Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My website went SLOW? May be lowend vps usage?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

My website went SLOW? May be lowend vps usage?

Hello,
My website have currently went very slow.
It is not down VPS is working fine too.
I was running a BoxBilling in it and the admin panel were slow.

But the page is loading not stopped loading.

I checked my internet connection WAS faster.
Then tried to visit other websites were GREAT loaded.

I am using a BlueVM Vps with 256MB Ram plan.
VPS Location is Chicago, Illinois.

Do you have suffered any sort of similar problems with BlueVM vps or in the loacation?
Does this mean i need a MORE LARGE Ram for my vps?

Does Low end Ram VPS gets slow website load speeds when running Kloxo and Boxbilling?

Thanks

Comments

• Could you check the network speed on that VPS currently? There could be an abuser on that node with BlueVM. What is your output of "free -m"?

• @Jeffrey said:
    Could you check the network speed on that VPS currently? There could be an abuser on that node with BlueVM. What is your output of "free -m"?

Trying to connect SSH very very slow.

• @mazker
    Then it is something with the VPS. Drop a ticket to BlueVM.

• Need more info to make sure what problem with your VPS. Some output of commands such as:

1. free -m
    2. iostat
    3. top => then press 1 and see the %wa column

VPS provider sometime oversell their resource, this usually causes stuck IO and slow down VPSs on the node.

• SPEED - 98.2MB/sec
    free -m STATS
    total used free shared buffers cached
    Mem: 256 229 27 0 0 50
    -/+ buffers/cache: 178 77
    Swap: 256 0 256

• @locnh said:
    Need more info to make sure what problem with your VPS. Some output of commands such as:

1. free -m
    2. iostat
    3. top => then press 1 and see the %wa column

VPS provider sometime oversell their resource, this usually causes stuck IO and slow down VPSs on the node.

It shows iostat command not found.

• @mazker said:
    It shows iostat command not found.

That's your problem. You need iostat to use the VPS.

• ....And this is a BlueVM VPS?

• Use "yum install sysstat" if you're running Redhat/CentOS/Fedora or google "how to install iostat" with your OS.

So, with output of "free -m", i see: your system has 77MB free, 179MB currently in used. In case, your provider maybe not oversell.

• No wonder. That's the best part of using BlueVM.
    Slow network.

• @Fritz I'm guessing this is in a ColoCrossing location.

• CloudconeCloudcone Member, Patron Provider

Go to http://ping.eu/ping/ and ping your server, then check the no of milliseconds it takes. If it's in 600 + range that shows if your server is on high load, RAM outage or facing a network attack.

• @Quadcone said:
    Go to http://ping.eu/ping/ and ping your server, then check the no of milliseconds it takes. If it's in 600 + range that shows if your server is on high load, RAM outage or facing a network attack.

64 bytes from 23.94.34.95: icmp_seq=2 ttl=47 time=119 ms
    64 bytes from 23.94.34.95: icmp_seq=3 ttl=47 time=119 ms
    64 bytes from 23.94.34.95: icmp_seq=4 ttl=47 time=119 ms

--- buymyvm.com ping statistics ---
    packets transmitted 4
    received 4
    packet loss 0 %
    time 3005 ms

--- Round Trip Time (rtt) ---
    min 119.397 ms
    avg 119.678 ms
    max 119.919 ms
    mdev 0.404 ms

mazker said: min 119.397 ms avg 119.678 ms max 119.919

This is pretty normal try to ping from your side. I just loaded your IP: http://23.94.34.95/ and it loaded fine and fast.

• Does kloxo mr gets slow when ram i low

mazker said: Does Kloxo MR gets slow when ram i low

If you run out of RAM Linux automatically kills processes to free up RAM to serve other requests.

On 256 RAM don't run Apache web server change to Nginx via Kloxo MR because Apache consumes lots of memory compared to Nginx.

• @Quadcone said:
    On 256 RAM don't run Apache web server change to Nginx via Kloxo MR because Apache consumes lots of memory compared to Nginx.

How to change?

You can search for this option under Kloxo and change your web server software. It will take some time to install.

Does BlueVM provides managed support ? if they do contact them for this unless you know what you are doing :)