Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What do you prefer?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What do you prefer?

Hi, I have seen that many accommodations have prefect themes, which is normal and understandable.

In your humble opinion, what do you like about a website? What makes you buy on a website in addition to servers? The design of it? Whether it's a design made from scratch or made by a company that sells by the thousands?

I would like to know the general opinion of all of you.

your perspective on this type of choice and why? Yes, because having products and services we all have, but would a good website make you buy the product?

How would this website have to be? Simple, modern, adaptive, responsive and very descriptive, or highly modern full of unnecessary things (slides) etc?

What do you rate and appreciate most about a website of Hosting Provider?
  1. Wordpress Custom Design23 votes
    1. HTML5 Custom made (No wordpress)
      60.87%
    2. I don't care, if it works perfect (themes already made)
      39.13%
    3. Other (write in comments)
        0.00%

Comments

• ErisaErisa Member
    edited December 2021

A lot of good services have shitty website designs, and a lot of shitty services have amazing website designs.

For me, the design isn't important. The grammar maybe would be, but ideally I would judge the company on other factors than just what their homepage looks like.

Thanked by 1awooooool
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

Does not matter.

Thanked by 1Erisa
  • KermEdKermEd Member
    edited December 2021

The site needs to work on mobile and PC (looking at you virmach making it harder to buy from you). No massive red errors (looking at you OVH/Soyoustart). A functional cpanel. No outrageous statements (we are the best… are you really?). Clean English (will I need to explain my issue 4 times because of this) I like PayPal as I get passive income there and it’s easy to set and forget. A clear set of rules. Self managed is critical.

The name matters. Can’t be linked to past scammers (I.e @dustinc / alpha racks / nerd racks - looking at you). If I take it serious (pay more than BF prices) it needs to be someone who hasn’t ripped me off in the past, treated people professionally (I.e. virmach) and been around a few years. Some trust in their ability (Fran) makes me want to use them. Windows, Storage & Linux with OS pricing included with decent pricing helps a lot (virmach good, soyoustart bad).

Some good providers (AlphaVPS for example) i feel bad as I don’t use them because they remind me of @dustinc alpha racks even though it’s unrelated.

Trust in who runs the show, or good BF historical purchases (hostodo, stablehost, gullo) makes me look to them often. I go back to places like nfoservers sometimes out of convenience.

The website theme is my least concern.

• For my personal choice
    Website hosting provider with basic theme it should be fine, and simple without unnecessary stuff.

And please, dont add much javascript animation on your website (it slow my poor phone :'( )

Good word choices = more sale

So far I like linode, misaka and scaleway design.

Sorry bad english

• Good old doggy's fun.

• duckeeyuckduckeeyuck Member
    edited December 2021

What's important to me to buy from a host:

1. Owner has to be white or from the middle east.
    2. Orders are manually approved, this gives me the guarantee that at least carders/fraudsters trying to rape the node won't rape it for as long as they can.
    3. Minimalistic website designs "feel faster and with less overhead on my vps" (even tho that isn't how it really works, it works on me)*
    Thanked by 1Levi
  • Legs

• @tetech said:
    Legs

Not even close to funny.

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

SIMPLICITY.

And preferably, no javscript, no annoying live chat bullshit or special pop-ups, no integrated analytics or dumb 3rd party elements that you could host locally. Should be optimized and fast, even on my slow rural WISP connection.

• You need to make a difference, so definitely your own design and page layout. And easy to navigate and find the information. No distracting fancy animations. Clean, clear, simple.

• armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep

Very minimal site, probably no CSS at all. I don’t know why people buy themes or request custom ones, waste of money.

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

@armandorg said:
    Very minimal site, probably no CSS at all. I don’t know why people buy themes or request custom ones, waste of money.

I just got hard, then I saw your site and realized you were being sarcastic.

Thanked by 1Nekki