Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pulsed Media V1000 Seedbox BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL! RAID0, 1Gbps, Unlimited* Traffic. 15% OFF Recurring
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Pulsed Media V1000 Seedbox BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL! RAID0, 1Gbps, Unlimited* Traffic. 15% OFF Recurring

PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

Pulsed Media 2021 Black Friday V1000 Special

A nice recurring discount on V1000 Series seedboxes!
-15% recurring for any payment period. You can compound this with the long term discount too.

• V1000 XS: 1TB Storage, 1GB Ram, 1Gbps bandwidth, 4 000GiB External Traffic, Unlimited Internal Traffic: 5.99€ 5.09€ Per Month
  • V1000 S: 4TB Storage, 3GB Ram, 1Gbps bandwidth, 20 000GiB External Traffic, Unlimited Internal Traffic: 9.99€ 8.49€ Per Month
  • V1000 M: 6TB Storage, 6GB Ram, 1Gbps bandwidth, Unlimited* External Traffic, Unlimited Internal Traffic: 13.99€ 11.89€ Per Month
  • V1000 L: 8TB Storage, 8GB Ram, 1Gbps bandwidth, Unlimited* External Traffic, Unlimited Internal Traffic: 19.99€ 16.99€ Per Month

Promocode: 2021bflet-v1000-15recur
Long term discounts compoundable. Price updates on checkout page. Only 1 per customer.

Check them all out at: https://pulsedmedia.com/value1000-seedbox.php Price updates on checkout page.

If you are looking for 10Gbps bandwidth, check out our newly released V10G 10Gbps RAID0 seedboxes

Payment methods

• Paypal
  • Crypto (BTC, LTC, XMR, ETH, DOGE and many others.)
Thanked by 1caracal

Comments

• Can you offer no setup fee on V10G L with extra disks... That would be great

• PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

@Hayashima said: Can you offer no setup fee on V10G L with extra disks... That would be great

It is except for the largest one -- it requires manually ensuring that space is available, potential migration etc.

For longer than 1 month payment none of them have setup fees.

• Love it when providers say unlimited* and completely fail to resolve/clarify that asterisk somewhere. 🤦‍♂️

Thanked by 1yoursunny

@icebeer871 said:
    Love it when providers say unlimited* and completely fail to resolve/clarify that asterisk somewhere. 🤦‍♂️

Ooopsie!
    Minimum speed is 100Mbps. My bad when typing that out.

Good catch, will make extra notion next time.

Oh and it is explained on our site on that service page

• Happy with their service overall for the price. However, they do not allow for automatic invoice payments from stored credit. Almost forgot to click pay once and almost lost my service :P

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia

@caracal said:
    Happy with their service overall for the price. However, they do not allow for automatic invoice payments from stored credit. Almost forgot to click pay once and almost lost my service :P

we are considering changing this over.
    We had so much issues with some resellers a decade ago not wanting their credit to be used automatically we turned that off.

But now it's vice-versa, and some other things are also pointing towards it might be best to just re-enable that.

• @PulsedMedia is it possible to use webdav ? I would like to use the storage of the seedbox to mount it to my storage server at home.
    with ftp i was not able to change the permissions

@d2411 said:
    @PulsedMedia is it possible to use webdav ? I would like to use the storage of the seedbox to mount it to my storage server at home.

no. lol we removed the support years ago due to no demand. All of sudden it is now in demand. time to roll it out again i guess.

With what do you use webdav?

• I am running a rsync script to backup my storage to the seedbox.
    The main problem is, that i am not able to change the file permissions while uploading.

• @PulsedMedia said:

@d2411 said:
    @PulsedMedia is it possible to use webdav ? I would like to use the storage of the seedbox to mount it to my storage server at home.

no. lol we removed the support years ago due to no demand. All of sudden it is now in demand. time to roll it out again i guess.

+1 please add WebDAV support

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia

@d2411 said:
    I am running a rsync script to backup my storage to the seedbox.
    The main problem is, that i am not able to change the file permissions while uploading.

If you are already using rsync, and esp if you use a key, you can just send commands to the server, or sshfs mount as well. No need for webdav in that case

• Hmm. the folder is mounted over ftp to my server /mnt/storage
    If i try to change a file permission manually i always get permissions denied. Also as root user.

• @PulsedMedia said:

@caracal said:
    Happy with their service overall for the price. However, they do not allow for automatic invoice payments from stored credit. Almost forgot to click pay once and almost lost my service :P

We had so much issues with some resellers a decade ago not wanting their credit to be used automatically we turned that off.

But now it's vice-versa, and some other things are also pointing towards it might be best to just re-enable that.

what about the paypal ? is it fixed ?

@iSky said:

@PulsedMedia said:

@caracal said:

what about the paypal ? is it fixed ?

During normal order subscription creation works every single time. From invoice view it is random luck. One time payment works every single time. PP changed something and it's been random luck ever since.

Software update on our end is coming within december, maybe that fixes making new subscriptions after the order (from invoice view)

Thanked by 1iSky
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited November 2021

@PulsedMedia said:

@d2411 said:

Been down this road a few times. High demand equals 2-5 users 😂

Seriously though, every time lol

Great offers and I'm in. Linux ISOs for everyone.

• can it use on my exist seedbox, or i have to migrate my data to new blackfriday seeedbox, :'(

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

I got Debian 8 … EOL … hackers are peeking into my garden.

Egress to Verizon FiOS is congested in the evening.
    I have to setup VPN through OVH France, and then I can stream 1080p movies in VLC app.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @yoursunny said:
    I got Debian 8 … EOL … hackers are peeking into my garden.

They're not peeking into your garden, they're watching your movies with you.

lol -- Debian 8 is not that old. That being said, we are slowly migrating everyone to newer distro -- it just takes time. We just don't want to do dist-upgrades on the servers, too many things can go wrong. That being said, we are open to feedback on experiences on jumping Deb8 to Deb10/11 straight with dist-upgrade / apt full-upgrade

Tbh, the way we manage things it might be better if we move to a rolling release distro, since that is what we do as well internally. But at a quick glance there does not seem to be a good option for Debian based distro, and Arch would be the best bet. Tho that might change too many things. There are so many directions we could take the development tho.

Verizon FiOS: Hasn't it always been congested?
    I cannot recall it ever being 24/7 fast to Europe. Tested from various DCs.

Webdav; Noticed that atleast module was left in for lighttpd, so if you direct access your lighttpd port it just might work. might. Not sure, have not tested. check .lighttpd.conf. to see your lighttpd port.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • Can we have lg or test ip please ?

• Sanjue007Sanjue007 Member
    edited December 2021

@PulsedMedia Since few days in rtorrent webUI when i delete a torrent with it's data, there seems it's not completely removing from the storage i have to manually log in via FTP to delete it from the directory. Can you please check on that?

• KuKluxKlabKuKluxKlab Member
    edited December 2021

Hi, I see you got rid of the Filemanager rutorrent plugins a while ago. They were pretty helpful, but the last time I tried to install them, it just wasn't happening.
    What do you guys think of the Flood frontend for rtorrent/transmission/etc? It seems more suited for individuals that aren't power-users but it's decent looking.

• @Sanjue007 said: @PulsedMedia Since few days in rtorrent webUI when i delete a torrent with it's data, there seems it's not completely removing from the storage i have to manually log in via FTP to delete it from the directory. Can you please check on that?

Open ticket. This (or any other) topic on LET is not a place for things like that.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@PulsedMedia said:
    lol -- Debian 8 is not that old.

Debian 8 is EOL, which means vulnerability is not patched.

That being said, we are slowly migrating everyone to newer distro -- it just takes time. We just don't want to do dist-upgrades on the servers, too many things can go wrong. That being said, we are open to feedback on experiences on jumping Deb8 to Deb10/11 straight with dist-upgrade / apt full-upgrade

Reputation says Debian dist-upgrade is well-tested and rarely go wrong, while Ubuntu often breaks on dist-upgrade.
    However, you can only dist-upgrade one major version at a time, so that upgrading from Debian 8 to Debian 11 would take too much effort.

You may as well install Debian 11 on a spare unit, and give everyone 3 days to copy over their files.

Tbh, the way we manage things it might be better if we move to a rolling release distro, since that is what we do as well internally. But at a quick glance there does not seem to be a good option for Debian based distro, and Arch would be the best bet. Tho that might change too many things. There are so many directions we could take the development tho.

The first time I used Arch Linux, pacman wanted to upgrade libc, and then the machine never started again.
    I never tried Arch Linux after that.

Verizon FiOS: Hasn't it always been congested?
    I cannot recall it ever being 24/7 fast to Europe. Tested from various DCs.

I can download from OVH Roubaix fast, so I install WireGuard there.
    The drawback is that Google displays in French.

Thanked by 2niknar1900 vimalware
  • @Sanjue007 said: @PulsedMedia Since few days in rtorrent webUI when i delete a torrent with it's data, there seems it's not completely removing from the storage i have to manually log in via FTP to delete it from the directory. Can you please check on that?

Happens all the time to me, although I just use FileManager to go and remove the files rather than FTP.

edited December 2021

@inthecloudblog said:
    Can we have lg or test ip please ?

open a sales ticket, we don't post those publicly as they will get abused for sure.

@Sanjue007 said:
    @PulsedMedia Since few days in rtorrent webUI when i delete a torrent with it's data, there seems it's not completely removing from the storage i have to manually log in via FTP to delete it from the directory. Can you please check on that?

That's a decade+ old rTorrent bug. restart rtorrent and it works again, also refrain from deleting huge amounts of data & torrents at once.

You can submit bug report to rtorrent github, maybe you can get someone to actually fix this. We cannot.

@KuKluxKlab said:
    Hi, I see you got rid of the Filemanager rutorrent plugins a while ago. They were pretty helpful, but the last time I tried to install them, it just wasn't happening.
    What do you guys think of the Flood frontend for rtorrent/transmission/etc? It seems more suited for individuals that aren't power-users but it's decent looking.

no opinion on flood at this time.

@yoursunny said: Debian 8 is EOL, which means vulnerability is not patched.

Serious issues still tend to get patches. But yes it is EOL and it is on it's way out. Just changing hundreds of servers, thousands of users is not an overnight task -- nor should any company worth your money take such huge risks.

This has been on-going process for ... Uh i cannot recall how long now.

@yoursunny said: Reputation says Debian dist-upgrade is well-tested and rarely go wrong, while Ubuntu often breaks on dist-upgrade.
    However, you can only dist-upgrade one major version at a time, so that upgrading from Debian 8 to Debian 11 would take too much effort.

Certainly works quite well on a typical no custom stuff servers.
    We don't run vanilla everything, all from repo, no custom configs servers.

Things are not as simple as on a single user desktop system with vanilla config everything, when you deal with servers and thousands of users. Not even close.

Always when we have idling already empty production deb8 servers we forget to test what-if the dist-upgrade multiple times over would work.

but alas, it's also good to do full cleanup occasionally. Even linux builds up all kinds of excess stuff when you do things like this. That stuff can cause that we need 2 versions for certain configs (esp Python!!): One for fresh installed Debian, one for dist-upgraded.

Oh we initially built our code for Debian 5 ... Yea it's been that long

@yoursunny said: You may as well install Debian 11 on a spare unit, and give everyone 3 days to copy over their files.

This is how we upgrade the machines. There are always users who ignore all emails, even if we send 1000 of them over 2 months, still some users fail to notice the notifications. Also that takes work. Typically you also need to give 1-2 weeks of time. Way too often after 7 days we shutdown the server and there are complaints why the old one is down.

There are always some users who will take gripe with you if you move them. It's not as bad as it used to be, but still some users will be angry about it. Years ago each migration could cause 5+% service cancellation rate, even when it has zero issues, zero tickets, everything went as smooth as it possibly could. I know i would be annoyed of a sudden migration, i just like things to work and remain on place from here to as long as i use it.

TL;DR; Migration of all old Deb8 systems to Deb10/Deb11 takes years. Not hours, not days, not weeks or even months, but years.

We are going to try dist-upgrade from deb10 to deb11 -- there are far far fewer changes than even deb8 to deb9. Deb11 tested without any changes to our codebase seemed to be like 98% there.

@yoursunny said: The first time I used Arch Linux, pacman wanted to upgrade libc, and then the machine never started again.

I never tried Arch Linux after that.

Ouch. I've heard of this kind of stuff happening on Arch before too, nature of rolling releases i guess.

@Nekki said: Happens all the time to me, although I just use FileManager to go and remove the files rather than FTP.

Sucks completely. You would think something like this gets fixed after more than a decade, but no. Happens less on low load servers tho, as they can erase the data faster. Sometimes rTorrent doesn't even try, got to restart rTorrent.

These kinds of stuff is why we consider rTorrent abandonware and are gradually moving to other torrent clients.

also we tested that both rTorrent and Deluge software is the limit for upper performance. No matter how much hardware you throw at them, after certain point you just cannot get more throughput from them.

Thanked by 2yoursunny Sanjue007

Oh one more thing; We do take every opportunity to upgrade distro. ie. on raid5 systems rather than replace the failed drive, we migrate all users to new server as it's both safer and accomplishes dist-upgrade & system cleanup at the go.

But still, it all takes time. We try to avoid provisioning new users to Deb8 servers as well as much as possible.

Funny thing, there is still even a couple of deb7 servers in production ... tho they are on expedited list to be upgraded.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • KuKluxKlabKuKluxKlab Member
    edited December 2021

If someone in this thread would like
    I wouldn't mind arranging a transfer. PM me

Thanked by 2nordmann chedenaz