Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

β€Ί LET BLACKFRIDAY LOUNGE! A DEAL FOR EVERYONE + 100's of GIVEAWAYS (RackNerd's OFFICIAL BlackFriday) - Page 28
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LET BLACKFRIDAY LOUNGE! A DEAL FOR EVERYONE + 100's of GIVEAWAYS (RackNerd's OFFICIAL BlackFriday)

Comments

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@tototo said:
    Thank you <3 @dustinc

768 MB KVM VPS Black Friday 2021

# ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2021-10-09                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #

Tue 23 Nov 2021 07:53:03 PM EST

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Processor  : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2697 v2 @ 2.70GHz
    CPU cores  : 1 @ 2699.998 MHz
    AES-NI     : βœ” Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ❌ Disabled
    RAM        : 724.4 MiB
    Swap       : 768.0 MiB
    Disk       : 11.0 GiB

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 79.14 MB/s   (19.7k) | 1.19 GB/s    (18.6k)
    Write      | 79.35 MB/s   (19.8k) | 1.19 GB/s    (18.6k)
    Total      | 158.49 MB/s  (39.6k) | 2.38 GB/s    (37.2k)
               |                      |
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 1.31 GB/s     (2.5k) | 1.28 GB/s     (1.2k)
    Write      | 1.38 GB/s     (2.7k) | 1.36 GB/s     (1.3k)
    Total      | 2.69 GB/s     (5.2k) | 2.64 GB/s     (2.5k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed
                    |                           |                 |
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 787 Mbits/sec   | 70.2 Mbits/sec
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 798 Mbits/sec   | 59.4 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 864 Mbits/sec   | 147 Mbits/sec

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 683
    Multi Core      | 707
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/11164246

Hi @tototo -- looks good! Thank you for sharing the benchmark, we look forward to working with you for many years to come πŸ‘Š

@bitseeker said:
    Just renewed my RackNerd VPSes the other day. Of course, that means even better deals are going to show up and tempt me into buying more VPSes. I should log off now. :D

Hi @bitseeker -- that's awesome - we're glad to hear that you decided to renew your services with us.

Thank you so much for your continued business πŸ‘Š

Thanked by 1bitseeker

@digitalwicked said:
    Great performance on the service - thanks.

Hi @digitalwicked -- happy to hear that you're enjoying the level of service and performance that we have to offer. We are definitely pro performance here and strive to provide reliability and speeds that you can count on for your production use cases.

If there's anything we can ever do for you, feel free to reach out - [email protected] πŸ‘Š Thank You for doing business with RackNerd.

Thanked by 1digitalwicked
  • @dustinc, thank you for the awesome offers, the reliable service, and the excellent customer support! I had to resist buying more than one service...

Order Number: 8097593908

I'm a very satisfied returning customer! :smile:

@bitseeker said:
    If it's anything like last year, the deals and giveaways will be fast and furious. I was just curious about what might be happening a little early.

Let's goooo! B)

@dahartigan said:
    I am dropping the ball so much this year, my timing is perfect - exactly 180 degrees out of phase with the deals. FML lol

No worries, there will be more opportunities ;) Stay tuned.

Thanked by 1dahartigan

@cutech said:
    From the San Jose node:

## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ##

Yet-Another-Bench-Script

v2021-10-09

https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script

## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ##

Wed Nov 24 01:17:54 GMT 2021

Basic System Information:

Processor : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2680 v2 @ 2.80GHz
    CPU cores : 4 @ 2799.998 MHz
    AES-NI : βœ” Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ❌ Disabled
    RAM : 3.9 GiB
    Swap : 4.0 GiB
    Disk : 69.9 GiB

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):

Block Size 4k (IOPS) 64k (IOPS)
    Read 68.47 MB/s (17.1k) 1.05 GB/s (16.4k)
    Write 68.67 MB/s (17.1k) 1.05 GB/s (16.4k)
    Total 137.15 MB/s (34.2k) 2.10 GB/s (32.8k)
    Block Size 512k (IOPS) 1m (IOPS)
    ------ --- ---- ---- ----
    Read 1.56 GB/s (3.0k) 1.46 GB/s (1.4k)
    Write 1.65 GB/s (3.2k) 1.56 GB/s (1.5k)
    Total 3.21 GB/s (6.2k) 3.03 GB/s (2.9k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):

Provider | Location (Link) | Send Speed | Recv Speed
    | | |
    Clouvider | London, UK (10G) | 762 Mbits/sec | 222 Mbits/sec
    Online.net | Paris, FR (10G) | 734 Mbits/sec | 152 Mbits/sec
    WorldStream | The Netherlands (10G) | 709 Mbits/sec | 233 Mbits/sec
    WebHorizon | Singapore (1G) | 483 Mbits/sec | 502 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider | NYC, NY, US (10G) | 732 Mbits/sec | 276 Mbits/sec
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 41.1 Mbits/sec | 139 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 893 Mbits/sec | 920 Mbits/sec
    Iveloz Telecom | Sao Paulo, BR (2G) | 580 Mbits/sec | 203 Mbits/sec

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:

Test | Value
    |
    Single Core | 587
    Multi Core | 2144
    Full Test | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/11164494

Awesome stuff @cutech -- thank you for sharing.

Looking forward to working with you for many more years to come. Thank You for doing business with RackNerd! :smiley:

@Sebster27 said:
    Damn! Missed it. Next time…?

@Sebster27 -- For sure, there will be a next time B) Stay tuned!

Thanked by 1dahartigan

@MikeIn said:
    Already have a free vps from hem not sure is it appropriate to participate for more freebies.....

All the best @dustinc

Thank You @MikeIn -- super happy to see you here! By the way, you're more than welcome to participate again this year.

Thank you for joining RackNerd's LET Black Friday lounge B) Hope to see you around.

Thanked by 1MikeIn

@biangkerok said:

@dustinc said:

@biangkerok said:
    Hi @dustinc ,any chance for shared/reseller host server will be upgraded in the future, 4 example ssd to Nvme? perhaps the cpu?

another thing, maybe you should give more information about Cloudlinux limitation on the shared n reseller package..

God bless Racknerd πŸ‘ŠπŸ»πŸ‘ŠπŸ»πŸ‘ŠπŸ»

>

Thank You again for the interest and we hope to work with you soon :)

DONE!

Please double bandwidth for #2310185

Thanks @dustinc

Hi @biangkerok -- awesome, thank you for placing an order with RackNerd! Happy to see you were able to take advantage of our Black Friday deals :)

We've doubled your bandwidth allocation.

@ferefient said:
    RackNerd fanboys/"girls" fucking suck. There is nothing special about RackNerd, nor Virmach. It is just the same oversold CC slop that was outputted by multiple providers (now deadpooled) over the years.

This is why I recommend just getting a dedi and a couple large IPv4 subnets, and going all out, with your own infrastructure. Can load up the CPU at any time, with no problematic complaints, or the like.

Your only concern is the feds seizing the dedi's HDDs, but at least, it'll make their lives harder (no easy way to dump the memory contents; well, maybe?).

Hi @ferefient -- appreciate you trying our services - I should mention (just in case you weren't aware) if you require services outside of the ColoCrossing network, we have the capacity to do so.

I also wanted to point out that depending on your use case, hosting on a VPS can at times prove to be more beneficial compared to hosting on a dedicated server with a single HDD. For example, all of our VPS host nodes are designed with at minimum 8x Enterprise SSD's in RAID-10, meaning your VPS benefits from the Disk I/O performance (much faster than a single SATA HDD would be able to accomplish), in addition to redundancy and proactive host node monitoring. This may or may not be applicable for your use case, but I figured it was worth mentioning.

We sincerely appreciate your business and hope that you continue to utilize our services.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @dustinc said: much faster than a single SATA HDD would be able to accomplish

This dedi has 4x2TB HDDs, and is configured in RAID 10, too. Sure, you have SSDs, so I'll give you that.

Thanked by 1dustinc

@Logano said:

@ferefient said:
    Yes, I've used RackNerd before, and it was just like Virmach/AlphaRacks.

That's your individual experience, not proof of any relationship with CC, though. I had 250ms ping to CVPS L.A. and other CC slops, but am getting 120ms to Racknerd L.A., and Racknerd is way cheaper now than CVPS ever was back then, with far more realistic hardware to boot.

Hi @Logano -- happy to hear that you've found our service reliability and network performance to be meeting your expectations :)

We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your experience! If you ever need anything, I'll be here to help - [email protected] πŸ‘Š

Thanked by 1Logano

@Xrmaddness said:
    @dustinc, thank you for the awesome offers, the reliable service, and the excellent customer support! I had to resist buying more than one service...

Order Number: 8097593908

I'm a very satisfied returning customer! :smile:

Hi @Xrmaddness -- thank you for the continued business :) Happy to see that the service, reliability, and customer support you've experienced has been satisfactory, I'll be sharing your positive feedback with our team internally as well.

In the meantime, we've doubled your bandwidth allocation. B)

Thanked by 1Xrmaddness
  • @dustinc said: Hi @ferefient -- appreciate you trying our services - I should mention (just in case you weren't aware) if you require services outside of the ColoCrossing network, we have the capacity to do so.

Anyone have handy which RackNerd DCs are non-CC?

@eoamk said:

@dustinc said: Hi @ferefient -- appreciate you trying our services - I should mention (just in case you weren't aware) if you require services outside of the ColoCrossing network, we have the capacity to do so.

Anyone have handy which RackNerd DCs are non-CC?

Hi @eoamk β€” great question! For these particular Black Friday offers, there are several: Los Angeles DC-02, Strasbourg, Frankfurt, Miami, and Singapore.

Additionally, we can deploy bare metal infrastructure across 20+ datacenters globally. Feel free to reach out if you had any custom requirements in mind [email protected] - and I can make a better suggestion based on your specific use case :)

Thanked by 2Logano eoamk
  • @bitseeker said:
    @dustinc how's the Chef of Flash Deals doing this Black Friday? ;)

This is what dustinc said:

@dustinc said:

@lovelyserver said:
    @dustinc no flash specials this year?

Hi @lovelyserver -- no plans for flash sales yet, but we're always open.

More giveaways, and announcements to be shared soon! Be sure to stay active within this thread :)

Thanked by 1bitseeker
  • Any chance of offers or a custom order in other racknerd datacenters?

@APenguinWeb said:
    Any chance of offers or a custom order in other racknerd datacenters?

Hi @APenguinWeb -- excellent question! We're always open / flexible - feel free to reach out to me via e-mail at [email protected] and I'll be sure to help.

• @dustinc said:

@APenguinWeb said:
    Any chance of offers or a custom order in other racknerd datacenters?

Hi @APenguinWeb -- excellent question! We're always open / flexible - feel free to reach out to me via e-mail at [email protected] and I'll be sure to help.

Will do. Just would like to knock off 15 ms of latency for my use case if at all possible

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • We bought 2 VPS last year from RN during BF last year, I had amazing support from the team. I was unfortunate and unlucky to run into a ram failure early in my service, but RN response was excellent and I was very happy. It's been smooth since and I've been happy with the service and value.

I renewed my 2 VPS deals earlier this week and I have now purchased a 3rd VPS. Perhaps I'll add a few more before the holiday is out!

order #8298841054

@r5industries said:
    We bought 2 VPS last year from RN during BF last year, I had amazing support from the team. I was unfortunate and unlucky to run into a ram failure early in my service, but RN response was excellent and I was very happy. It's been smooth since and I've been happy with the service and value.

I renewed my 2 VPS deals earlier this week and I have now purchased a 3rd VPS. Perhaps I'll add a few more before the holiday is out!

order #8298841054

Hi @r5industries -- there you are! I recall you participating on last year's thread, super excited to see you here this year as well πŸ₯³ Time flies, thank you for the continued business (on both the renewals, and the additional services). Happy to hear that you've found our service and support to be smooth despite the initial hiccup. If this ever changes, or if you ever need any help down the road, here's my direct e-mail: [email protected]

We've doubled the bandwidth for your latest order.

Thanked by 1r5industries
  • Renewed the flash deal I bought last year.
    Waiting for this year's flash sales. πŸ‘

• 3 hours to go, waiting for flash sales....and other bf sales too

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • edited November 2021

I've been a constant lurker in LEB for years now, silently getting deals here and there. I've also been wanting to tryout RackNerd for a while now because of all the positive exposure it gets in LEB.

I finally jumped the gun with the Black Friday deals. Good deal imo. Hope I get the double bandwidth soon. :smile:

Order #: 5240993447

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • @dustinc said:

@doghouch said:
    Invoice #: 2301281
    Order #: 2817895880

Please double my bandwidth as well :-]

Edit: Is SSH available on shared plans? I want to toss a few dev. Node apps on here.

Hi @doghouch -- thank you for placing an order with RackNerd!

Jailed shell access is available on shared hosting plans upon request, just open a support ticket and we can get that enabled for you.

We've doubled your bandwidth allocation as well B)

Sent a ticket and SSH was active within four minutes. Probably was a single click for support but still -- support is impressively quick for the price! <3

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • @BlazinDimes said:

Where has this been all my life.

Awesome :sunglasses:

@Iroshan464 said:
    Renewed the flash deal I bought last year.
    Waiting for this year's flash sales. πŸ‘

Hi @Iroshan464 -- thank you for renewing your service with us! While we don't have any flash sales planned at this time, we're always open to considering it if the demand is there.

Thanks for participating in our lounge! We sincerely appreciate your business.

@oldzhao said:
    3 hours to go, waiting for flash sales....and other bf sales too

Hi @oldzhao -- happy to see you're here to join the fun :smiley: Welcome to the party.

• #RACKNERD-BANG-BANG

#RACKNERD-SUPER-BLACK-FRIDAY