Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Multi-Ping | Latency is king - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Multi-Ping | Latency is king

Comments

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

A few lists are now updated weekly, including maxmind geo data.
    More will be added, some right now can't be fully automated.

If you are not listed, you can open an issue on Github, to be added to the manual list.

• shit, this tool is amazing

thanks a lot

Added a second repository.
    curl -so- https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Ne00n/Multi-Ping/master/ping.py | python3 - -2

• CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider

>

POssible make one full for asia region?

• 0ka0ka Member
    edited May 3

icmp ping is useless on some providers like AEZA because it doesn't reach their servers, it reaches their ddos protection (which can have much lower ping than the actual vps) and it gives a reply even if your server is off. you should make multiple tcp pings with different source ports to port 22 to go through all possible routes

• 0ka0ka Member

seeing providers with crazy overselling (at least 4vps and pq.hosting: they are sometimes unusable) in the list is also disappointing

@Calin said:

>

POssible make one full for asia region?

I can add support for regions yeah.

@0ka said:
    icmp ping is useless on some providers like AEZA because it doesn't reach their servers, it reaches their ddos protection (which can have much lower ping than the actual vps) and it gives a reply even if your server is off. you should make multiple tcp pings with different source ports to port 22 to go through all possible routes

Anycast exists for a while now, nothing new, there are a bunch of providers like AEZA that does that, however pretty rare so not relevant.

@0ka said:
    seeing providers with crazy overselling (at least 4vps and pq.hosting: they are sometimes unusable) in the list is also disappointing

I am not gonna delist providers because you dislike them.

The tool isn't a replacement, its a way to ping 2000+ IP's in less than 60 seconds to give you an overview.

Thanked by 2Calin Xrmaddness
  • 0ka0ka Member
    edited May 3

@Neoon said: I am not gonna delist providers because you dislike them

supporting scammers is just... wow...

@Neoon said: Anycast exists for a while now, nothing new, there are a bunch of providers like AEZA that does that, however pretty rare so not relevant.

and you still decide to include them and confuse people who don't know, so they go buy a service which turns out worse than expected

at least put a disclaimer in the first post, little things like these can make big problems

edit: oh, you're the creator of yammdb, what am i even expecting...

edited May 3

@0ka said:

@Neoon said: I am not gonna delist providers because you dislike them

supporting scammers is just... wow...

Any proof for these claims or are you just looking to cause trouble?
    It would be nice to actually see you purchased something from them.

@Neoon said: Anycast exists for a while now, nothing new, there are a bunch of providers like AEZA that does that, however pretty rare so not relevant.

and you still decide to include them and confuse people who don't know, so they go buy a service which turns out worse than expected

at least put a disclaimer in the first post, little things like these can make big problems

I won't add a disclaimer, you can do your own due diligence by reading reviews.

• 0ka0ka Member

@Neoon said: Any proof for these claims or are you just looking to cause trouble?

add any 4vps ip address to smokeping and you will see

@Neoon said: I won't add a disclaimer, you can do your own due diligence by read reviews

read your own quote, im talking about anycast ip adresses

• 0ka0ka Member
    edited May 3

@Neoon said: read reviews

btw pq buy A LOT of fake reviews, and at some point of time they asked to write a positive review on 8 websites for a discount

edited May 3

@0ka said:

@Neoon said: I won't add a disclaimer, you can do your own due diligence by read reviews

read your own quote, im talking about anycast ip adresses

I asked for proof, you provided none.
    If you find an anycast IP you can report it over github.

• 0ka0ka Member

@Neoon said: If you find an anycast IP you can report it over github

emm... every aeza ip address except russian ones, do you still want a list?

@Neoon said: I asked for proof, you provided none.

thanks for making it hard to report issues, wait for a graph from my smokeping, i guess...

• lukast__lukast__ Member
    edited May 3

@0ka:
    1. This tool doesn't (and shouldn't) say anything about the quality of the servers and should absolutely not censor/change the serverlist only because you don't like certain providers. It is said nowhere that the tested providers are good.
    2. Scamming has got nothing to do with availability/overselling as long as no minimum availability/performance is guaranteed.

• 0ka0ka Member
    edited May 3

@lukast__
    1. it's not about "i don't like these providers", this tool is a free advertising place, and advertising shitty service providers is not a good move
    2. when you buy a vps from a website which says "feel the premium quality at affordable prices" and it sucks - it's a scam

i can't yet provide anything for pq, i don't remember where i put my screenshots of completely unqualified support, they were basically wasting my time with stupid questions to make me feel it's something on my end. that experience sucked and i don't want anyone to also experience it

• tentortentor Member, Host Rep
    edited May 3

Whatever position @Neoon takes for providers (de-)listing, I still don't get why you don't like the idea to add RTT measurement using TCP? It may be beneficial even for non-anycast networks to detect presence of multiple paths between you and the server, as well as diversity in latencies.

• zGatozGato Member
    edited May 3

@0ka said:
    @lukast__
    1. it's not about "i don't like these providers", this tool is a free advertising place, and advertising shitty service providers is not a good move
    2. when you buy a vps from a website which says "feel the premium quality at affordable prices" and it sucks - it's a scam

i can't yet provide anything for pq, i don't remember where i put my screenshots of completely unqualified support, they were basically wasting my time with stupid questions to make me feel it's something on my end. that experience sucked and i don't want anyone to also experience it

glad to be running 27 vps from 4vps.su and can clearly see you're talking bs o:)

(they're all prepaid for years btw)

Using Aéza since 2022, super happy with them.
    (also Russian IPs are not the only ones not anycasted, some other of their locations aren't aswell)

• LeviLevi Member

@tentor said: I still don't get why you don't like the idea to add RTT measurement using TCP

Don't stomp on the mans head. The best way here would be submit PR.

• tentortentor Member, Host Rep

@Levi said:

@tentor said: I still don't get why you don't like the idea to add RTT measurement using TCP

Don't stomp on the mans head. The best way here would be submit PR.

He didn't said that if I am not mistaken. To me it seems like he is against this feature, thus I would like to hear his opinion on it first of all.

• 0ka0ka Member
    edited May 3

@zGato your total expense can only do 5 months of their cheapest vps.

• zGatozGato Member

@0ka said:
    @zGato your total expense can only do 5 months of their cheapest vps.

here's more of your own bs
    https://imgur.com/a/Qso9if9
    (not gonna embed, not worth it)

• 0ka0ka Member

@zGato can you give me a link to the page from the screenshot? i can't find it in my own account

• zGatozGato Member
    edited May 3

@0ka said:
    @zGato can you give me a link to the page from the screenshot? i can't find it in my own account

https://4vps.su/dashboard/myservers
    ?

if you don't get the total expense it means that you only have 1/2 server(s)

@tentor said:
    Whatever position @Neoon takes for providers (de-)listing, I still don't get why you don't like the idea to add RTT measurement using TCP? It may be beneficial even for non-anycast networks to detect presence of multiple paths between you and the server, as well as diversity in latencies.

I didn't say I disliked it, I just pointed out that Anycast exists and it isn't really a concern for this tool.

However, its gonna be way slower and not work with every IP that has been collected.
    Some Providers just provide a test ip.

Thanked by 1tentor
  • zGatozGato Member
    edited May 3

@Neoon said:

@tentor said:

I didn't say I disliked it, I just pointed out that Anycast exists and it isn't really a concern for this tool.

However, its gonna be way slower and not work with every IP that has been collected.
    Some Providers just provide a test ip.

Most of them who have a test IP often have port 80/443 for .bin test files or something like that.
    however I get your point.

• 0ka0ka Member

@zGato it looks different for me, maybe because i don't have any servers at the moment, i only have recent transactions https://imgur.com/a/0OPIDuE, enough proof that i used them? now wait for me to set up my smokeping

• zGatozGato Member
    edited May 3

@0ka said:
    @zGato it looks different for me, maybe because i don't have any servers at the moment, i only have recent transactions https://imgur.com/a/0OPIDuE, enough proof that i used them? now wait for me to set up my smokeping

you used them for quite a while, without any commitment
    maybe you liked them for the price?
    obviously their 80RUB servers aren't top premium, but they work, and for 80 cents, lmao

• 0ka0ka Member
    edited May 3

del because too much offtop

• 0ka0ka Member
    edited May 3

@zGato i missed that they have something cheaper than 420rub/mo and you instantly say im talking bs, can you calm down? also you only have their servers in russia, they probably work ok because they actually have limits like only 50mbit/s networking, their other servers from another countries have almost permanent packet loss. i just started my smokeping and it looks bad https://imgur.com/a/mrWO9QG
    smokeping itself is here http://207.127.95.67:81/smokeping/smokeping.cgi?target=4vps.finland

upd: some of their old subnets don't work and i have trouble finding new ones, did they just change them and customers had to accept it? wow...

about pq:
    https://vc.ru/services/581285-pqhosting-ishushim-nedorogoi-vps-vds-obzor-hostinga-s-dc-v-28-stranah-ili-da-takoe-byvaet?comment=5416035 - use google translate, i have had worse experiences but can't find my review, its buried somewhere below fake 5 star reviews

i would understand the quality if their lowest price was 1$, but its ~5$ for both