Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


Mxroute - How to use?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

Mxroute - How to use?

Have a very noob question regarding MXroute services.

Can we use Mxroute services only for sending out website emails through SMTP.

If a have a domain (abc.com) configured with Zoho email, can I use mxroute SMTP to send out website transactional emails?

Comments

  • HotmarerHotmarer Member
    edited November 24

    Yes, but max 300 emails/h. And if you use more please change email provider to AWS SES.

    Also remember to edit SPF record.

  • LTnigerLTniger Member
    edited November 24

    Yea, MXroute documentation and self-support is insanely bad. You must know what to do, otherwise, you are in a lot of problem. And this is not a joke.

  • FrankZFrankZ Member
    edited November 24

    If your using sendmail on your server I can tell you how to do it.
    If your using something else I can not be of any help.

  • literally, the config was sent to your mail.

  • Yes I am having a hard time figuring out how and where to enter the DNS.

    I have a domain (abc.com) hosted on a DA server (server1).

    Current MX record of the domain

    abc.com. 3600 MX 10 mx.zoho.in.
    abc.com. 3600 MX 20 mx2.zoho.in.
    abc.com. 3600 MX 50 mx3.zoho.in.

    Now I have created the same domain abc.com in Mxroute panel (https://tuesday.mxrouting.net/)

    Where should I use the Mxroute MX records which I received on email?

    tuesday.mxrouting.net (Priority 10)
    tuesday-relay.mxrouting.net (Priority 20)

  • NekkiNekki Member
    edited November 24

    @shakensoul said:

    Where should I use the Mxroute MX records which I received on email?

    tuesday.mxrouting.net (Priority 10)
    tuesday-relay.mxrouting.net (Priority 20)

    You need to create the MX records in DNS for abc.com.

    Edit: Sorry, didn't read this properly. If you don't want to receive email into MXRoute, ignore them.

    Thanked by 1shakensoul
  • For outbound only you do not create mx dns records for your mxroute server. You add include:mxlogin.com to your spf dns record and speaking sendmail you add a smarthost relay to your web server's outbound email server with an authinfo file containing the login info of your account.

  • @FrankZ said:
    For outbound only you do not create mx dns records for your mxroute server. You add include:mxlogin.com to your spf dns record and speaking sendmail you add a smarthost relay to your web server's outbound email server with an authinfo file containing the login info of your account.

    Thanks, this is all the information I wanted and was able to setup a sending only domain in a minute. Mxroute should mention the keywords "sending/receiving domain" in the welcome email for new users.

    Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • @shakensoul said: If a have a domain (abc.com) configured with Zoho email, can I use mxroute SMTP to send out website transactional emails?

    You'd better watch those transactional emails closely (even if you're limited to 300 / hour), because @jar is a no-nonsense guy

  • jarjar Provider
    edited November 24

    @shakensoul said:

    @FrankZ said:
    For outbound only you do not create mx dns records for your mxroute server. You add include:mxlogin.com to your spf dns record and speaking sendmail you add a smarthost relay to your web server's outbound email server with an authinfo file containing the login info of your account.

    Thanks, this is all the information I wanted and was able to setup a sending only domain in a minute. Mxroute should mention the keywords "sending/receiving domain" in the welcome email for new users.

    Truthfully I'm having trouble getting people to read the email already 😂

    We're not really a send only service but you're welcome to use it that way.

    Thanked by 1skorous
  • jarjar Provider

    @LTniger said:
    Yea, MXroute documentation and self-support is insanely bad. You must know what to do, otherwise, you are in a lot of problem. And this is not a joke.

    If you feel that there are any documentation articles that are missing which might be vital to your success, I would like to know. Most often all I get are "You don't have a DNS article for X provider."

  • @angstrom said:

    @shakensoul said: If a have a domain (abc.com) configured with Zoho email, can I use mxroute SMTP to send out website transactional emails?

    You'd better watch those transactional emails closely (even if you're limited to 300 / hour), because @jar is a no-nonsense guy

    Yes, I know jar's reputation here on LET, but these will be simple woocommerce order/enquiry type emails, and will be careful and cautious ;)

  • @shakensoul said:

    @angstrom said:

    @shakensoul said: If a have a domain (abc.com) configured with Zoho email, can I use mxroute SMTP to send out website transactional emails?

    You'd better watch those transactional emails closely (even if you're limited to 300 / hour), because @jar is a no-nonsense guy

    Yes, I know jar's reputation here on LET, but these will be simple woocommerce order/enquiry type emails, and will be careful and cautious ;)

    @jar has a colourful reputation in other places too (inclu some FB group).
    Someone had posted the MXRoute BF offer in one such group, and two types of responses arose: "Yay" and "MXRoute? Heck no"

    :-)

    Thanked by 1jar
  • jarjar Provider
    edited November 25

    @vyas11 said:

    @shakensoul said:

    @angstrom said:

    @shakensoul said: If a have a domain (abc.com) configured with Zoho email, can I use mxroute SMTP to send out website transactional emails?

    You'd better watch those transactional emails closely (even if you're limited to 300 / hour), because @jar is a no-nonsense guy

    Yes, I know jar's reputation here on LET, but these will be simple woocommerce order/enquiry type emails, and will be careful and cautious ;)

    @jar has a colourful reputation in other places too (inclu some FB group).
    Someone had posted the MXRoute BF offer in one such group, and two types of responses arose: "Yay" and "MXRoute? Heck no"

    :-)

    And you'd think that would result in mixed or low business but it's actually having the exact desired impact. Marketers make up less than 1% of registrations and chargebacks are even lower. The most problematic users are scared to death of signing up, I just have to wave my arms like madman every now and then to perpetuate the reputation.

    Thanked by 2vyas11 scooke
  • @jar said:

    @vyas11 said:

    @shakensoul said:

    @angstrom said:

    @shakensoul said: If a have a domain (abc.com) configured with Zoho email, can I use mxroute SMTP to send out website transactional emails?

    You'd better watch those transactional emails closely (even if you're limited to 300 / hour), because @jar is a no-nonsense guy

    Yes, I know jar's reputation here on LET, but these will be simple woocommerce order/enquiry type emails, and will be careful and cautious ;)

    @jar has a colourful reputation in other places too (inclu some FB group).
    Someone had posted the MXRoute BF offer in one such group, and two types of responses arose: "Yay" and "MXRoute? Heck no"

    :-)

    And you'd think that would result in mixed or low business but it's actually having the exact desired impact.

    True that.

    Thanked by 1jar
  • Me being selfish, I like the fact how @jar knowingly or unknowingly keeps certain type of users away from Mxroute. I prefer him having less users instead of having too many customers who needs to be spoon-fed about how email works. At least that way, there'll be less chances of a 'new kid on the block' messing around with their email delivery rate and reputation. And he'll have more time maintaining and improving his current infrastructure.

    If it's up to me, I would add a basic quiz about 'How Email Works' on Mxroute's order page. People will have to pass that quiz and only then they'll be able place the order. Like a captcha but a hardcore one.

    But, I guess he has to pay the bills, pay his staff, worry about new developments and projects and he needs $$$$ for all those things. More customers more $$$$.

    It's a difficult thing to balance. Glad I am not in his position. B)

    Thanked by 2jar LiliLabs
  • I disagree, mxroute docs have improved a lot, however, if you don't know basics of mail services , then its not for you.

    Thanked by 1jar
  • I have a 2GB plan, very satisfied, and would like to get the 10GB bf deal to raise domain limits, to future proof.

    Is it possible to have limits raised (# of domains, etc) and avoid migration, and other changes of settings? Thanks!!!

  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

    @level6 said:
    I have a 2GB plan, very satisfied, and would like to get the 10GB bf deal to raise domain limits, to future proof.

    10GB isn't enough.
    You need:
    SPAM PLAN $300/year

    Is it possible to have limits raised (# of domains, etc) and avoid migration, and other changes of settings? Thanks!!!

    You can't avoid migration.
    Think this way: you live in a one-bedroom apartment and you want to live in a big house, you can't avoid moving.

  • @yoursunny said:

    @level6 said:
    I have a 2GB plan, very satisfied, and would like to get the 10GB bf deal to raise domain limits, to future proof.

    10GB isn't enough.
    You need:
    SPAM PLAN $300/year

    Is it possible to have limits raised (# of domains, etc) and avoid migration, and other changes of settings? Thanks!!!

    You can't avoid migration.
    Think this way: you live in a one-bedroom apartment and you want to live in a big house, you can't avoid moving.

    I get your analogy. But I can raise limits for my hosting customers in place, no changes needed. That's why I asked.

    Thanks for the reply and I'll keep my 2GB.

  • jarjar Provider
    edited November 25

    You can always upgrade to the front page plans, and just ticket me if the upgrade option is missing. Promos however can't be upgraded to and are typically very calculated in which servers they roll out to. I try to keep promos to 10% of a server.

    Thanked by 1level6
  • HxxxHxxx Member
    edited November 25

    @jar Honest question, when people here say frontpage, is it LEB or the forum index? Been reading the term many times on the bF related threads.

    Thanked by 1jar
  • jarjar Provider

    @Hxxx said:
    @jar Honest question, when people here say frontpage, is it LEB or the forum index? Been reading the term many times on the bF related threads.

    I just mean the plans on the front page of mxroute.com.

    Thanked by 1Hxxx
  • @Hxxx said: @jar Honest question, when people here say frontpage, is it LEB or the forum index?

    Never go to LEB.

    Thanked by 1Hxxx
Sign In or Register to comment.