so, could you please create a ticket with them and see if they allow transfers? They allow it on a case-by-case basis but I'm hoping they allow it for us since I've got 15 other VPSes with them.

This is on their older hardware with 8-year-old Intel Xeon processors which I was trying to avoid, but it gets a pass since it meets all the other requirements, the NVMe disks are very fast, it has 1 dedicated core, and it's very good value for money when you consider the amount of RAM.

They had these in a flash sale during Black Friday but I think they were out of stock by the time I checked.

I have the same one in LAX. I had asked their support if transfer is allowed, and they said no.

• SpartanHostSpartanHost Member, Host Rep

Thanks, unfortunately we can't meet the $110/y requirement, our best for 5950X with 4 vCores, 100GB NVMe, 5TB bandwidth @ 10Gb/s shared is $184.32 in Seattle, WA, maybe a bit overspeced for this specific requirement.

Thanked by 1plumberg
  • You need to wait for deals :s

• CrownCloud has Ryzen 5950X plans in Los Angeles

BF deals still active https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/175607/crowncloud-cybermonday-kvm-deals-intel-e5-storage-ryzen-5950x-ssd-plans-lax

or ask @SpeedBus for a custom deal

Thanked by 1SpeedBus
  • @nvme said: I have the same one in LAX. I had asked their support if transfer is allowed, and they said no.

In another thread they said it's case by case:

@Emil said: I double checked with the team and while we do not have an official policy that allows transfers, the team still reviews the requests on a case-by-case basis and may agree to it.

@SpeedTest said:
    CrownCloud has Ryzen 5950X plans in Los Angeles

BF deals still active https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/175607/crowncloud-cybermonday-kvm-deals-intel-e5-storage-ryzen-5950x-ssd-plans-lax

or ask @SpeedBus for a custom deal

Not enough RAM (only 3GB) but I could try ask for a custom plan.

Thanked by 2Emil SpeedBus
  • @SpartanHost said:

Thanks, unfortunately we can't meet the $110/y requirement, our best for 5950X with 4 vCores, 100GB NVMe, 5TB bandwidth @ 10Gb/s shared is $184.32 in Seattle, WA, maybe a bit overspeced for this specific requirement.

I can't find this configuration on your website, can you send me a link

• tomletomle Member, LIR

If Phoenix is ok and 50GB disk is enough, InceptionHostings Cyber Monday deal could be interesting.

2 CPU Core (Equal Share, Mix of Intel Xeon E-2276G, E-2278 and E-2286G)
    4 GB Ram (DDR4)
    50 GB Pure NVMe SSD Disk space (Raid 1)
    12000 GB Bandwidth @ 1 gbit (shared)
    1 x IPv4 address
    1 x /64 IPv6
    Free complimentary DDOS protection
    Free Direct Admin license on request.
    €50 /year

https://clients.inceptionhosting.com/cart.php?gid=35 and select yearly billing.
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/175790/missed-out-on-black-friday-the-cyber-monday-offer-is-still-live-usa-uk-nl-de#latest

• @Daniel15 said:

@Salomon123 said:

Is it in Los Angeles?

Yes it’s in LA. HH just replied and transfer is possible with fee of course