Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

domain+mail solution
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

domain+mail solution

nukenuke Member

so i have a really old mail with mail associated for some years now(1 email only), i pay for the email + 1G storage for the same email 16€/y is there a cheaper solution for this like host it myself, what specs would would be necessary for this? or is there a cheaper provider for a single email account? ty in advance for the help

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited November 2021

The old rule: If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

That's cheap enough that you're just looking to add frustration to your life for minimal gain if you go in search of greener grass. I'm not saying you can't get more for less, but if what you have is doing the job there's only headaches on the other side.

Thanked by 2nuke bikegremlin
  • alentoalento Member, Host Rep

Hey, I am a reseller of @jar and I also do a lot with self-hosted email - namely Mail-in-a-Box.

Sure, I could save you a few bucks, but like @Jar says, it is not worth the potential frustration. Quite honestly, the ONLY reason that you should consider a change is if you are having deliverability issues.

As far as self-hosting goes you then have all the issues surrounding deliverability to deal with. And cost wise, it is going to cost you at least twice what you are paying now.

So yeah ... stay put - unless they are not delivering your emails to your correspondents.

Thanked by 2nuke bikegremlin
  • ok, tyvm both for the help