Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a French Kimsufi LE
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a French Kimsufi LE

Please PM me, thanks.

Comments

• Still looking.

• So is everyone else, lol. Good luck.

• Do you have to have an account in the same region as the holding account to transfer these?

• @Nekki said:
    Do you have to have an account in the same region as the holding account to transfer these?

Yes

• What's the procedure for a transfer? Do both parties open a support ticket with the name of the server and of the other party?

• @fredo1664 said:
    What's the procedure for a transfer? Do both parties open a support ticket with the name of the server and of the other party?

Yup!

• Thanks!
    I have one that I could transfer since I got a SYS-2-SAT-32.
    I paid 30 euro.

• @fredo1664 said:
    Thanks!
    I paid 30 euro.

Sent you PM

• @fredo1664 said:
    Thanks!

That’s exactly what I’m thinking, I don’t really need the KS-Legend anymore.

• I’m also looking for one!

• I’m also looking for one in France.
    Please send PM
    Thanks

• @Nekki said:
    Do you have to have an account in the same region as the holding account to transfer these?

Are transfers even possible? Any success stories with that? (rather than hearsay)

• @Shot2 said:

@Nekki said:

Are transfers even possible? Any success stories with that? (rather than hearsay)

I know I tried to transfer one about 8 years ago and they gave me a form to print out, fill out and fax back so I just cancelled it. I don’t don’t do paperwork for nobody.

• Transfers are easily possible and only require a very informal ticket. Usually takes around 3-5 business days. Only requirements are, afaik, that the receiver is fully validated and both accounts are within the same region. Done multiple times without any issues.

Thanked by 1Shot2
  • I have one available for transfer. Located in RBX6. Both disks are about 41k hours which seems decent as I´ve seen disks above 71k hours.

I can sell it with the account or transfer by ticket (preferred). BTC or PayPal.

• Shot2Shot2 Member
    edited December 2021

@Nekki said:

I know I tried to transfer one about 8 years ago and they gave me a form to print out, fill out and fax back so I just cancelled it. I don’t don’t do paperwork for nobody.

Hardly a "success" story, then :D

@Wolf said:
    Transfers are easily possible and only require a very informal ticket. Usually takes around 3-5 business days. Only requirements are, afaik, that the receiver is fully validated and both accounts are within the same region. Done multiple times without any issues.

Yeah, sure, everybody keeps repeating that... however without proof of success or of experience in the matter (for instance, your "afaik" seems to imply that you did not personally go through a transfer process).

On the other hand, on some SoYouStart threads you find evidence (mail copies, testimonies) of OVH support forbidding transfers. :open_mouth:

So? Any [reasonably recent] firsthand evidence of a successful KS server transfer, other than hearsay?

• @Shot2 said:

@Nekki said:

@Wolf said:
    Transfers are easily possible and only require a very informal ticket. Usually takes around 3-5 business days. Only requirements are, afaik, that the receiver is fully validated and both accounts are within the same region. Done multiple times without any issues.

Yeah, sure, everybody keeps repeating that... however without proof of success or of experience in the matter (for instance, your "afaik" seems to imply that you did not personally go through a transfer process).

On the other hand, on some SoYouStart threads you find evidence (mail copies, testimonies) of OVH support forbidding transfers. :open_mouth:

So? Any [reasonably recent] firsthand evidence of a successful KS server transfer, other than hearsay?

I have transferred two so far.

• @Wicked said:
    I have one available for transfer. Located in RBX6. Both disks are about 41k hours which seems decent as I´ve seen disks above 71k hours.

I can sell it with the account or transfer by ticket (preferred). BTC or PayPal.

You don't have any yasb ?

• WickedWicked Member
    edited December 2021

@dominos said:

@Wicked said:
    I have one available for transfer. Located in RBX6. Both disks are about 41k hours which seems decent as I´ve seen disks above 71k hours.

Tue Nov 30 21:28:03 UTC 2021

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Processor  : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 v2 @ 3.70GHz
    CPU cores  : 8 @ 1312.326 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 31.3 GiB
    Swap       : 1024.0 MiB
    Disk       : 1.8 TiB

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
    Read       | 818.00 KB/s    (204) | 11.88 MB/s     (185)
    Write      | 858.00 KB/s    (214) | 12.39 MB/s     (193)
    Total      | 1.67 MB/s      (418) | 24.27 MB/s     (378)
               |                      |                     
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
    Read       | 46.53 MB/s      (90) | 49.84 MB/s      (48)
    Write      | 49.20 MB/s      (96) | 52.30 MB/s      (51)
    Total      | 95.73 MB/s     (186) | 102.15 MB/s     (99)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed     
                    |                           |                 |                
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 98.2 Mbits/sec  | 941 Mbits/sec  
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | busy            | busy           
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 98.2 Mbits/sec  | 940 Mbits/sec  
    WebHorizon      | Singapore (1G)            | 86.6 Mbits/sec  | 603 Mbits/sec  
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 93.7 Mbits/sec  | 902 Mbits/sec  
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 93.0 Mbits/sec  | 852 Mbits/sec  
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 89.3 Mbits/sec  | 847 Mbits/sec  
    Iveloz Telecom  | Sao Paulo, BR (2G)        | 87.5 Mbits/sec  | 685 Mbits/sec 

• @Shot2 said:

@Nekki said:

@Wolf said:

I remember, why I kept myself from posting on here. It is actually firsthand experience. Received two servers already and the last was two days ago (LE-Special). Even got to see the request for the transfer, which was rather short and informal. Additinally I've transferred multiple servers in the past and never had any issue. Simply mention your wish to transfer the service and list the receivers NIC and eMail (no idea if that is required, but I always include it).
    I wrote AFAIK, as I do not know of any official rules, guidelines, requirements or check for transfers to be possible. Please note that this only reflects my experience with Kimsufi and not OVH/SYS.

Cheers

Thanked by 1Shot2
  • @Wicked said:

@dominos said:

@Wicked said:

Tue Nov 30 21:28:03 UTC 2021

Basic System Information:
    Processor  : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 v2 @ 3.70GHz
    CPU cores  : 8 @ 1312.326 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 31.3 GiB
    Swap       : 1024.0 MiB
    Disk       : 1.8 TiB

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
    Read       | 818.00 KB/s    (204) | 11.88 MB/s     (185)
    Write      | 858.00 KB/s    (214) | 12.39 MB/s     (193)
    Total      | 1.67 MB/s      (418) | 24.27 MB/s     (378)
               |                      |                     
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
    Read       | 46.53 MB/s      (90) | 49.84 MB/s      (48)
    Write      | 49.20 MB/s      (96) | 52.30 MB/s      (51)
    Total      | 95.73 MB/s     (186) | 102.15 MB/s     (99)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed     
                    |                           |                 |                
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 98.2 Mbits/sec  | 941 Mbits/sec  
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | busy            | busy           
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 98.2 Mbits/sec  | 940 Mbits/sec  
    WebHorizon      | Singapore (1G)            | 86.6 Mbits/sec  | 603 Mbits/sec  
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 93.7 Mbits/sec  | 902 Mbits/sec  
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 93.0 Mbits/sec  | 852 Mbits/sec  
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 89.3 Mbits/sec  | 847 Mbits/sec  
    Iveloz Telecom  | Sao Paulo, BR (2G)        | 87.5 Mbits/sec  | 685 Mbits/sec 

Thank you