Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Netcup Black Friday Deals - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Netcup Black Friday Deals

Comments

• @Falzo said: I am still fighting over buying the RS 2000 finally. don't need it now, but wanted to have it for a long time. could potentially push back to december, as I am pretty sure it will pop up in their advent calendar thingy again.

It is back in stock!

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • The RS2000 is delivered, i also ordered the VPS Black Volcano.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • FalzoFalzo Member
    edited November 2021

yeah, the volcano is also a good option, now available here: https://www.netcup-offers.eu/bestellen/produkt.php?produkt=2802

PS: I managed to resist the RS 2000 for now. because my internet is broken right now. BF... coincidence?

Thanked by 1FoxelVox
  • @Falzo said: the volcano is also a good option

The volcano is very nice (but it would be even nicer with a little bit more RAM).

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • I’m still debating whether I want to go for the RS 4000 G9 SE or RS Black Storm to replace my current RS 2000 G9... luckily I still have some time

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • @Falzo said: because my internet is broken right now.

Sounds like Germany to me.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • @debaser said:

@Falzo said: because my internet is broken right now.

Sounds like Germany to me.

yep. 1Gbit cable, vodafone. packet loss to the moon and back. ongoing for a few days now. annoying.

• xetsysxetsys Member
    edited November 2021

@thimo said:
    I’m still debating whether I want to go for the RS 4000 G9 SE or RS Black Storm to replace my current RS 2000 G9... luckily I still have some time

Before settling on Hetzner, I mistook netcup RS as a dedicated server due to dedicated cores + 80TB+ bandwidth. But soon, I realized that these servers are not cut for dedicated usage. Disk is shared. So if your use case demands high intensity usage that lasts more than an hour, Hetzner will be a better option.

• dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

@Falzo said:
    yep. 1Gbit cable, vodafone. packet loss to the moon and back. ongoing for a few days now. annoying.

Never ever buy any shared last mile. Lesson learned. I love my tiny yet stable 50 Mbps VDSL link since I quit that cable crap due to SLA violation (in the end Vodafone admitted that they cannot fulfill the minimum requirements by BNetzA).

• @dfroe said:

@Falzo said:

Never ever buy any shared last mile. Lesson learned. I love my tiny yet stable 50 Mbps VDSL link since I quit that cable crap due to SLA violation (in the end Vodafone admitted that they cannot fulfill the minimum requirements by BNetzA).

yeah, I am already thinking of an alternative or backup line or something like that. 50Mbps still feel quite small, esp. with the upload usually being much smaller then as well.

• dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

@Falzo said:
    50Mbps still feel quite small, esp. with the upload usually being much smaller then as well.

Hoping for your DSLAM to get the 100/40 upgrade.
    Best deal IMHO in DE, especially with 40M up.

Thanked by 1k4zz
  • @dfroe said:

@Falzo said:
    50Mbps still feel quite small, esp. with the upload usually being much smaller then as well.

Hoping for your DSLAM to get the 100/40 upgrade.
    Best deal IMHO in DE, especially with 40M up.

yeah, last time I checked they offered some 15/1 crap here. hence cablemax was very welcome. and to be fair it worked good for some years, blips here and there but bearable. now this period of ongoing crap for two weeks or so is really getting on my nerves.

• uh, btw: freaking 12 core Monster is available...

• Nice

https://www.netcup.de/bestellen/produkt.php?produkt=2804

Secure your deal of the day on Black Friday! The RS 8000 G9 SE with 12 instead of the regular 10 dedicated cores!

AMD EPYC ™ 7702
    64 GB DDR4 ECC RAM
    KVM technology
    99.9% minimum availability
    Safe and fast RAID10 (hardware RAID controller)
    Console for remote maintenance, backup system and much more

• @xetsys said:

@thimo said:
    I’m still debating whether I want to go for the RS 4000 G9 SE or RS Black Storm to replace my current RS 2000 G9... luckily I still have some time

Before settling on Hetzner, I mistook netcup RS as a dedicated server due to dedicated cores + 80TB+ bandwidth. But soon, I realized that these servers are not cut for dedicated usage. Disk is shared. So if your use case demands high intensity usage that lasts more than an hour, Hetzner will be a better option.

Very true, but the price difference is quite a lot and I prefer the EX line but unfortunately they don’t have a black friday promo on the EX setup costs

• there you have it: https://netcup-offers.eu/bestellen/produkt.php?produkt=2805 - unspectacular Black Flash. only 2 cores. RS 2000 is much more value for that 1.20 difference I'd say ;-)

Thanked by 2Bangumi TODO
  • BangumiBangumi Member
    edited November 2021

@Falzo said:
    there you have it: https://netcup-offers.eu/bestellen/produkt.php?produkt=2805 - unspectacular Black Flash. only 2 cores. RS 2000 is much more value for that 1.20 difference I'd say ;-)

It's a sad story, and now I have to wait for new stocks of RS 2000.

• Is the refill only stock that hasn't completed the checkout or full 222 spots ?

• @Falzo thanks for keeping the thread this up to date, its easy to read through this way :) !

I hope that there will be some storage options from netcup in offer soon :)

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • Is netcup ok for streaming Plex with four friends? Is the uplink 2.5 or 1gpbs? Would volcano suffice? Thanks!

• @nerdport53 said:
    Is netcup ok for streaming Plex with four friends? Is the uplink 2.5 or 1gpbs? Would volcano suffice? Thanks!

RS 2000 G9 should be fine.

• @nerdport53 said:
    Is netcup ok for streaming Plex with four friends? Is the uplink 2.5 or 1gpbs? Would volcano suffice? Thanks!

1Gbps is more than enough for 4 people streaming. You most likely have something around 20-50Mbps bitrate so even 200Mbps would be enough.

• CalmDownCalmDown Member
    edited November 2021
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2021-10-09                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #

Fri 26 Nov 2021 12:55:50 PM CET

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Processor  : AMD EPYC 7702P 64-Core Processor
    CPU cores  : 12 @ 1996.249 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ❌ Disabled
    RAM        : 62.8 GiB
    Swap       : 0.0 KiB
    Disk       : 2.0 TiB

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
    Read       | 160.42 MB/s  (40.1k) | 1.81 GB/s    (28.3k)
    Write      | 160.85 MB/s  (40.2k) | 1.82 GB/s    (28.4k)
    Total      | 321.27 MB/s  (80.3k) | 3.63 GB/s    (56.7k)
               |                      |                     
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
    Read       | 5.03 GB/s     (9.8k) | 5.20 GB/s     (5.0k)
    Write      | 5.29 GB/s    (10.3k) | 5.55 GB/s     (5.4k)
    Total      | 10.33 GB/s   (20.1k) | 10.75 GB/s   (10.5k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed     
                    |                           |                 |                
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 2.47 Gbits/sec  | 2.39 Gbits/sec 
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 2.45 Gbits/sec  | 2.39 Gbits/sec 
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 2.47 Gbits/sec  | 2.40 Gbits/sec 
    WebHorizon      | Singapore (1G)            | 567 Mbits/sec   | 724 Mbits/sec  
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 2.08 Gbits/sec  | 1.65 Gbits/sec 
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 1.99 Gbits/sec  | 1.79 Gbits/sec 
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 1.17 Gbits/sec  | 1.17 Gbits/sec 
    Iveloz Telecom  | Sao Paulo, BR (2G)        | 860 Mbits/sec   | 928 Mbits/sec  

Geekbench 4 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value                         
                    |                               
    Single Core     | 4507                          
    Multi Core      | 34722                         
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/16422968

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value                         
                    |                               
    Single Core     | 967                           
    Multi Core      | 9344                          
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/11232008

Thanked by 3Falzo Bangumi vimalware
  • Oh well, I should have bought the VPS 1000 G9. Hopefully, they will restock that one again later on or on christmas as it's been on the site for quite a while.

• So I guess that RS 2000 G9 is gone, gone, gone. Arguably, this was the netcup deal of the day.

Who managed to get it?

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • If anyone is interested I have my RS Ostern M OST21(4C,16G,320GB)(11,68€/month, 6 month payment) from last year available for a transfert hes been renewed recently but I went with an other server since then

• @FoxelVox said:
    @Falzo thanks for keeping the thread this up to date, its easy to read through this way :) !

sorry for dropping out. still struggeling with the internet connection today, so couldn't keep up with posting the links. also real life has some demands (kids, lunch...) so that's that.

anyway successfully prevented me from buying the RS 2000 in the second round too. for now. we'll see if they bring something up on cybermonday, I guess that's gonna be only one or two of these specials revived. other than that x-mas countdown starts next week already and I am pretty sure they'll do that advent calendar again and the same offers will be in there at some point ;-)

the only thing left that's interesting is gonna be the black storm at 16oo... expect it to be 4core, 20GB, 640GB - which makes it interesting because of the disk size already.

don't need. stay strong. don't need. stay strong... resist... don't ... neeeeed

Thanked by 2angstrom pbx
  • thimothimo Member
    edited November 2021

@Falzo said:

@FoxelVox said:
    @Falzo thanks for keeping the thread this up to date, its easy to read through this way :) !

sorry for dropping out. still struggeling with the internet connection today, so couldn't keep up with posting the links. also real life has some demands (kids, lunch...) so that's that.

anyway successfully prevented me from buying the RS 2000 in the second round too. for now. we'll see if they bring something up on cybermonday, I guess that's gonna be only one or two of these specials revived. other than that x-mas countdown starts next week already and I am pretty sure they'll do that advent calendar again and the same offers will be in there at some point ;-)

the only thing left that's interesting is gonna be the black storm at 16oo... expect it to be 4core, 20GB, 640GB - which makes it interesting because of the disk size already.

don't need. stay strong. don't need. stay strong... resist... don't ... neeeeed

Exactly... I’m going for the Black Storm to replace my RS 2000 G9 :wink:. i don’t really expect any better offers for Cyber Day or December

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • FalzoFalzo Member
    edited November 2021

@thimo said: to replace my RS 2000 G9 😉

don't you wink at me like that! hopefully that's not a discounted one and you're inviting to take that off of your hands... 🤦‍♂️

• There is always php-friends https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/175483/php-friends-bf-2021 if you needed something cheaper, but shittier :D