Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Webhosting24 Black Friday Deals up to 80% OFF - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Webhosting24 Black Friday Deals up to 80% OFF

Comments

• pepa65pepa65 Member
    edited November 2021

@tomazu If we start out with 3-monthly payments, can we switch to 3-y payments some time next year when our budget allows??

• PilotseyePilotseye Member
    edited November 2021

Had to open a ticket for the RAM assigned to the VM - should be 1GB - is 809MB, other than that no issues so far - although the disk speed seems a bit slow for an NVMe - maybe @tomazu needs to do some tweaking here.

Edit: The network speed is also quite slot for 1Gbit/s tbh

• tomazutomazu Member, Host Rep

@tungbon said:
    Bought the 10x10x10 a while ago, how do I upgrade to this one? I will renew another year of course

please open a ticket for that, such an upgrade is possible but only if combined with a renew (otherwise the costs for the payment processor and invoicing, bookkeeping etc. will eat it all up).

Thanked by 1yoursunny

@Neko_star said:
    Please reply to the ticket #74300
    The problem has not been resolved for 2 days

my colleagues have provided you with all the answers in a very short period of time.

Yet, you keep asking new questions in the same ticket you have opened for a promotional, discounted product first complaining that you are a customer from a certain country/region and that you order got flagged for fraud, asking and requiring for manual intervention.

Then that you need a refund when I made it very clear that once the service is provisioned there is no refund - both in the description here, on our website and in the T&C. Then asking other questions completely unrelated to the ticket you opened. Reinstalling your server 5 times within an hour, then posting in this thread and the list goes on and on.

Please read before clicking or buying; please open one ticket per issue. Due to PayPal's policies and the costs we incur for rising an invoice and then raise a credit note etc., not to speak about the costs for staff, we are unable to provide refunds for promotional offers.

@pepa65 said:
    @tomazu If we start out with 3-monthly payments, can we switch to 3-y payments some time next year when our budget allows??

yes, as long as the payments are approx. at or above 10EUR per payment this is doable.

@Pilotseye said:
    Had to open a ticket for the RAM assigned to the VM - should be 1GB - is 809MB, other than that no issues so far - although the disk speed seems a bit slow for an NVMe - maybe @tomazu needs to do some tweaking here.

dmesg | grep Reserving
    sed -i 's/crashkernel=auto/crashkernel=no/' /etc/default/grub
    grub2-mkconfig -o /boot/grub2/grub.cfg
    reboot
    free -m

Will check the network speed, but please try to download from the local CentOS mirror to see if the problem is general or with some destinations, e. g. try downloading:
    https://centos.mirror.server24.net/8/isos/x86_64/CentOS-8.5.2111-x86_64-boot.iso
    https://centos.mirror.server24.net/

• @tomazu said:

@Neko_star said:

my colleagues have provided you with all the answers in a very short period of time.

Yet, you keep asking new questions in the same ticket you have opened for a promotional, discounted product first complaining that you are a customer from a certain country/region and that you order got flagged for fraud, asking and requiring for manual intervention.

Then that you need a refund when I made it very clear that once the service is provisioned there is no refund - both in the description here, on our website and in the T&C. Then asking other questions completely unrelated to the ticket you opened. Reinstalling your server 5 times within an hour, then posting in this thread and the list goes on and on.

Please read before clicking or buying; please open one ticket per issue. Due to PayPal's policies and the costs we incur for rising an invoice and then raise a credit note etc., not to speak about the costs for staff, we are unable to provide refunds for promotional offers.

I can ask for no refund, but you must solve my problem
    VPS performance is very low

• @tomazu said:

@Neko_star said:

I have now reopened a new ticket

• @tomazu said:

@pepa65 said:

yes, as long as the payments are approx. at or above 10EUR per payment this is doable.

@Pilotseye said:

dmesg | grep Reserving
    sed -i 's/crashkernel=auto/crashkernel=no/' /etc/default/grub
    grub2-mkconfig -o /boot/grub2/grub.cfg
    reboot
    free -m

Will check the network speed, but please try to download from the local CentOS mirror to see if the problem is general or with some destinations, e. g. try downloading:
    https://centos.mirror.server24.net/8/isos/x86_64/CentOS-8.5.2111-x86_64-boot.iso
    https://centos.mirror.server24.net/

Thanks for pointing me to the crash kernel, totally forgot about it in C8.

As for the disk speeds, maybe you have a way of improving that, seen HDDs performing better than your NVMe, sorry.

Here is the download result as requested:

2021-11-30 08:23:09 (23.8 MB/s) - ‘CentOS-8.5.2111-x86_64-boot.iso’ saved [827326464/827326464]

• @Neko_star said:

@tomazu said:

@Neko_star said:

I have now reopened a new ticket

Impossible.

edited November 2021

So if I want the disk and network speeds advertised here, I shall go for a plan with more "power" for 3 or 6€ / month - interesting sales model :wink:

• Hi, what happen if the bandwidth limit reached? I am looking for basic VPS with unmetered or throttle to at least 250Mbps

• stvnastvna Member
    edited November 2021

@Emimarson said:
    Hi, what happen if the bandwidth limit reached? I am looking for basic VPS with unmetered or throttle to at least 250Mbps

@tomazu said:

@Hakim said:
    Do you suspend VPS or throttle connection speed if the allocated bandwith used? @tomazu
    @salakis said:
    Asking the important question, I'm afraid that it might be suspension, but throttling (even to 1 Mbit/s) would be nice.

in all other regions it would be throttling @10Mbps for sure, but in SG (and Asia) the costs for connectivity are still really high, so for the time being the VPS will be suspended till the end of the month. If pricing improves we will update this policy of course.

There is always the option to buy additional traffic and/or upgrade to a higher plan with more included traffic.

Regarding the 1 Mbit/s request, I will have this evaluated internally, but consider that 1Mbps bidirectional traffic alone already amounts to ~643GB per month. A lot also depends on the mix of the traffic (local, peers, upstream, backhaul, internal etc.).

Thanked by 1tomazu

@Neko_star said:
    I can ask for no refund, but you must solve my problem

you have asked for a refund nonetheless, not only one or two times, but well.

Which of your problems should I solve? You keep bringing up new ones.

VPS performance is very low

what performance numbers exactly? Please open a new ticket (do not reopen an old one!) and try to be as specific as possible and somebody will look into this or I could move your VPS to another node.

@Pilotseye said:
    Thanks for pointing me to the crash kernel, totally forgot about it in C8.

yes, no problem - there would be no drama on LET otherwise ;-)

As for the disk speeds, maybe you have a way of improving that, seen HDDs performing better than your NVMe, sorry.

will look into that and also at the yabs-result shown above, which seems low.

Here is the download result as requested:
    2021-11-30 08:23:09 (23.8 MB/s) - ‘CentOS-8.5.2111-x86_64-boot.iso’ saved [827326464/827326464]

OK, this is approx. 190 Mbps and should be higher also. Have you tried downloading to /dev/null or to the disk? As soon as I get to it I will verify the hardware node your VPS is on and get back to you.

edited November 2021

@Pilotseye said:

So if I want the disk and network speeds advertised here, I shall go for a plan with more "power" for 3 or 6€ / month - interesting sales model :wink:

very nice from you posting from the ticket out of context directly on this thread, what a gentleman ;-)

I will ask Markus about this ticket, but generally what disk and network speeds have we advertised here that you make reference to?

Nonetheless I will look into this also, maybe there really is an issue with a hardware node at least two of you seem to have been provisioned on.

edited November 2021

@tomazu I'm not interested in any LET drama, I leave it to the real drama experts :wink: but it is good to see that you are also interested in finding and fixing possible HW issues.

Don't see a reason why I should not be allowed to share my experience with your customer support with LET though, is there a rule the says one can't? If so, feel free to flag my post and a mod will gladly delete it for you, I guess :wink:

edited November 2021

@Pilotseye said:
    @tomazu I'm not interested in any LET drama, I leave it to the real drama experts :wink: but it is good to see that you are also interested in finding and fixing possible HW issues.

yes, I am really interested in fixing the real issues for sure, if there are any and of course to get better and better.

This being said, you started by posting and factually stating that some RAM was somehow missing from your VPS and then you publish a snippet of a support ticket response out of context directly into our BlackFriday thread. I can see how you are really trying hard to put a positive spin on our services.

UPDATE:
    You edited your original post and added this:

Don't see a reason why I should not be allowed to share my experience with your customer support with LET though, is there a rule the says one can't? If so, feel free to flag my post and a mod will gladly delete it for you, I guess :wink:

you clearly are not trying to do this in a fair and respectful way and for sure are not trying to give a positive spin to it.

I am not for reporting or flagging posts to the moderators and will not start with your posts here. But my expectation is that:

(1) offer threads are not for technical support and

(2) factual statements like the one you have posted about the RAM not being there on the VPS should be backed by good evidence or otherwise not being allowed as it is not positive for the offers, not positive for the image and also not positive for the other (potential and non) clients looking at this.

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

@tomazu said: yes, I am really interested in fixing the real issues for sure, if there are any and of course to get better and better.

That concurs with my experience with Webhosting24 and @tomazu . I use their services in different locations since they joined the LowEnd market (last year or so?) and I never had any issues with their performance. I must add that I don't care about benchmarks, though, rather than my feeling whether things run smoothly or not.

I remember a routing issue between two of their locations and some packet loss a while ago. Both tickets were handled quickly and in a very professional way: The routing issue was resolved within 12 hours, the packet loss issue took a bit longer since they had to replace networking gear halfway around the world. Although I didn't push my ticket, Thomas updated it every few days giving me detailed information about what they're doing and what issues they were facing while they were working to resolve it, which I really appreciate.

Webhosting24 isn't some random provider who throws Virtualizor on rented gear and blames their datacenter or upstream for any issues. I'm almost sure that all their gear is owned by them and I'm confident that they know exactly what they're doing.

Thanked by 2tomazu xetsys
  • @tomazu said:

@Pilotseye said:

yes, I am really interested in fixing the real issues for sure, if there are any and of course to get better and better.

This being said, you started by posting and factually stating that some RAM was somehow missing from your VPS and then you publish a snippet of a support ticket response out of context directly into our BlackFriday thread. I can see how you are really trying hard to put a positive spin on our services.

Not sure what you are trying to say here, but the snippet was directly related to the performance issue that I stated here as well as in the ticket. Now you actually admitted that there might be an issue with the node, whereas in the ticket I was told to upgrade my service or take it as it is basically. So no, despite what you may think, I am not interested at all to put your service into a bad light, so please don't take it personal.

• @brueggus thanks for your feedback, I really appreciate that you shared your positive experience, would have hoped for the same positive experience with their customer support as well.

@brueggus said:

@tomazu said: yes, I am really interested in fixing the real issues for sure, if there are any and of course to get better and better.

That concurs with my experience with Webhosting24 and @tomazu . I use their services in different locations since they joined the LowEnd market (last year or so?) and I never had any issues with their performance. I must add that I don't care about benchmarks, though, rather than my feeling whether things run smoothly or not.

feeling flattered now, thank you @brueggus!

Everybody who is in the hosting and network space knows that things can and will break sometimes - it happens to CloudFlare, to FaceBook and even to Google! In those stressful situations you will see the difference, you will see who is resilient, who is prepared, who can keep the communication up and information flowing and who is not (I bet a dDoS is coming in any moment now :-D). We cannot always grow our business, but we can get better every single year and we are in this business since 2001.

Thanked by 3_MS_ xetsys VayVayKa
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

Upgraded to the new plan, and then this happened:

CPU 11.9%

CPU steal

Everyone else is benching?

• @yoursunny said:

CPU 11.9%

CPU steal

Not sure what you mean? CPU is at 11.9%?

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@tungbon said:

@yoursunny said:

CPU 11.9%

CPU steal

Look at the cyan part: steal is over 80%.
    VirMach performs better than this.

I've shutdown the server for now until @cybertech gang finishes benching.

• Most of the people who praised this provider 3 months ago are not present here. Change your attitude and improve your service. Maybe you still have a chance.

• @wxcszh said:
    Most of the people who praised this provider 3 months ago are not present here. Change your attitude and improve your service. Maybe you still have a chance.

People who have good opinions tend to speak less. People who hold a grudge are like a squeaky wheel that needs grease.

Thanked by 4FAT32 DP tomazu xetsys
  • @yoursunny said:

@tungbon said:

@yoursunny said:

CPU 11.9%

CPU steal

im innocent! no services with W24 (yet)

• @tetech said:

@wxcszh said:
    Most of the people who praised this provider 3 months ago are not present here. Change your attitude and improve your service. Maybe you still have a chance.

People who have good opinions tend to speak less. People who hold a grudge are like a squeaky wheel that needs grease.

Ah yes yes yes :)

Thanked by 1kuso
    edited December 2021

@yoursunny said:

@tungbon said:

@yoursunny said:

CPU 11.9%

CPU steal

honestly I do not understand how that is possible - there is more CPU capacity than enough on all hardware nodes, but I will look into your VPS now specifically and get back to you ASAP.

Why haven't you reported back on ticket #777189 where I asked specifically if everything was OK with your VPS?

edited December 2021

@wxcszh said:

you know that you have made it and are doing things right, when the haters keep coming back for more. All the energy you put in, being in your signature makes me proud!

The approx. 44Gbps dDoS from China we receive every time I reply to you? Coincidence and fully worth it.

Thanked by 3wxcszh yoursunny vyas11