Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


DMCA issue
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

DMCA issue

Hiya friends,
I have dmca issues. Getting lots of fake dmca reports..

What to do. Please help me. My hosting provider isn’t responsive.

I need help to avoid dmca fake reports. And move to new provider.

I found some great provider. But they are arent happy with [email protected] - and avoiding it.

I’m not hosting any illegal. Just movies site review and external link to watch/download.

Thank you

«1

Comments

  • ehhthingehhthing Member
    edited November 2021

    @fayaz90 said:
    I’m not hosting any illegal. Just movies site review and external link to watch/download.

    Considering that Google search complies with DMCA takedown notices of this type, I doubt you can really say that this is 100% legal.

    Thanked by 1fayaz90
  • Suggest you send request to cancel DMCA business license. :wink:

  • Thanked by 2afn fayaz90
  • InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Top Provider
    edited November 2021

    @fayaz90 said:
    Hiya friends,
    I have dmca issues. Getting lots of fake dmca reports..

    What to do. Please help me. My hosting provider isn’t responsive.

    I need help to avoid dmca fake reports. And move to new provider.

    I found some great provider. But they are arent happy with [email protected] - and avoiding it.

    I’m not hosting any illegal. Just movies site review and external link to watch/download.

    Thank you

    If you just put your own personal contact information on the site for copyright holders to connect you directly and easily I am sure that will resolve the issue :) I mean like you said it is not illegal :)

    Seriously though, it is well stablished that providing means to access copyright material is in itself considered a legal issue and I am sure you probably provide the box out or something also which you also do not have the rights too.

    They are not fake reports, at least not within the jurisdiction of your hosting provider.

    Thanked by 2frog fayaz90
  • @fayaz90 said:
    Hiya friends,
    I have dmca issues. Getting lots of fake dmca reports..

    What to do. Please help me. My hosting provider isn’t responsive.

    I need help to avoid dmca fake reports. And move to new provider.

    I found some great provider. But they are arent happy with [email protected] - and avoiding it.

    I’m not hosting any illegal. Just movies site review and external link to watch/download.

    Thank you

    That is 100% legal... If you are ONLY linking.
    Just switch to a offshore hosting DMCA ignored and sent all emails to spam folder.

    That's all.

    Thanked by 1fayaz90
  • afnafn Member
    edited November 2021

    @sandoz said: That is 100% legal.

    depends where.

    also OP, just switch hosting to somewhere where there is no dmca... was it so hard to figure out on your own -_- If you are not able to understand whether what you host is "legal" or not, then please do not host websites. The web will be fine without your website.

    Thanked by 2fayaz90 wpyoga
  • To be serious, everything depends OP country of residence and hosting provider location.

  • @afn said:

    @sandoz said: That is 100% legal.

    depends where.

    also OP, just switch hosting to somewhere where there is no dmca... was it so hard to figure out on your own -_- If you are not able to understand whether what you host is "legal" or not, then please do not host websites. The web will be fine without your website.

    The same argument can be applied: I'm selling Knifes to people (3rd-Party), I'm will be responsible if he/she kills someone with knife?

    Of course not. The same happens with Linking (only, but only linking!), unless you are Uploading something...

    US/UK run away, not good to host those kind of websites.

  • @sandoz said:

    @fayaz90 said:
    Hiya friends,
    I have dmca issues. Getting lots of fake dmca reports..

    What to do. Please help me. My hosting provider isn’t responsive.

    I need help to avoid dmca fake reports. And move to new provider.

    I found some great provider. But they are arent happy with [email protected] - and avoiding it.

    I’m not hosting any illegal. Just movies site review and external link to watch/download.

    Thank you

    That is 100% legal... If you are ONLY linking.
    Just switch to a offshore hosting DMCA ignored and sent all emails to spam folder.

    That's all.

    yes i am only linking. and posting the movies review, with imdb api, and then putting external link to download/watch,

    not hosting anything, nor holding copyrights content either, but still

    its very hard to find dmca free hosting.. and some providers are rude, not responsive, like they tend to not response the ticket/issue/support etc,

  • @InceptionHosting said:

    @fayaz90 said:
    Hiya friends,
    I have dmca issues. Getting lots of fake dmca reports..

    What to do. Please help me. My hosting provider isn’t responsive.

    I need help to avoid dmca fake reports. And move to new provider.

    I found some great provider. But they are arent happy with [email protected] - and avoiding it.

    I’m not hosting any illegal. Just movies site review and external link to watch/download.

    Thank you

    If you just put your own personal contact information on the site for copyright holders to connect you directly and easily I am sure that will resolve the issue :) I mean like you said it is not illegal :)

    Seriously though, it is well stablished that providing means to access copyright material is in itself considered a legal issue and I am sure you probably provide the box out or something also which you also do not have the rights too.

    They are not fake reports, at least not within the jurisdiction of your hosting provider.

    I understand,
    who cares!

  • @InceptionHosting is your vps dmca ignored.. :* :p :#

  • @sandoz said: Of course not.

    Agreed. If someone sell SIM cards without ID that not mean those who buy these cards become a terrorists by place calls with these cards. And seller also become a terrorist who provide a tools for that

  • @jenkki said:

    @sandoz said: Of course not.

    Agreed. If someone sell SIM cards without ID that not mean those who buy these cards become a terrorists by place calls with these cards. And seller also become a terrorist who provide a tools for that

    Sad but true.

  • @jenkki said:

    @sandoz said: Of course not.

    Agreed. If someone sell SIM cards without ID that not mean those who buy these cards become a terrorists by place calls with these cards. And seller also become a terrorist who provide a tools for that

    but thats different story!
    i agreed, in some cases its crime/tero> @sandoz said:

    @jenkki said:

    @sandoz said: Of course not.

    Agreed. If someone sell SIM cards without ID that not mean those who buy these cards become a terrorists by place calls with these cards. And seller also become a terrorist who provide a tools for that

    Sad but true.

    yes its true,, and its coming in different criteria, or top of priority and security concern!

    but in content/copyright concern, some of content are even putting as review/infor with their respective copyright, but still getting dmcca compliant

  • move your site to any ruski provider (not reseller) they don't give a fk about mailed dmca by foreign organizations

    Thanked by 1fayaz90
  • @donko said:
    move your site to any ruski provider (not reseller) they don't give a fk about mailed dmca by foreign organizations

    which are, can you refer some !?

  • jenkkijenkki Member
    edited November 2021

    @fayaz90 said: which are, can you refer some !?

    poiskvps.ru

  • @jenkki said:

    @fayaz90 said: which are, can you refer some !?

    poiskvps.ru

    its keep loading.. site isnt opening..

  • @sandoz said: I'm will be responsible if he/she kills someone with knife

    Wrong comparison.

    Knives are general purpose. anything can be used to kill. Water can kill, should we ban water? However his movie site compares more to, selling heavy guns and bombs, they are not a crime per se, selling a gun or a bomb (i.e linking) harms no one, right? but don't convince me you are selling Bombs for "self-defense" and honestly screw gun collectors. you know people will use them for malicious reasons, so banning guns trading does make sense, at least that's the law in a lot of countries.
    Even if you justify selling guns as "collectible" links to movies are not collectible!

    As for linking, I am not talking about your opinion here, nor mine. Our opinions don't matter on this. I am talking about laws in some countries. In some countries it IS illegal, by law. You find it a reasonable law or not, it is up to you, but it remains a law in several countries.

    @jenkki said: Agreed. If someone sell SIM cards without ID that not mean those who buy these cards become a terrorists by place calls with these cards.

    Again sim cards are general purpose, can be used for normal calls or terrorist calls. Linking to illegal content will never magically open a link to legal content. I wish you can buy sim cards without ID too... and actually it is possible where I live.

    its very hard to find dmca free hosting.. and some providers are rude, not responsive, like they tend to not response the ticket/issue/support etc,

    Only rude towards you, from my own humble experience it really depends on how you approach them and from your posting history here. And if you approach them similarly to what I see in this post, no one will want to make you an offer and they will see you as a source of trouble and someone who doesn't know/understand much. Not because of your DMCA content, but because of your reasoning.

    As I mentioned Just switch to any country where DMCA does not apply. As @sandoz said stay away from US, UK and Germany. Try russian hosts, or among providers on LET buyVM LUX location for example not US locations or incognet. If these 2 kick you out then there is no place on earth that can host your site.

    Thanked by 1fayaz90
  • @fayaz90 said: its keep loading.. site isnt opening..

    Works fine for me. Only note. RU providers didn't accept PayPal for now because there no local money movements trough PayPal allowed. So you need bank card or RU local payment system for ordering.

  • @afn said:

    @sandoz said: I'm will be responsible if he/she kills someone with knife

    Wrong comparison.

    Knives are general purpose. anything can be used to kill. Water can kill, should we ban water? However his movie site compares more to, selling heavy guns and bombs, they are not a crime per se, selling a gun or a bomb (i.e linking) harms no one, right? but don't convince me you are selling Bombs for "self-defense" and honestly screw gun collectors. you know people will use them for malicious reasons, so banning guns trading does make sense, at least that's the law in a lot of countries.
    Even if you justify selling guns as "collectible" links to movies are not collectible!

    As for linking, I am not talking about your opinion here, nor mine. Our opinions don't matter on this. I am talking about laws in some countries. In some countries it IS illegal, by law. You find it a reasonable law or not, it is up to you, but it remains a law in several countries.

    @jenkki said: Agreed. If someone sell SIM cards without ID that not mean those who buy these cards become a terrorists by place calls with these cards.

    Again sim cards are general purpose, can be used for normal calls or terrorist calls. Linking to illegal content will never magically open a link to legal content. I wish you can buy sim cards without ID too... and actually it is possible where I live.

    its very hard to find dmca free hosting.. and some providers are rude, not responsive, like they tend to not response the ticket/issue/support etc,

    Only rude towards you, from my own humble experience it really depends on how you approach them and from your posting history here. And if you approach them similarly to what I see in this post, no one will want to make you an offer and they will see you as a source of trouble and someone who doesn't know/understand much. Not because of your DMCA content, but because of your reasoning.

    As I mentioned Just switch to any country where DMCA does not apply. As @sandoz said stay away from US, UK and Germany. Try russian hosts, or among providers on LET buyVM LUX location for example not US locations or incognet. If these 2 kick you out then there is no place on earth that can host your site.

    bravo!!! great explanation!

  • @fayaz90 said:

    @donko said:
    move your site to any ruski provider (not reseller) they don't give a fk about mailed dmca by foreign organizations

    which are, can you refer some !?

    i use veesp / buyvm lux (VPS)

    there is another choices like: alexhost, serverastra, melbicom, ihor, justhost

    but the most stable i used is veesp, it's very rare to have a downtime of any type with them... ofc they not the cheapest

  • ViridWebViridWeb Member, Provider
    edited November 2021

    @fayaz90 said:
    I’m not hosting any illegal. Just movies site review and external link to watch/download.

    By this logic all "warez linking" sites are legal..

    Either find a new host who are not so strict on DMCA or just remove those download links

    Thanked by 1afn
  • @donko said:
    i use buyvm lux (VPS)

    The end is nigh.

    https://delano.lu/article/luxembourg-late-on-transposing

    Thanked by 1Bastion
  • @frog said:

    @donko said:
    i use buyvm lux (VPS)

    The end is nigh.

    https://delano.lu/article/luxembourg-late-on-transposing

    welp if one day fran wants me to remove content i just switch to another provider since these are only proxies pointing to my main server somewhere ¯_(ツ)_/¯

  • @ViridWeb said:

    @fayaz90 said:
    I’m not hosting any illegal. Just movies site review and external link to watch/download.

    By this logic all "warez linking" sites are legal..

    Either find a new host who are not so strict on DMCA or just remove those download links

    i can't remove, thats only source of income!

  • sandozsandoz Member
    edited November 2021

    @afn said:

    @sandoz said: I'm will be responsible if he/she kills someone with knife

    Wrong comparison.

    Knives are general purpose. anything can be used to kill. Water can kill, should we ban water? However his movie site compares more to, selling heavy guns and bombs, they are not a crime per se, selling a gun or a bomb (i.e linking) harms no one, right? but don't convince me you are selling Bombs for "self-defense" and honestly screw gun collectors. you know people will use them for malicious reasons, so banning guns trading does make sense, at least that's the law in a lot of countries.
    Even if you justify selling guns as "collectible" links to movies are not collectible!

    I don't think you have any anti-insecticide for cockroaches and other insects in your kitchen. Right? Since with that contains "poison" which you can kill someone if you spray it in his food.

    I will assume you don't have it, also who sells it are a criminal? I don't think so.
    The same argument for poison for rats, can be applied here.

    Linking is different than Killing, I know it. I only used because you "sell something that can kill someone" doesn't make you responsable for it.

    Knifes, Forks... everything can kill someone, should we prohibit? Ohhh I don't think so.

    Anyway, Linking is different. You aren't doing anything illegal.
    If the material is hosted in Mediafire they are the responsable for remove it, not us or you (which are only linking) to them..

    What you will going to charge someone criminally? Did he uploaded? No. Did he downloaded? No.. He is hosting? No.

    Where is the crime?

    As for linking, I am not talking about your opinion here, nor mine. Our opinions don't matter on this. I am talking about laws in some countries. In some countries it IS illegal, by law. You find it a reasonable law or not, it is up to you, but it remains a law in several countries.

    That will depend which kind of arguments you will use in Court and if the lawyer you have understands about CyberCrime.

    There are many Lawyers without experience in Cybercrime or Specialized in it. That can make you lose, not because of your arguments but because he don't have experience with that.

    Is not it is no coincidence that people who do corruption use lawyers who have experience in dealing with it.

    Is stupid to have a website of "warez linking" in US since is made by them. It's common sense. But in general it is allowed in several places.

    @jenkki said: Agreed. If someone sell SIM cards without ID that not mean those who buy these cards become a terrorists by place calls with these cards.

    Again sim cards are general purpose, can be used for normal calls or terrorist calls. Linking to illegal content will never magically open a link to legal content. I wish you can buy sim cards without ID too... and actually it is possible where I live.

    its very hard to find dmca free hosting.. and some providers are rude, not responsive, like they tend to not response the ticket/issue/support etc,

    Only rude towards you, from my own humble experience it really depends on how you approach them and from your posting history here. And if you approach them similarly to what I see in this post, no one will want to make you an offer and they will see you as a source of trouble and someone who doesn't know/understand much. Not because of your DMCA content, but because of your reasoning.

    As I mentioned Just switch to any country where DMCA does not apply. As @sandoz said stay away from US, UK and Germany. Try russian hosts, or among providers on LET buyVM LUX location for example not US locations or incognet. If these 2 kick you out then there is no place on earth that can host your site.

    @donko said:

    @frog said:

    @donko said:
    i use buyvm lux (VPS)

    The end is nigh.

    https://delano.lu/article/luxembourg-late-on-transposing

    welp if one day fran wants me to remove content i just switch to another provider since these are only proxies pointing to my main server somewhere ¯_(ツ)_/¯

    Don't worry about LUX, still a good country. They can't control a thousand of websites.
    Also usually when this is applied, it is for a short time. Then it's forgotten.

  • afnafn Member
    edited November 2021

    @sandoz said: What you will going to charge someone criminally? Did he uploaded? No. Did he downloaded? No.. He is hosting? No.

    is he an accomplice? yes

    @sandoz said: I don't think you have any anti-insecticide for cockroaches and other insects in your kitchen. Right?

    Actually, I don't :smile:

    @sandoz said: Anyway, Linking is different. You aren't doing anything illegal.

    Once again, you keep twisting the argument and practically saying what I said, but in a twisted way.

    All your examples are both double-edged swords, things that can be used nicely or badly.

    Linking, (and bombs in my example) can never lead to something not "illegal", your analogies are wrong.

    It is not piracy/linking that I am complaining about here. It is the "pretend you are innocent" logic. The accurate analogy is: I know an assassin A who for certain wants to kill person X, A comes to me and ask can you link me to X's location I want to kill him? I just give you his location and say "I am innocent, I just linked, it is not my problem A killed X". When linking to copyrighted material you are an accomplice, you know 100% that the person clicking on this link is going to commit something illegal. I am not complaining about the fact you do it, I am complaining about the fact you think you are 100% innocent.
    I am not saying linking is a (moral/legal) crime but when linking you are not 100% innocent neither. As for "is linking legal" that is not subject to our opinion, it depends on country's laws. That's not something I am discussing, nor I want to discuss.

    Want to do it? fine, I don't care if you link, upload, host or do whatever. Just don't tell me you are innocent.

    @fayaz90 said: i can't remove, thats only source of income!

    You should never rely on these things as primary source of income, nor secondary. Try to find a good job. ( I know you are probably already looking for one and don't need me to say it).

    Thanked by 2ViridWeb Bastion
  • @sandoz said: Don't worry about LUX, still a good country.

    Yes but not really offshore or DMCA proof as always advertised. Also NL

  • I think @naranjatech should be able to help here.
    They are running a very impressive BF sale currently.

    Thanked by 1naranjatech
Sign In or Register to comment.